Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food related: @Nape ‘s hot sauce is off the charts incredible. Purchase it if you ever can.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Alright. Got the Saturday chill buzz going, listening to Goose 9/17/2020 entire show, and making some DLJ.

Starting out, I’ll tell how I get to this point. When my cayenne’s are ready to pick I go and pick them. I’ll put the whole chile in the Cuisenart and roughly chop. I’ll put enough kosher salt in the bottom of a wide mouth Mason jar to cover. I’ll then add in the mash, a little at a time and sprinkle it with salt. Pack that down nice and firm. I layer like that all of the way until the jar is full. So I could have older mash, more mature mash on the bottom and younger, fruitier on top. I let that ferment for at least 6 months in the fridge down in my cave.
124FA21D-688B-4AE0-8317-33652B2FB3DF.jpeg
This jar is about a pound and a half of mash. I weigh it out to my specs and put it in my large pot and heat it until it simmers.
A06A9E0B-EB95-46BB-A6CD-84A792532368.jpeg
93A62136-6CAD-4188-A895-235BF1807E46.jpeg
After its simmered for a few minutes and my wife and daughter are pissed at me because of the fumes, I piss them off even more by adding vinegar. I let that come to a boil.
06F5009B-D28A-4A67-A487-F83917EAF021.jpeg
F1BE5E44-93B9-4FB7-925E-724964544860.jpegAfter simmering 15 minutes I kill the heat and let it sit for 45-60 minutes. That’s where I am now.

Nape

Elite
Founder
So I’m blending the sauce now. I do it on the screened in deck to keep the noise down inside. 30 minutes on high. It’s 10 degrees outside so it’s helping chill it down a bit.
293677B1-E0E3-4794-9E37-A147466693EB.jpegOnce it’s all done blending I put it back in the pot and bring it up to a simmer. That gets rid of all of the air I’ve whipped into it.
8637C3B4-46BE-41DE-A64B-EBC636F162CC.jpegI’ll let it chill out in Mason jars when it’s done. I’ll be interested to see how much I have. Then I’ll be able to see how many bottles I can get. I’ll probably fill most of the requested bottles 1/2 way so I can get most of you taken care of.

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
My packaging envelopes will get here tomorrow. The bottles will be filled by Wednesday and I should be able to get them out Thursday.

For those who are familiar, sending out 23 packages....is it better to use USPS, FedEx, or UPS? A lotta work packaging all this shit.

Here are the bottles going out:
TJHall
Tash123
ChiefTiger
Rusty Student
Baloo
HutchHawk
Loudog
BoiseGator
EdgeHollow
ChiefTrojan
abenson36
sacntion
bdog94tiger01
WestcampTX
Ncin29
Yep00
skramer100
Richard N. Toze
Cyberty
Icculus
kegobucks
CumAllahherAss - need addy
bigassmoney

CameronWV

Poster
Founder
I would love to be added to the waiting list for the next batch that goes out. More than happy to pay the shipping. Just let me know

Yep00

Poster
My packaging envelopes will get here tomorrow. The bottles will be filled by Wednesday and I should be able to get them out Thursday.

For those who are familiar, sending out 23 packages....is it better to use USPS, FedEx, or UPS? A lotta work packaging all this shit.

TJHall
Tash123
ChiefTiger
Rusty Student
Baloo
HutchHawk
Loudog
BoiseGator
EdgeHollow
ChiefTrojan
abenson36
sacntion
bdog94tiger01
WestcampTX
Ncin29
Yep00
skramer100
Richard N. Toze
Cyberty
Icculus
kegobucks
bigassmoney
I thought we learned our lesson about trusting usps. This is way more important... and I have no idea.

ncin29

Poster
Founder
I hate the USPS but they got 3 bottles to Texas for me last week. I just know the people in line at my PO will be pissed if I get ahead of them with 23 packages to weight and label. Fuck em.

Print the labels off ahead of time online, saves money and time. Guess on the weight and dimensions......trust me, I ship Legos and guessing in this environment won't matter.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Print the labels off ahead of time online, saves money and time. Guess on the weight and dimensions......trust me, I ship Legos and guessing in this environment won't matter.
I have a digital scale. How do I print labels? I guess Google is my friend on that

ncin29

Poster
Founder
I have a digital scale. How do I print labels? I guess Google is my friend on that

Create a user account uSPS (just name and address), it should allow you to select mailing options, then the location and package info and it will give you an estimate/total. Then it should ask if you'd like to ship the package and input your payment info and print the slip.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Create a user account uSPS (just name and address), it should allow you to select mailing options, then the location and package info and it will give you an estimate/total. Then it should ask if you'd like to ship the package and input your payment info and print the slip.
Thanks!

Im also looking at Stamps.com. I assume
It’s similar.

SharkSandwich

Poster
Founder
Damn, disappointed im just now seeing this thread. What an awesome tradition that hopefully your kids will carry on. Put me on the wait list for the next batch my man!

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Shit, I was working in my basement all weekend. Here’s how it’s coming along. Any bottles left for the late and tired?View attachment 6020
I just finished the rough in electric over the holidays. I'm finishing up drywalling a rental house, then going to start drywall in the basement. Not looking forward to it AT ALL.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I got a couple Venmo's that I don't know whom they belong to.

Initials on the Venmo are JN and MV.......please let me know if this is you via DM so my daughter can account for each donation. She's on my ass and she's 15......that's my girl!!!

Nape

Elite
Founder
Shit, I was working in my basement all weekend. Here’s how it’s coming along. Any bottles left for the late and tired?View attachment 6020
I think I might.....shoot me your address.......been years since I did this shit on a laptop. My daughter is busting my balls trying to get the accounting correct on all of you guys’ generosity.
2016805B-C484-43B4-8D18-B0FC28DC8AF3.jpeg

Average1980

Poster
Founder
I see some dark specs in that chili. Similar to batch below. I smoke all veggies for a couple hours before adding to the chili. Takes an amazing chili recipe to another level. 97966A0D-34DC-4E23-8C64-2E05250654CD.jpeg

Nape

Elite
Founder
I see some dark specs in that chili. Similar to batch below. I smoke all veggies for a couple hours before adding to the chili. Takes an amazing chili recipe to another level. View attachment 6187
Keen eye....smoked some poblano’s(back before it was fucking 5 degrees) and charred/roasted a couple as well.

Nape

Elite
Founder

TJHall
Tash123
ChiefTiger
Rusty Student
Baloo
HutchHawk
Loudog
BoiseGator
EdgeHollow
ChiefTrojan
abenson36
sacntion
bdog94tiger01
WestcampTX
Ncin29
Yep00
skramer100
Richard N. Toze
Cyberty
Icculus
kegobucks
bigassmoney
Amazon is dropping the ball. Packing materials will be here tomorrow. My girl already has the assembly line ready so hopefully in the mail tomorrow or TH.

Top Bottom