Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food related: @Nape ‘s hot sauce is off the charts incredible. Purchase it if you ever can.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder

Nape

Elite
Founder
Hey Nape, what's that beer in your avatar? Think you can sneak me a bottle?
GumballHead from Three Floyd’s. It’s a hoppy wheat ale. Delicious.

I can go buy some cans and send you one with your sauce.
Three+Floyds+Gumballhead.jpg

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
Where are you located?

I’d always say yes. My Costco has cases of GBH bottles for $42. Great deal.

You can also try Zombie Dust and Space Station Middle Finger. Both APAs.
St. Louis County, google says it’s a 40 min drive.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
I’m glad you like it. At this point it’s not for sale. I give away to my family and friends. There is a limited supply and I like to give it away to those I care about. I’ve been doing it for 20+ years and it’s a mission of love for me and my kids.

They help me till the soil, plant the seedlings (I have a catalogue of 100s of 1000s of seeds documented for the last 20+ years....all grown here at my house), grow and nurture, harvest, mash, and make the final sauce after fermentation.

If anyone would like a bottle I’ll have a few made tomorrow. Since this is the first time that the mash has had vinegar introduced they need to meld for a couple weeks. I will have 10-15 bottles to send out. Again, I’m not selling them. Yet. If we still get good vibes on it then I will have something to give to my kids to grow and be passionate about. None of them want to follow my career path and this is something they can do as a family going forward. They are all in and love it as much as I do...and OP.
Any left, fam?

bdog94tiger01

Poster
Founder
I got a couple Venmo's that I don't know whom they belong to.

Initials on the Venmo are JN and MV.......please let me know if this is you via DM so my daughter can account for each donation. She's on my ass and she's 15......that's my girl!!!
Nape, a little late on the reply.

I am the JN on the Venmo.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
GumballHead from Three Floyd’s. It’s a hoppy wheat ale. Delicious.

I can go buy some cans and send you one with your sauce.
Three+Floyds+Gumballhead.jpg
Not too press too much, But what would the shipping be for a 12 pack of Old Style to get to South Florida in time for Opening Day?

Average1980

Poster
Founder
My phone must be broken. I see pics, but no recipes.
Smoke all veggies not just grill. I cut veggies and smoke in grill basket for about 2 hours. Changes: 3-4 bell peppers, full 12oz dark beer, about 4 oz coke, squeeze 1 lime juice, add 1lb beef stew meat cut into small pieces. All goes in large crock pot for 2-3 hours. I don’t pre-cook meat anymore. Let the slow and low work. Then add smoked, processed veggies let it go another hour or so. Serve with shredded smoked Gouda.
DAAC508D-7C12-400E-8396-E24A0F9E645F.jpeg

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Smoke all veggies not just grill. I cut veggies and smoke in grill basket for about 2 hours. Changes: 3-4 bell peppers, full 12oz dark beer, about 4 oz coke, squeeze 1 lime juice, add 1lb beef stew meat cut into small pieces. All goes in large crock pot for 2-3 hours. I don’t pre-cook meat anymore. Let the slow and low work. Then add smoked, processed veggies let it go another hour or so. Serve with shredded smoked Gouda.
View attachment 6480
Just typed it out so I could print it. Can you let me know what the last sentence says after the Tomato paste? I'm gonna give this chili a try next time we make some. Thanks for sharing.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I honestly don’t know how people do mail order biz from their home. Packaging all of these bottles, printing the mail label, etc. Kudos to those who do that shit for a living. Took me 4+ hours to get it all done. Of course my CEO was out shopping with her friends while my Queen and I were laboring at home.
34C2C224-5159-4AB8-A0DC-BBF14C2BC6D3.jpeg

I had an overwhelming number of requests for bottles. I tried to accommodate everyone but unfortunately I couldn’t. Most bottles are 1/2 full so I could get more out to everyone. I know I said no payment was necessary but many did. If you sent money you got a bottle. If you didn’t I did not have enough to send this time. That was the only fair way to do it. I’ll make another batch in a month or so. I want the mash to ferment a bit longer.

Finn

Poster
I’m glad you like it. At this point it’s not for sale. I give away to my family and friends. There is a limited supply and I like to give it away to those I care about. I’ve been doing it for 20+ years and it’s a mission of love for me and my kids.

They help me till the soil, plant the seedlings (I have a catalogue of 100s of 1000s of seeds documented for the last 20+ years....all grown here at my house), grow and nurture, harvest, mash, and make the final sauce after fermentation.

If anyone would like a bottle I’ll have a few made tomorrow. Since this is the first time that the mash has had vinegar introduced they need to meld for a couple weeks. I will have 10-15 bottles to send out. Again, I’m not selling them. Yet. If we still get good vibes on it then I will have something to give to my kids to grow and be passionate about. None of them want to follow my career path and this is something they can do as a family going forward. They are all in and love it as much as I do...and OP.
I’d love a bottle if you have one available. Your posts are some if my favorites and I love me some hot sauce

Finn

Poster
I honestly don’t know how people do mail order biz from their home. Packaging all of these bottles, printing the mail label, etc. Kudos to those who do that shit for a living. Took me 4+ hours to get it all done. Of course my CEO was out shopping with her friends while my Queen and I were laboring at home.
View attachment 6659

I had an overwhelming number of requests for bottles. I tried to accommodate everyone but unfortunately I couldn’t. Most bottles are 1/2 full so I could get more out to everyone. I know I said no payment was necessary but many did. If you sent money you got a bottle. If you didn’t I did not have enough to send this time. That was the only fair way to do it. I’ll make another batch in a month or so. I want the mash to ferment a bit longer.

giphy.gif

Nape

Elite
Founder
I’d love a bottle if you have one available. Your posts are some if my favorites and I love me some hot sauce
I’ll do another batch shortly.

I am running out of mash tho. If anyone in this thread knows where I can buy some fresh cayennes I’d consider buying a 100 pounds or so to get ahead of my crop this year. 2021 DLJ that I grow myself won’t be ready until November-December, depending on the crop.

Finn

Poster
I’ll do another batch shortly.

I am running out of mash tho. If anyone in this thread knows where I can buy some fresh cayennes I’d consider buying a 100 pounds or so to get ahead of my crop this year. 2021 DLJ that I grow myself won’t be ready until November-December, depending on the crop.
I’ll be glad to look into it

Nape

Elite
Founder
I can send out a bunch of my seeds and we could start a growing co-op. Everyone grows the plant and then ships the peppers to me. That way I could get a lot more product year round. And the different growing conditions produce different heat, flavor, size profiles. We could have a Chicago Mash, Minnesota Mash, TX, SC, AL, etc mash and make a “regional or local” DLJ. Could be interesting.

ncin29

Poster
Founder
I can send out a bunch of my seeds and we could start a growing co-op. Everyone grows the plant and then ships the peppers to me. That way I could get a lot more product year round. And the different growing conditions produce different heat, flavor, size profiles. We could have a Chicago Mash, Minnesota Mash, TX, SC, AL, etc mash and make a “regional or local” DLJ. Could be interesting.

I'm down for this idea!

Loudog

Poster
Just received my package @Nape ...right out of the bottle and onto the back of my hand it tastes pretty damn good. Chicken tacos tonight so I'll be diving in for the full experience very soon. Thanks again for hooking it up and going thru all the trouble!

ncin29

Poster
Founder
Just received my package @Nape ...right out of the bottle and onto the back of my hand it tastes pretty damn good. Chicken tacos tonight so I'll be diving in for the full experience very soon. Thanks again for hooking it up and going thru all the trouble!

Ditto! Tomorrow I'm making eggs and making magic happen.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Glad you like it. It still needs to meld a bit longer but the umami is still there. In a week or two it’ll be a bit more harmonious.

Nape

Elite
Founder
View attachment 7409Just got mine tonight. Figure breakfast for dinner would work. FYI it tastes fantastic. Put me on the list for next shipment
Fuck yea!! It’s good on just about anything. And this is the mellow DLJ. I can kick it up with ghost or habanero. This batch has 18oz of cayenne mash and 2oz habanero. Just to add a little something to it.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Damnit I'm jealous. Hoping it gets here tomorrow. Says it should on tracking.
I didn’t get them out until late TH night. When I keyed up the label on stamps.com I didn’t realize that yesterday was a holiday. I thought most would get it yesterday or today but it’s delayed a day.

Top Bottom