Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Food related: @Nape ‘s hot sauce is off the charts incredible. Purchase it if you ever can.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
I’ve been trying to find somewhere to buy fresh cayennes and just can’t find them. I’d love to by 1000 pounds just to get some sauce going before this summer’s crop, which will be my biggest ever.
No wholesale produce suppliers nearby?

Nape

Elite
Founder
Please know I've been keeping y'all in my prayers (not joking) It's a tough journey for all. May you all be blessed with peace, grace and comfort.

*And when my father in law passed, my husband had to get back to Dayton alone. I came up with the kids (all 4 of them, 2 still in diapers) 3 days later. His best friend booked a ticket just to help me get on and off the plane. Life happens and it's never accommodating. All that matters is that you, she and your father in law knows that you all love each other. That love never ends.
He’s home now and under hospice/palliative care. My wife , daughter, sis in law, and two of her daughters are there. I told him they were going to stay at our house and he said the fuck they are. He wants them at his joint to make it feel like home. 😢

We gotta tough couple of weeks ahead but he’s surrounded by love. Fuck cancer.

***edited to delete pics.

Last edited:

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
He’s home now and under hospice/palliative care. My wife , daughter, sis in law, and two of her daughters are there. I told him they were going to stay at our house and said the fuck they are. He wants them at his joint make it feel like home. 😢

We gotta tough couple of weeks ahead but he’s surrounded by love. Fuck cancer.

***edited to delete pics.
God bless him.

****and, yes, fuck cancer.

Sending all my love and hugs to all of you.

Nape

Elite
Founder
@Nape buddy you can't get nearly enough praise for your hot sauce.

I did have idea, can you turn this or any of your tomato concoctions and hot sauce, into a Bloody Mary mix?
I’ve thought about that. There are so many avenues to go down. I need peppers, which means i need land. I’m working on it but just added a 10’ x 25’ plot in my yard to grow more this year.

This latest batch, which I made a month ago but haven’t released yet, is the best yet. That extra 60 days of fermentation really worked out well.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I’ve thought about that. There are so many avenues to go down. I need peppers, which means i need land. I’m working on it but just added a 10’ x 25’ plot in my yard to grow more this year.

This latest batch, which I made a month ago but haven’t released yet, is the best yet. That extra 60 days of fermentation really worked out well.
1618886455750.gif

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Nice! Is that the batch you showed us all about earlier in this thread, or a new batch? Hard to keep up with all your stuff.

Nape

Elite
Founder
The batch I show in this thread is what I already sent out. I added a little dried cayenne from a different vintage to kick it up a bit. This new batch has a bit more habanero, fermented for 9 months, an no dried cayenne. It’s about 96% cayenne and 4% habanero. It’s really fucking good. Plus it’s been chilling down in the cave for a month and a half. What I sent to all in this thread earlier this year only chilled for a week. You need time for the vinegar to meld with the mash.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I gotcha. I still have 1.5 quart mason jars of mash. I want them to ferment for a couple more months. 1 year aged is glorious DLJ.
I just want you to have Sysco, US Foods, VB taken care of. If you want me to take care of Austin as well, fine. A promise is a promise.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I just want you to have Sysco, US Foods, VB taken care of. If you want me to take care of Austin as well, fine. A promise is a promise.
I need peppers and lots of them if I’m gonna service those behemoths.

I wanna keep all of the process in house. The blending, the fermentation, and the quality control. We would sell a license but they better step the fuck up.

sanction

Legendary
Founder

Depending on how things go here this year we might need to talk.

We shall see.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Depending on how things go here this year we might need to talk.

We shall see.
We can figure it out one way or another. I’m considering buying some old greenhouses up here. If we can start the seeds in a controlled environment they have a much better chance of producing fruit.

I appreciate your helping out, pal. That’s a good thing!!

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
@Nape I will gladly pay for more when you have it. My wife, and a few friends who I have allowed to taste the sauce, rave about it. It has replaced every hot sauce we previously used.

Nape

Elite
Founder
@Nape I will gladly pay for more when you have it. My wife, and a few friends who I have allowed to taste the sauce, rave about it. It has replaced every hot sauce we previously used.
I’m not being bragadocious but most that try it say the same thing. Im fucking elated that you love it. That’s what this is all about. And it’s a great life lesson/mission for my kids.

My youngest boy just told my wife and me today that college isn’t for him. I’ll put his ass to work doing this and he will wish he was back in college. 😎

Nape

Elite
Founder
I’m not being bragadocious but most that try it say the same thing. Im fucking elated that you love it. That’s what this is all about. And it’s a great life lesson/mission for my kids.

My youngest boy just told my wife and me today that college isn’t for him. I’ll put his ass to work doing this and he will wish he was back in college. 😎
It’s not a hot sauce. It’s a flavor/umami sauce that just so happens to add a little heat. I can make it to knock your dick in the dirt but I have never believed in those kind of hot sauces because they are limited in use.

Last edited:

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder

I've stopped letting people try it. I don't want to share it. It's nearly gone and I don't want that to happen.

TJHall1

Legendary
Yes, pasta sauce, that you use those tomatoes in. Sorry, should have made it more clear than san marzono sauce, as I thought I was dealing with someone who knew that a walleye wasn't a pike, then claimed they knew it wasn't one, even after they said it was one.

Nape

Elite
Founder
This is how you eat the pike we catch in MN. Even Jack the German knows how good it is.
24CB2AF4-1FFF-4D31-98E0-9E3FC462E0C2.jpeg
968FC7D2-F575-4C2F-8A0E-C35676C91322.jpeg

Nape

Elite
Founder
Yes, pasta sauce, that you use those tomatoes in. Sorry, should have made it more clear than san marzono sauce, as I thought I was dealing with someone who knew that a walleye wasn't a pike, then claimed they knew it wasn't one, even after they said it was one.
I had a rough week, pal. If you wanna bust balls bring it. If you wanna be an asshole bring it. I can hang. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.

Nape

Elite
Founder
The only pike I've ever eaten are what we caught in Minnesota. That dog looks tasty tho.
Pike is the best eating fish for me. You obviously have a different pallet than I do. I don’t judge you based on that. I’d appreciate the same.

TJHall1

Legendary
I had a rough week, pal. If you wanna bust balls bring it. If you wanna be an asshole bring it. I can hang. Otherwise, go fuck yourself.
Don't tell me to go fuck yourself when you couldn't just admit you were wrong. That's what a normal person would do instead of trying to squirm out of it and then telling someone to fuck themselves. Sorry about your rough week.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Don't tell me to go fuck yourself when you couldn't just admit you were wrong. That's what a normal person would do instead of trying to squirm out of it and then telling someone to fuck themselves. Sorry about your rough week.
I’ve always known them as walleyed pike. No need to get shitty about it. I never answered your last post in that thread because there is no answer worthy.

TJHall1

Legendary
I’ve always known them as walleyed pike. No need to get shitty about it. I never answered your last post in that thread because there is no answer worthy.
I didn't get shitty. You condescendingly told me "you know walleye is a pike, right?"
I told you that you were wrong and that its in the perch family.

You then proceeded to say "I know it's not a pike, it's actually closer to perch."

LOL sorry you can't admit being wrong.

Top Bottom