Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fuck around & find out

Joe King

Elite
right, well in holland and germany there is no "right to repair" which was another portion of that issue with the farmers.

it is slowly being incorperated in the US. but we have the magnusen moss act here.

are youfamiliar with that situation?

No, and I don’t care.
Of course you don't care. IMHO, it's people with the attitude like yours of not giving two shits about the legitimate plight of their fellow man, that is a big part of the problem with the World today.

@weaponoffreedom , I've never heard of that, and I'd bet that many here hadn't either. What exactly is that?

Of course you don't care. IMHO, it's people with the attitude like yours of not giving two shits about the legitimate plight of their fellow man, that is a big part of the problem with the World today.

@weaponoffreedom , I've never heard of that, and I'd bet that many here hadn't either. What exactly is that?
How bout you lick my asshole faggot. Then take your bike and go lay in the middle of a highway.

Goldhedge

Legendary
They was cool until it wasn't

DC Talk went into an actual prison to film this music video.

One of the most moving songs wedded to visuals I've ever seen.

You can literally feel the despair of the men who are locked in behind the walls. And yet the Light shines in the darkness...

Some people do have to find out the hard way.

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, was designed to protect consumers as it pertains to warranties from manufacturers. It has been expanded and cut over the years, but it basically says that if a company requires a certain product's continuous use to keep warranty in effect, then the company must provide the service or product for free..................here is an example:

You buy a truck.....and that truck has to use a specific oil that ONLY the manufacturer makes......and it must be used exclusively for the warranty to be held, then they have to provide you with the oil 100% free of charge.

It is a bit more complicated than that in many facets, but that is it in a nutshell.

As to why I brought it up: Recently, In Holland and Germany and others in eastern Europe, John Deere has been using RFID chip technology to make it impossible to repair your own tractor. If there is a part failure, the parts MUST have the RFID chip, and programmed by the John Deere dealer for the tractor to work. The part is not available in the open market, and the dealer has to program it, therefore they can charge whatever they want. In this country, that is made illegal by the Magnuson Moss Act.

It is a big problem, much more than what just meets the eye.

GM Dexos oil is a razors edge away from breaking this law, they wiggled around it calling it a ''spec''................

Joe King

Elite
The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975, was designed to protect consumers as it pertains to warranties from manufacturers. It has been expanded and cut over the years, but it basically says that if a company requires a certain product's continuous use to keep warranty in effect, then the company must provide the service or product for free..................here is an example:

You buy a truck.....and that truck has to use a specific oil that ONLY the manufacturer makes......and it must be used exclusively for the warranty to be held, then they have to provide you with the oil 100% free of charge.

It is a bit more complicated than that in many facets, but that is it in a nutshell.

As to why I brought it up: Recently, In Holland and Germany and others in eastern Europe, John Deere has been using RFID chip technology to make it impossible to repair your own tractor. If there is a part failure, the parts MUST have the RFID chip, and programmed by the John Deere dealer for the tractor to work. The part is not available in the open market, and the dealer has to program it, therefore they can charge whatever they want. In this country, that is made illegal by the Magnuson Moss Act.

It is a big problem, much more than what just meets the eye.

GM Dexos oil is a razors edge away from breaking this law, they wiggled around it calling it a ''spec''................
Wow, that's very interesting. Sounds like JD might have a problem on their hands with that.

Phillip McKraken

Legendary
Founder
That's exactly how it is, even if it doesn't fit into your world conspiratorial view of the world. Allthough it is true that farmers who do not meet the requirements can be expropriated, but that has nothing to do with immigrants. That's a hoax by some right-wing nutcases, not even the Dutch right-wingers claim that, that's being made up from overseas as it seems. Which makes it even funnier. The main thing is to produce another hoax until total world domination, gogo redneck!
What do they plan on doing with the land?

Tell that to all the clowns wanting to end aid to Ukraine.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
If you are a store clerk, and 2 dudes put on ski masks, rob you, then one leaps over the counter towards you, it is absolutely reasonable to be in fear of your life, and to respond with deadly force. Sucks the robber survived.
The authorities nowadays and all the do-gooders want these clerks to just back away and let the perps have at it. Too many perps will pull a gun and shoot the clerks after they ransack the stores. Don't play Russian Roulette with them. Pull a gun and neutralize the perp from a distance.

Top Bottom