Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GUN Thread

Les Baer=big money back in the day, nice

Kimber aint lore, I have seen it firsthand, not to say that they all are junk, but saw a trend over maybe 10 students. Maybe it was cheap ammo, shooter, magazines, etc. Keltec and Kimber had most issues..........as a matter of fact, one of the guys who had a Kimber had to qualify with my 369$ XD9, being as his shit would not eject. Keltec PF9 suffers from weak extractor leaf spring.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Kimber aint lore, I have seen it firsthand, not to say that they all are junk, but saw a trend over maybe 10 students. Maybe it was cheap ammo, shooter, magazines, etc. Keltec and Kimber had most issues..........as a matter of fact, one of the guys who had a Kimber had to qualify with my 369$ XD9, being as his shit would not eject. Keltec PF9 suffers from weak extractor leaf spring.

Alot of 1911 problems are magazine related, for sure. I only use Wilson Combat mags for that reason. Yeah, the Baer was pricey, and more than someone like me should spend on a gun, but fuck it. Only live once. Plus, I could always get my money out of it if I had to. They are $500 more now than when I bought mine. That and my Tactical Sports Orange, which was close in price, are my only guns over $1000 though. Both worth it, IMO, which is all that really matters.

Alot of 1911 problems are magazine related, for sure. I only use Wilson Combat mags for that reason. Yeah, the Baer was pricey, and more than someone like me should spend on a gun, but fuck it. Only live once. Plus, I could always get my money out of it if I had to. They are $500 more now than when I bought mine. That and my Tactical Sports Orange, which was close in price, are my only guns over $1000 though. Both worth it, IMO, which is all that really matters.
Agreed, you only live once, and you cant take it with you! I am really not a gun guy so to speak, which is to say i dont really have anything that is a collector item. I shoot a lot, and would destroy a collector fine firearm. In other words, it would be a travesty if I owned a unicorn.

If I did ever have an extra 6-8k laying around, I would want an arsenaly refinished 1897 trench gun, complete. An would shoot the shit out of it.

"You will never see a Uhaul following a hearst"- Denzel Washington

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Agreed, you only live once, and you cant take it with you! I am really not a gun guy so to speak, which is to say i dont really have anything that is a collector item. I shoot a lot, and would destroy a collector fine firearm. In other words, it would be a travesty if I owned a unicorn.

If I did ever have an extra 6-8k laying around, I would want an arsenaly refinished 1897 trench gun, complete. An would shoot the shit out of it.

"You will never see a Uhaul following a hearst"- Denzel Washington

Yeah, I can't call any of my guns collectors items. I shoot the shit out of most of them, and the ones I don't is because they are super old like my S&W from 1889, or I just don't like shooting them as much as some of my other guns.

If I had $6-8k to blow on a gun? Damn...so many choices. Off the top of my head I would probably get a nice old Smith from the early 20th century, maybe a Registered Magnum, or a Triple Lock target model. For that price, they might not be in tip top shape, but I could shoot them alot and not feel bad. Like you, I don't think I could buy a gun and just look at it & not shoot it, but to each his own.

champsballs

Elite
Founder

I bet you take it in the ass from lots of guys, I’m sure many have seen that first hand.
You can find some bullshit story about every type of gun having problems but it always comes down to the user in the end. Ive seen very expensive rifles jam and not feed right. You’re a fucking idiot

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I bet you take it in the ass from lots of guys, I’m sure many have seen that first hand.
You can find some bullshit story about every type of gun having problems but it always comes down to the user in the end. Ive seen very expensive rifles jam and not feed right. You’re a fucking idiot

I can't imagine the number of "students" you'd have to have, to even see more than a handful of Kimbers or Kel-Tecs, much less any significant numbers of malfunctions. And without knowing the specifics, you can't assume it's the gun. Could just as easily he a mag issue, or poor lubing if we are talking 1911s.

Speaking of Kimber, I kind of dig their newer line of revolvers. Anyone else? Never shot one, but wouldn't mind a DASA in .357 with a 3 inch barrel.

champsballs

Elite
Founder
I can't imagine the number of "students" you'd have to have, to even see more than a handful of Kimbers or Kel-Tecs, much less any significant numbers of malfunctions. And without knowing the specifics, you can't assume it's the gun. Could just as easily he a mag issue, or poor lubing if we are talking 1911s.

Speaking of Kimber, I kind of dig their newer line of revolvers. Anyone else? Never shot one, but wouldn't mind a DASA in .357 with a 3 inch barrel.

Poor lubing is never having a problem I have. I also keep my guns properly greased up to prevent malfunction.
I have a kimber 380 and 1911, both are carried by my wife and neither have ever had an issue because neither of us are retarded. I am confident that they will fire when the time comes.
I like my Glock 43 that I carry, simple and reliable, and my go to backpack carry is my keltec sub2000 9mm Glock mag. It doesn’t matter what gun myself or anyone that knows how to shoot has, when you know the feel of a gun you can be deadly with it, no matter the make or model. I’ve killed many many coyotes with my 10/22 that my dad bought me when I was 11

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Poor lubing is never having a problem I have. I also keep my guns properly greased up to prevent malfunction.
I have a kimber 380 and 1911, both are carried by my wife and neither have ever had an issue because neither of us are retarded. I am confident that they will fire when the time comes.
I like my Glock 43 that I carry, simple and reliable, and my go to backpack carry is my keltec sub2000 9mm Glock mag. It doesn’t matter what gun myself or anyone that knows how to shoot has, when you know the feel of a gun you can be deadly with it, no matter the make or model. I’ve killed many many coyotes with my 10/22 that my dad bought me when I was 11

The sub2000 seems like it'd be a fun time. I don't have a PCC yet. Seems like I can't stop buying handguns atm, but would like a 9mm carbine one day.

I like the Glock 43, and Glocks in general...I have a 19 & 20...but I love my Sig P365.

You are right, not every gun is made equally, (she was talking about me last time)

The sub2000 seems like it'd be a fun time. I don't have a PCC yet. Seems like I can't stop buying handguns atm, but would like a 9mm carbine one day.

I like the Glock 43, and Glocks in general...I have a 19 & 20...but I love my Sig P365.
the cz scorpion carbine is an amazing gun.......but if i were to do it over again, i would have done an ar9 for mag compatability with pistol, or the RONI CHASSIS THING

I am not saying that Kimber or Keltec are bad guns, maybe Keltec,.........just sharing my experience with the two brands that stood out to me to have the most malfunctions. I am a certified instructor in pistol and rifle and shotgun, and held many classes, when I used to teach them.

My Sig238, is 100% with FMJ, but for some reason, on the last round, it has issues with ejecting Hornady Black. A lot of the gun is the ammo, and magazines no doubt.

Next.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
the cz scorpion carbine is an amazing gun.......but if i were to do it over again, i would have done an ar9 for mag compatability with pistol, or the RONI CHASSIS THING

The Roni for my Glock 19 has interested me for awhile, but not quite enough to buy one. Probably just buy a PCC at some point. Still have a couple pistols/revolvers interesting me more at this point though.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

Cheap ammo is the #1 cause.
Shot cheap bird shot as a kid and would have problems w my browning(burned in a fire) switched to Winchester ammo and never happened again.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
The Roni for my Glock 19 has interested me for awhile, but not quite enough to buy one. Probably just buy a PCC at some point. Still have a couple pistols/revolvers interesting me more at this point though.
Is Palmetto Armory who i need to get a decent hog gun from? My Rueger .40 got gone when my shit burned down for real.
Looking for something to ride 4 wheelers or hike w that is not a giant gun. 9 shots is fine w me.
I had a hig charge me when I was 15/16. Wont go in the woods wo a gun anymore. I went up a tree and he went HAM on my 3 wheeler(pun intended)

Is Palmetto Armory who i need to get a decent hog gun from? My Rueger .40 got gone when my shit burned down for real.
Looking for something to ride 4 wheelers or hike w that is not a giant gun. 9 shots is fine w me.
I had a hig charge me when I was 15/16. Wont go in the woods wo a gun anymore. I went up a tree and he went HAM on my 3 wheeler(pun intended)

43x is slimline but "full"frame. 10 rd

loaded with

This will fuck some shit up, best ammo maker i think

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

43x is slimline but "full"frame. 10 rd

loaded with

This will fuck some shit up, best ammo maker i think
I need bigger than a 9mm. 9mm will bounce off a hog. .40 or .45
A 357 would work but I lve never been a huge fan. I may got get another of what I had

I need bigger than a 9mm. 9mm will bounce off a hog. .40 or .45
A 357 would work but I lve never been a huge fan. I may got get another of what I had
That underwood ammo is solid core not FMJ, it ain bouncin off shit accept steel, will cut right into hog no doubt. Made for dangerous game. I have done testing myself, but not on video.................this guy did a real review using proper gel at proper temp. Also included is him shooting a hog. There is a bunch of myths with 9mm and power. Much of this was in early law enforcement using 147 grain as opposed to 115 of 124 grain. 147 is to slow and will not penetrate like the faster 115 grain..............This is killer stuff and ridiculous accurate. Trust me, but do your own research. Controlability is key and 9mm is far easier to shoot than most others.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

I hate PSA, but they have a huge selection and decent prices. To me, it is the walmart of guns. Big store, lots of shit at decent prices(except ammo), and a staff full of unknowledgable people who don't want to help you...convenient though. I have bought a gun or two there, but mostly try to avoid it.

I hate PSA, but they have a huge selection and decent prices. To me, it is the walmart of guns. Big store, lots of shit at decent prices(except ammo), and a staff full of unknowledgable people who don't want to help you...convenient though. I have bought a gun or two there, but mostly try to avoid it.
the picture I posted of the Freedom Wolf frame, is holding a PSA Dagger Slide......for $179, complete slide with barrel and parts kit.........was accurate and reliable on testing. I have not been much for PSA in the past, but I think they may be upping their game some. PSA is owned by the same company that recently bought DPMS...........not that that means much.

One day they will all be owned by one company, and that s when skynet pulls the plug.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
the picture I posted of the Freedom Wolf frame, is holding a PSA Dagger Slide......for $179, complete slide with barrel and parts kit.........was accurate and reliable on testing. I have not been much for PSA in the past, but I think they may be upping their game some. PSA is owned by the same company that recently bought DPMS...........not that that means much.

One day they will all be owned by one company, and that s when skynet pulls the plug.

I hate that is happening in the gun & ammo business, but that's how it goes. Part of the reason for the stupid high ammo prices, is that like 2 or 3 companies own almost all the ammo manufacturing in America. Weird that european ammo is cheaper most of the time, even though they have to ship it overseas to get it to us. I'm decently stocked, but wish I had bought way more in 2019...especially primers.

I hate that is happening in the gun & ammo business, but that's how it goes. Part of the reason for the stupid high ammo prices, is that like 2 or 3 companies own almost all the ammo manufacturing in America. Weird that european ammo is cheaper most of the time, even though they have to ship it overseas to get it to us. I'm decently stocked, but wish I had bought way more in 2019...especially primers.
me too, 9mm is down to about .37 which is double of cost 3 years ago, then they stop russian ammo imports.....painting a picture?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
That underwood ammo is solid core not FMJ, it ain bouncin off shit accept steel, will cut right into hog no doubt. Made for dangerous game. I have done testing myself, but not on video.................this guy did a real review using proper gel at proper temp. Also included is him shooting a hog. There is a bunch of myths with 9mm and power. Much of this was in early law enforcement using 147 grain as opposed to 115 of 124 grain. 147 is to slow and will not penetrate like the faster 115 grain..............This is killer stuff and ridiculous accurate. Trust me, but do your own research. Controlability is key and 9mm is far easier to shoot than most others.

Yep. Underwood or Buffalo Bore, which is pricier, are what you want for hogs. Their hard cast lead bullets will penetrate just about anything, and with hogs all you care about is penetration.(Insert dirty joke here)

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
me too, 9mm is down to about .37 which is double of cost 3 years ago, then they stop russian ammo imports.....painting a picture?

Yeah, the picture is clear. 9mm & .22lr, which I shoot alot of, has come down a good bit, but needs to come down more for me. So does .223. The .38, .357, .380 & many others are still stupid high though, glad I can reload some of those.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
As someone who went to a gun store recently... I'm glad I already owned plenty. They litter ali had a raffle on an AR.... basically best offer got it. Pistols were $50 to $100 over priced. Ammo.... lol.

Ammo is ridiculous. I know we won't ever see $8-9/box 9mm again with general inflation, but this shit is stupid. $16 for a box is now a steal. Fuck biden and the dems, and fuck vista outdoors and the other huge corporations bending us all over a barrel right now too.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Here is a guy getting shit done without a gun. Fucking badass video, only wish he had got the guy in the throat or lung and killed him...still, this video makes me smile.

"Stop nigga, you got me!!!"

goodfellas19.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom