Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Secure Communications Thread

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
I thought it would be nice to start a thread about some of the secure communication options there are out there. Experiences, recommendations, etc. What do you say?

I started using Signal recently, which is basically an encrypted replacement for your SMS text messages. So far so good. Open source (see here).

I also have an email with ProtonMail, which is a fully encrypted email service. Email sent between ProtonMail users is fully encrypted, both at rest and in transit. ProtonMail cannot decrypt your email at rest either; fully private to you. Most email providers have encryption in transit, but the emails are usually not encrypted at rest on their servers. Why? Well, in the case of Google (and others), it's so they can scan your emails and generate information that can be sold for advertising and marketing. There is a free level of service, and the upgraded paid level starts at $48/yr and $79/2yrs. Open source (see here).

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I thought it would be nice to start a thread about some of the secure communication options there are out there. Experiences, recommendations, etc. What do you say?

I started using Signal recently, which is basically an encrypted replacement for your SMS text messages. So far so good. Open source (see here).

I also have an email with ProtonMail, which is a fully encrypted email service. Email sent between ProtonMail users is fully encrypted, both at rest and in transit. ProtonMail cannot decrypt your email at rest either; fully private to you. Most email providers have encryption in transit, but the emails are usually not encrypted at rest on their servers. Why? Well, in the case of Google (and others), it's so they can scan your emails and generate information that can be sold for advertising and marketing. There is a free level of service, and the upgraded paid level starts at $48/yr and $79/2yrs. Open source (see here).

There are none. The government can read them all.

Maybe some work for the private sector, but never forget the gov is your daddy

catreaper

Master Baiter
I don’t love the idea of any of my communication being read. That being said, I don’t think I’ve ever said anything through texts that I could get in trouble for. But fuck the over reach that is happening now.

but let’s remember where this shit started.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Do all my peeps have to sign up also? Or is it just on my end?

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I don’t love the idea of any of my communication being read. That being said, I don’t think I’ve ever said anything through texts that I could get in trouble for. But fuck the over reach that is happening now.

I text hookers and dealers on occasion

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Just an FYI: Government/Intel community can access Signal. And MY personal ProtonMail along with many other researchers and independent journalists was hacked end of 2019. Also, be careful of the TOR/Onion you use bc they aren’t all secure either.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder

No doubt, there are many Republicans who are part of this problem.

Do all my peeps have to sign up also? Or is it just on my end?
Only people who have Signal can be seen on Signal.

Just an FYI: Government/Intel community can access Signal. And MY personal ProtonMail along with many other researchers and independent journalists was hacked end of 2019. Also, be careful of the TOR/Onion you use bc they aren’t all secure either.
Can you elaborate on this more? Would like to know more about this.

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
Signal is endorsed by Jack Dorsey and Edward Snowden.

no-hard-pass.gif

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Someone else posted this link, maybe in the Dance thread, but I thought it belonged in this thread too.

I'm going to take a serious look at this company. I sent an email out to them, and an actual human responded in less than 24 hours. I know I've grown very accustomed to the integration with Google, but it might be worth a try to see how life would work with this OS installed on my phone. One of my questions was if I was unsatisfied, how could I get the original factory OS installed back on the phone. Basically, I would need to re-install the OS from a PC. I imagine that's exactly what they are doing, but with their own OS.

If I do go ahead with this, I'll let you guys know what my experience is.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Someone else posted this link, maybe in the Dance thread, but I thought it belonged in this thread too.

I'm going to take a serious look at this company. I sent an email out to them, and an actual human responded in less than 24 hours. I know I've grown very accustomed to the integration with Google, but it might be worth a try to see how life would work with this OS installed on my phone. One of my questions was if I was unsatisfied, how could I get the original factory OS installed back on the phone. Basically, I would need to re-install the OS from a PC. I imagine that's exactly what they are doing, but with their own OS.

If I do go ahead with this, I'll let you guys know what my experience is.

Please do I am interested.

Just 2 years ago apple was running billboards and commercials saying they were “number one” in privacy. “Your phone, your data.” Etc

in the blink of an eye they threw that down the drain.

clearly I’m not sure what to do with my pedo pictures

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
There are none. The government can read them all.

Maybe some work for the private sector, but never forget the gov is your daddy
I just send bullshit and that takes care of everything. In other words,, they know that I like for them to read my mail because I aways say this - "FUCK OFF DICK SUCKING FEDERAL FUCKS THAT SUCK DOG DICKS."

So now they don't read it anymore because they know I am an American free speech advocate!

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

It’s about to get much worse to under the guise of “cyber security” with Homeland Security

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Here is a snippet. It’s called EINSTEIN - and basically they are going to intrude even deeper and more efficiently into everyone’s communications and use machine learning to more rapidly and expansively profile everyone. It’s thoroughly fucked beyond belief and it will be passed Bipartisan through Congress with thunderous applause.

1630544962997.jpeg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I use proton mail, no issues except people shocked that I don’t have a gmail address. Before that I used mail.com, but there were a ton of problems with people thinking I forgot the g before mail.
Proton mail as good as far as getting away from the Google overlords, but is far from private.

Now some of these practices can help you remain private from the general population / average Joe, but you aren’t going to be hiding anything from Big Brother

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Best thing to do, and some guys on this forum have actually being doing it, is getting in the habit of meeting with likeminded people in person and having private conversations about real issues. But just make sure that no electronics are anywhere near the room. I don’t like anyone to know my strategy for Age of Empires, so this is the only way I will discuss it

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Just be aware that the gov can read signal. You are better off just using code words or some other non digital communication.
Wow honestly this is freaking brilliant. Basically ignore all the “standardized” encryption protocols and developing your own. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a cryptogram type thing either. It’s the same with the entire “pizzagate” theory. No matter that the information is public, no one can actually confirm what the pizza and hotdogs mean in the emails. I’m not trying to validate (or invalidate) the pizzagate theory here, just using it as an example.

Then it doesn’t matter who is reading your communications. You could post that shit on billboards as long as no one can produce the “decode key” in some physical form.

Wow man, there really is something to this thought process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom