Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
If Trump started his own party it would destroy the republican party imo. He's immediately take over half the party with him, maybe even up to 70 percent.

I think it also gives progressives a way to destroy the democratic party, which would also be a good thing.
It would give the Democrats the ability to have a 60+% majority for a long time.

not that the populace falls that way, but the machine certainly does. Now isn't the time to start a 3rd party. Not quite.

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder
  • Miners are individuals or teams who use computing power and specialized software to produce bitcoin. Each new bitcoin requires the creation of a new blockchain which is validated by miners. The miner is paid in bitcoin for this validation.
  • This computing power used by miners is reportedly so extensive that it currently uses an estimated 17 million kWh in one day.
  • The current rate of electricity consumption by bitcoin miners, however, is estimated to be 0.08% of total global electricity consumption. As of 2016, global electricity generation reached nearly 25,000 terawatt-hours

They don’t produce new bitcoin. No new Btc will be created

Thasubliminal

Elite
Founder
Thanks for the explanation. I'll add that my wife and I are 32, she's currently pregnant so no shot for her and I'm not considering it at this point being we're both young and healthy. In a few years if this is still an issue we'll reconsider after there's been time to review how it effects everyone.
I am generally against the grain guy. The more they push the more I resist. That said, I do not have the info on the vaccines and am not a dr. Im 42, Ive had the Rona and am not planning on getting the vaccine. Not saying you should not, but the one thing that has caught my attention is fertility issues. I have two little assholes running around at home already, so Im all set. But if you were looking to have more kids, that is the angle I would look into and be comfortable with before vaccinating

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
youve got to separate out the mRNA platforms (Pfizer, Moderna) from the adenovirus vax (J&J).

For mRNA, it’s a risk/benefit game. If you are in the higher risk categories (60+, comorbidities) it is worth considering. Unfortunately the clinical trials barely studied anyone 60+ and it was all young healthy people. There wasn’t a single death from covid in the Pfizer/moderna trials in the placebo or vaccine arm. It does seem to protect from symptomatic disease but unclear how effective the vax is in older populations that need it. Neither vaccine is great from a safety perspective as there are a good number of grade 3 adverse events following the second shot. In very old and frail patients the vax seems pretty dangerous. Norway noted 33 deaths of frail patients following first vaccine dose. There are also some long term concerns about autoimmunity issues with mRNA platforms and these would not manifest immediately. The way the mRNA vax works supports this concern but there really isn’t much known about how these work long term in the real world in large populations . If you are younger And healthy I would stay away from these and if you have any family history or autoimmune disorders it’s worth considering going for the J&J vax if you want a vaccine.

J&J is interesting. I’ve seen a lot of people mention it’s a traditional vaccine — it’s not. It’s an adenovirus platform that delivers DNA for your cells to produce the spike proteins. The adenovirus has been manipulated so that it can’t replicate, but it still shuttles and delivers the DNA cargo to your cells nuclei. The 1-dose safety profile for this vaccine is super clean. Not sure how a 2-dose would look but that study is running right now. Not quite as efficacious as the mRNA vaccines but they studied a different patient population (young and old) and also ran their trials when the virus variants were more prominent. I’m 37 and healthy with no comorbidities. If I was forced to get a vaccine it would be this one but I’m leaning towards no vaccine at this time if I can get away with it. There are also some long term concerns with autoimmune issues with adenovirus platforms but the 1-dose makes me feel a little more comfortable.

My parents are in the high risk category (65+, overweight, etc) and I recommended that they get the mRNA vaccine .

Last thing I’ll say is there is a lot of misinformation out there on both sides of the issue. I’m always a little wary of public health pushes where it seems likely that the top officials would gladly sacrifice small numbers of people for what they perceive to be the greater good of society...
Good explanation. I am leery of the full court press for a vaccine which was developed in 7-8 months whereas most other vaccines and drugs have to go through multiple year studies before being put on the market. We've seen many drugs/vaccines which have gone through the multi-year process be withdrawn once they were given to the public and then horrendous issues arose. Thalidamide, Bextra and others come to mind. It's simply too early and there is not enough data to know whether any of these vaccines have long term implications. I will not be a guinea pig for any drug or vaccine which hasn't passed years of scrutiny. Sadly, for the billions who will take these shots, we likely will not know what problems, if any, accompany them for several more years. This and I have antibodies from Wuhan Charlie I got a year ago before anyone knew what it was.

Here's a good article on the ineffectiveness of masks.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...e_to_finally_follow_the_science_on_masks.html

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
  • Miners are individuals or teams who use computing power and specialized software to produce bitcoin. Each new bitcoin requires the creation of a new blockchain which is validated by miners. The miner is paid in bitcoin for this validation.
  • This computing power used by miners is reportedly so extensive that it currently uses an estimated 17 million kWh in one day.
  • The current rate of electricity consumption by bitcoin miners, however, is estimated to be 0.08% of total global electricity consumption. As of 2016, global electricity generation reached nearly 25,000 terawatt-hours

Rough estimates are that you use $500 in electricity (if in a very low price contract area set up for the datacenters) to potentially create $550 in BC value. Machines set up for mining at one point were about $4k each if I recall correctly. Set up those systems to run in your garage in the current landscape and you'll lose your ass.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder

GEtY_T.gif

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
youve got to separate out the mRNA platforms (Pfizer, Moderna) from the adenovirus vax (J&J).

For mRNA, it’s a risk/benefit game. If you are in the higher risk categories (60+, comorbidities) it is worth considering. Unfortunately the clinical trials barely studied anyone 60+ and it was all young healthy people. There wasn’t a single death from covid in the Pfizer/moderna trials in the placebo or vaccine arm. It does seem to protect from symptomatic disease but unclear how effective the vax is in older populations that need it. Neither vaccine is great from a safety perspective as there are a good number of grade 3 adverse events following the second shot. In very old and frail patients the vax seems pretty dangerous. Norway noted 33 deaths of frail patients following first vaccine dose. There are also some long term concerns about autoimmunity issues with mRNA platforms and these would not manifest immediately. The way the mRNA vax works supports this concern but there really isn’t much known about how these work long term in the real world in large populations . If you are younger And healthy I would stay away from these and if you have any family history or autoimmune disorders it’s worth considering going for the J&J vax if you want a vaccine.

J&J is interesting. I’ve seen a lot of people mention it’s a traditional vaccine — it’s not. It’s an adenovirus platform that delivers DNA for your cells to produce the spike proteins. The adenovirus has been manipulated so that it can’t replicate, but it still shuttles and delivers the DNA cargo to your cells nuclei. The 1-dose safety profile for this vaccine is super clean. Not sure how a 2-dose would look but that study is running right now. Not quite as efficacious as the mRNA vaccines but they studied a different patient population (young and old) and also ran their trials when the virus variants were more prominent. I’m 37 and healthy with no comorbidities. If I was forced to get a vaccine it would be this one but I’m leaning towards no vaccine at this time if I can get away with it. There are also some long term concerns with autoimmune issues with adenovirus platforms but the 1-dose makes me feel a little more comfortable.

My parents are in the high risk category (65+, overweight, etc) and I recommended that they get the mRNA vaccine .

Last thing I’ll say is there is a lot of misinformation out there on both sides of the issue. I’m always a little wary of public health pushes where it seems likely that the top officials would gladly sacrifice small numbers of people for what they perceive to be the greater good of society...

Solid break down, another note is the J&J has been used before for a vax (Ebola vaccine) While it was only 2 years ago at least there have been studies on the effects of the vaccine.

noelnole

Elite
Founder
He's much more powerful without the constraints of public office. And no matter how healthy he is today, 4 years is a long time when one is in their seventies... and I'm positive that nobody on either side wants to elect an elderly man as POTUS again (not that the potato was legitimately elected, but you get my drift)

I'll say it again. I don't think he's running in 2024. But whomever he endorses will win.

(I'm hoping for DeSantis/Noem ticket, either variation is fine with me.)

And the public in general is doing a fine job of killing the media influence. Again, thanks to Trump. He saved our country by waking people up.

It says something that the media *all of it* is in a neck to neck race to the bottom with congress.

hey texas gal, help me understand

after this last election cycle how can anybody win, whoever it is if one doesnt have the keys to dominion

DT trounced pedo joe yet he still lost because of blatant fraud

me and my buddies have lost faith and are still demoralized at what took place

to this day i still have a tear in my beer

Latest posts

Top Bottom