Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GUN Thread

should we be buying our AR's now before the dimocrats sneak in a ban? Anyone have any recomendations?
To be honest, now is not the best time for that, but I you dont have on, there is no better time. A milspec AR is a milspec AR. Some makers have nice features thna others, but if I were to buy one today, I would go with one from Springfield Armory.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I bought some new pistols in the spring, mentioned in another post...a CZ Tactical Sports Orange, which I fucking love. So easy to shoot well. Also a Sig P365 that I carry often, in a Milt Sparks summer special II. Plus a Kahr CW380, which will not run reliably, so is going back to Kahr for work.

Right now, I am thinking hard about getting a KelTec P32, just for shits and giggles. Also, I'm paitiently waiting for another Milt Sparks holster, plus a nice floral carved tom threepersons holster from El Paso Saddlery for my Colt 1873 clone, and a kydex race holster for the CZ...Been a fun year for me with guns & holsters, not to mention all the ammo to feed them.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
I bought some new pistols in the spring, mentioned in another post...a CZ Tactical Sports Orange, which I fucking love. So easy to shoot well. Also a Sig P365 that I carry often, in a Milt Sparks summer special II. Plus a Kahr CW380, which will not run reliably, so is going back to Kahr for work.

Right now, I am thinking hard about getting a KelTec P32, just for shits and giggles. Also, I'm paitiently waiting for another Milt Sparks holster, plus a nice floral carved tom threepersons holster from El Paso Saddlery for my Colt 1873 clone, and a kydex race holster for the CZ...Been a fun year for me with guns & holsters, not to mention all the ammo to feed them.
I have a P365 for my bedside piece. That's a sweet shooting son of a bitch. Still in the market for a tactical shotgun, but a decent one ain't cheap.

And, I'm starting to think I have a gun shopping problem.

When I used to teach concealed carry classes, their we two gun brands that had problems, Kel-Tec, and Kimber. I suppose you have tried the Kahr with all types of ammo? My Sig 238 is picky, like full power FMJ.......

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
When I used to teach concealed carry classes, their we two gun brands that had problems, Kel-Tec, and Kimber. I suppose you have tried the Kahr with all types of ammo? My Sig 238 is picky, like full power FMJ.......

I have tried with all types of ammo. The jams bother me, but not as much as the light primer strikes! ...and yeah, I know KelTec's reputation, but the tiny size of that P32 intrigues me anyway. Doubt I'd carry it much anyway. Usually it's my P365 IWB, or my J frame in a front pocket.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I have a P365 for my bedside piece. That's a sweet shooting son of a bitch. Still in the market for a tactical shotgun, but a decent one ain't cheap.

And, I'm starting to think I have a gun shopping problem.

I am amazed how easy it is to shoot for its size. Expected it to be much snappier. Still can't decide if I like the factory grip or the Wilson Combat one better.

champsballs

Elite
Founder

They only thing you teach is how to be a giant fag.
You don’t know shit about guns. You could choose any high dollar gun in the world and I would still kill you easily.

Everyone else in this thread is cool tho

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
The Mossberg Shockwave isn't a bad option. My buddy's has been extremely reliable at his farm.
Before it fell in the lake, I had a shockwave. My wife won't shoot it because it looks scary. I was hoping something with a pistol grip and stock would be less intimidating. Plus I'd like a semi-auto as opposed to a pump. Too many times watching John Wick 3.

Apparently putting a pistol grip and a stock on the shockwave is a no-no.

ok Looked up ginger...........

Obviously that is not it, but are we talking red heads?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Any recommendations for a small female?

I recommend she put as many guns in her hand as she can, and shoot as many as possible, and buy what feels best to her...same advice I'd give a man.

If you are looking for models to check out, and we are talking about a stereotypical woman shooter, I'd recommend a Sig P365 in 9mm or even better, in 380, or a S&W Shield EZ, or Glock 43. I'd take a Beretta Pico over an LCP, if she wants something smaller and can handle it.

Any recommendations for a small female?
Many will say that 9mm is really the smallest round to use for defense. In smaller guns, like the compact types, 9mm can be a bit much, because you have less purchase whem holding the gun. 380 is good enough. Another thing to consider is racking the slide..........some guns are harder to rack than others. Glock is the safest action semi auto pistol there is, and my wife can manipulate it well, very simple and reliable. And comes in many colors.........which can aid in finding it in a purse and such. Clean lines dont snag on stuff, etc.

N. Pappagiorgio

Poster
Founder
Interesting. Before I lost my Kimber in a boating accident it never misfired in 15 years.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Interesting. Before I lost my Kimber in a boating accident it never misfired in 15 years.

I have a friend with the same experience. Think Kimber being unreliable may be more internet lore than fact. Only 1911 I have is a Les Baer. It had a few hiccups during break-in, but has been flawless ever since. Fucking love that gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom