Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food related: @Nape ‘s hot sauce is off the charts incredible. Purchase it if you ever can.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I hope @Nape gets in here with the details about the 18 year aged seeds he uses, and the spices, etc... but he was kind enough to send me a bottle of one of his trial runs, and I can’t say enough about the flavor.

I’m a hot sauce guy and this moved near the top, if not the top of my list. This sauce isn’t coming out on Super Bowl Sunday (I guess it would have come out if he added cum to it, which I doubt, old tMB sparkys/spunkys joke). I’m going to be extremely selfish with this stuff until I can buy it.

My friends will simply get a taste so they will purchase his product if it ever happens. When I opened the package I immediately just put a dab on my finger and tasted it. Unreal.

Can’t thank you enough @Nape and wish nothing but even more food success for you with this stuff. 5 stars/two thumbs up bud!

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
I’m glad you like it. At this point it’s not for sale. I give away to my family and friends. There is a limited supply and I like to give it away to those I care about. I’ve been doing it for 20+ years and it’s a mission of love for me and my kids.

They help me till the soil, plant the seedlings (I have a catalogue of 100s of 1000s of seeds documented for the last 20+ years....all grown here at my house), grow and nurture, harvest, mash, and make the final sauce after fermentation.

If anyone would like a bottle I’ll have a few made tomorrow. Since this is the first time that the mash has had vinegar introduced they need to meld for a couple weeks. I will have 10-15 bottles to send out. Again, I’m not selling them. Yet. If we still get good vibes on it then I will have something to give to my kids to grow and be passionate about. None of them want to follow my career path and this is something they can do as a family going forward. They are all in and love it as much as I do...and OP.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Is this the stuff with the fireman cum in it? If not, I’m not interested.

No, that’s just a tMB joke for years.

They are two completely different styles. One is good for one reason, I think this stuff is amazing for every reason. He responded to a question before I got it today, it can be used on anything. Just have never had flavors like this before. So glad I was able to be a guinea pig for it. Hope he doesn’t change a thing about this recipe.

But I’m sure if he does it would only be for the better, if that’s possible.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Man I’m always searching for good hot sauce. You gotta link?
Nope.

You got the first bottle. DM me your addy. I’ll get it out when it’s ready to go.

This batch is going to be 97% cayenne mash and 3% habanero mash, same as OP’s blend. I typically have ghost and lemon drop to blend with it but those are staying in the fam for now. We like those too much and my crop in 2020 for those were typically 2020. 🤌

Nape

Elite
Founder
No, that’s just a tMB joke for years.

They are two completely different styles. One is good for one reason, I think this stuff is amazing for every reason. He responded to a question before I got it today, it can be used on anything. Just have never had flavors like this before. So glad I was able to be a guinea pig for it. Hope he doesn’t change a thing about this recipe.

But I’m sure if he does it would only be for the better, if that’s possible.
Your batch has 4 ingredients....cayenne mash, habanero mash, salt, white vinegar. That’s it......along with a whole lotta love. 🤙

TJHall1

Legendary
I’m glad you like it. At this point it’s not for sale. I give away to my family and friends. There is a limited supply and I like to give it away to those I care about. I’ve been doing it for 20+ years and it’s a mission of love for me and my kids.

They help me till the soil, plant the seedlings (I have a catalogue of 100s of 1000s of seeds documented for the last 20+ years....all grown here at my house), grow and nurture, harvest, mash, and make the final sauce after fermentation.

If anyone would like a bottle I’ll have a few made tomorrow. Since this is the first time that the mash has had vinegar introduced they need to meld for a couple weeks. I will have 10-15 bottles to send out. Again, I’m not selling them. Yet. If we still get good vibes on it then I will have something to give to my kids to grow and be passionate about. None of them want to follow my career path and this is something they can do as a family going forward. They are all in and love it as much as I do...and OP.
Hell ya I'll take a bottle. Never was into hot sauce, but last 4-5 years I've gotten deep into it. Basically put a splash in everything just so it's in there.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I’ll pay for the sauce and shipping for everyone who wants it. If you wanna help with shipping or whatever I won’t turn you down but it’s not necessary.

I have the worlds greatest focus group right here. And a lot of potential distributors, influencers, and bad asses. Who knows.

It’s all for the kids. My oldest is graduating in May with a Computer Engineering degree from North Central College here in Naperville (defending NCAA DIII Natty champs in hut hut). He will build us a website when and if needed.

They have named the sauce DLJ, Chicago’s Original Fresh Mash Cayenne Pepper Sauce.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I’ll add.....it’s not hot as in “hot”. It doesn’t blow your lid off. We call it an umami sauce as the fermentation process makes it luscious in texture and it chills the heat. @RJ2kWJ can prolly attest.
Think of it as a really rich hot sauce that has a soy sauce/Vietnamese fish sauce umami to it.

Hutchhawk

Elite
Founder
Nope.

You got the first bottle. DM me your addy. I’ll get it out when it’s ready to go.

This batch is going to be 97% cayenne mash and 3% habanero mash, same as OP’s blend. I typically have ghost and lemon drop to blend with it but those are staying in the fam for now. We like those too much and my crop in 2020 for those were typically 2020. 🤌
If I figure out how to DM you I’ll do it. At 59 I’m not tech savvy

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I’ll add.....it’s not hot as in “hot”. It doesn’t blow your lid off. We call it an umami sauce as the fermentation process makes it luscious in texture and it chills the heat. @RJ2kWJ can prolly attest.
Think of it as a really rich hot sauce that has a soy sauce/Vietnamese fish sauce umami to it.

I should’ve said this in my OP, and I apologize. But yes, I’ve had the sauces in New Orleans you have to sign waivers for before they let you even try them.

This sauce isn’t that. This is all about flavor. And his process nails it. Just Unami deliciousness.

My only problem is there isn’t a giant 5 gallon glass bottle of it in my kitchen.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I should’ve said this in my OP, and I apologize. But yes, I’ve had the sauces in New Orleans you have to sign waivers for before they let you even try them.

This sauce isn’t that. This is all about flavor. And his process nails it. Just Unami deliciousness.

My only problem is there isn’t a giant 5 gallon glass bottle of it in my kitchen.
We literally put it on everything.

I had a huge 2019 batch but my pals and I tore through it from March-October 2020 on lockdown. Bourbon, ganja, a BGE, and a La Caja China are to blame. My 2020 is mostly still fermenting as I want it to go 6-9 months minimum. These are the first batches I’ve made of the 2020. The bottles I make in 3-6 months will be much better.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I'd be willing to contribute to your cause. I love a good hot sauce!
DM me your addy. Always good to work with a Wolverine.

My bro-in-law’s brother was at UM for 5 years and played in 4 Rose Bowls for Bo. I went to the 2005 Buckeye/ UM game in AA with him. We were in the ex-player/coach party on the deck between Crisler and the Big House. Met Bo, drank beers with Yale Van Dyne, Elvis Grbac, and Hutch. I was head to toe Scarlett and Gray. Needless to say I got some looks.

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
I’ll pay for the sauce and shipping for everyone who wants it. If you wanna help with shipping or whatever I won’t turn you down but it’s not necessary.

I have the worlds greatest focus group right here. And a lot of potential distributors, influencers, and bad asses. Who knows.

It’s all for the kids. My oldest is graduating in May with a Computer Engineering degree from North Central College here in Naperville (defending NCAA DIII Natty champs in hut hut). He will build us a website when and if needed.

They have named the sauce DLJ, Chicago’s Original Fresh Mash Cayenne Pepper Sauce.
I’ll pay for my own shipping! I love a good hot sauce.

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder

PS I made your quick and easy pasta tonight and messed up a lot of it but it was still delicious.65C0F1D0-DFB7-4960-B5E7-CFF80D0F09BE.jpeg

Nape

Elite
Founder
PS I made your quick and easy pasta tonight and messed up a lot of it but it was still delicious.View attachment 5597
Looks amazing. Make it your own to your own taste. Some like it saucier. Some less. Some more roasted garlic. Some less. Figure out the basics and make it sing.

My sauce as a finishing touch makes it MUCH better, humbly speaking of course. 🤌

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
If you are willing to send me ANY food, I'm willing to cover shipping and accept. Your cooking threads are a thing of beauty.

Nape

Elite
Founder
As a hot sauce lover and huge fan of your food post, I’d love a bottle if you have an extra.
If you are willing to send me ANY food, I'm willing to cover shipping and accept. Your cooking threads are a thing of beauty.
Yo I am in if there is any leftover. Love hot sauce. Put that shit on everything.
I should have enough for you guys but I have to see. I’m making the batch today and will show the process.

BoiseGator

Poster
Founder
You are a legend and the way you teach how to cook on here and when you were on TMB is second to none. You are the perfect example of how to build a customer base because you love what you do. I’m definitely DMing...

Wouldn’t take much to generate some good income and slowly scale up with your products.

If you need a sweet website one day use croot overlord...

Sidenote:

I really liked the idea of a retail/services forum when this first started. A lot of talented people here that would be willing to support each other.

Last edited:

bigassmoney

Poster
Founder

thank you buddy

Top Bottom