Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GUN Thread

RHT 3

Elite
When is the 9mm craze going to end ? GD. Now these companies are making - GASP- all steel guns again as if it's something new. The 10 mm has gained some traction lately but if you think shooting a .45 is too much for sissy men then forget that 10 mm bro.

I've cancelled every gun magazine I have. They all have the same damn articles on the same damn "new" 9mm polymer gun.

30 Super Carry must be a dud because they are not talking about it at all. Shocker.

Please , anyone, start making some new .45's.......

PS - That 22 LR machine gun is awesome !!!!!!

When is the 9mm craze going to end ? GD. Now these companies are making - GASP- all steel guns again as if it's something new. The 10 mm has gained some traction lately but if you think shooting a .45 is too much for sissy men then forget that 10 mm bro.

I've cancelled every gun magazine I have. They all have the same damn articles on the same damn "new" 9mm polymer gun.

30 Super Carry must be a dud because they are not talking about it at all. Shocker.

Please , anyone, start making some new .45's.......

PS - That 22 LR machine gun is awesome !!!!!!
9mm is my choice of handgun round, or 380 ACP for heavy concealment.................never been much of a 45 guy...................carried a USP 45 in the Army, and liked it better than the M9, but was never a fan of the 45, too loud, and limited ammo capacity in comparison.

I agree, the gun industry has hit an issue with "new" stuff. Typically someone like a gun or type of gun and sticks with it.......new just means you have to buy more bullshit with it. Amongst the major makers, one handgun is really no better than the next. XD to Glock to SIG to S&W all good with not real benefit over the other.

Interesting. Before I lost my Kimber in a boating accident it never misfired in 15 years.
That was just my experience with students. I think it likely has to do with the guns not being broken in, as many want to floss their new steel to everyone else in the class.......that coupled with the fact that most bring the cheapest ammo to shoot also. Kimber is a great brand, just my experience is all.

RHT 3

Elite
9mm is my choice of handgun round, or 380 ACP for heavy concealment.................never been much of a 45 guy...................carried a USP 45 in the Army, and liked it better than the M9, but was never a fan of the 45, too loud, and limited ammo capacity in comparison.

I agree, the gun industry has hit an issue with "new" stuff. Typically someone like a gun or type of gun and sticks with it.......new just means you have to buy more bullshit with it. Amongst the major makers, one handgun is really no better than the next. XD to Glock to SIG to S&W all good with not real benefit over the other.
I get why people like a 9 to carry. Its lighter, etc....

But GD all they make anymore is 9mm and there is nothing new to be had. Nada. I know they made the 30 Super Carry to go between 380 and 9 and to create a new gun too buy.

But nobody but 2 people make the gun that I can find so far. Jeeesh.

Just irritating.

But GD all they make anymore is 9mm and there is nothing new to be had. Nada. I know they made the 30 Super Carry to go between 380 and 9 and to create a new gun too buy.

Just irritating.
I had the opportunity to be at a range near Aynor SC a few months ago, and S&W was having a demo day there. I was not impressed by 30 super carry.....again just another sales thing to have people buy new shit.

RHT 3

Elite
I had the opportunity to be at a range near Aynor SC a few months ago, and S&W was having a demo day there. I was not impressed by 30 super carry.....again just another sales thing to have people buy new shit.
Its too close to a 9mm honestly. I mean, why not just carry the damn 9 if all you get from the 30 SC is two more rounds and a gun almost the same size anyway ?

You, or the perp, will be long dead before you go through all 12-15 rounds of 9mm that most carry these days.

Nayat

Elite
I've started the process of purchasing a multi-caliber suppressor, with the hopes my family would be more comfortable practicing for hunting and what not.

Does anyone want to talk me out of purchasing a .300 BLK upper, if not the whole AR?

Its too close to a 9mm honestly. I mean, why not just carry the damn 9 if all you get from the 30 SC is two more rounds and a gun almost the same size anyway ?

You, or the perp, will be long dead before you go through all 12-15 rounds of 9mm that most carry these days.
Well, 2 more rounds is attractive. As for me, the 9mm give the best balance of capacity, power, recoil, and ammo selection. There is a limit though to what make an "advantage"..........I will take the XD for example ( my favorite full size 9mm)............the 9 has a 16 rd mag capacity, the 40 has 12...........which is 25% increase in capacity........from 15 to 17 is only 11% roughly and less power. For me a full size pistol, the name of the game is balance, and for someone who has 9mm already, 30 super is not worth the change............5.7..........sure. Perhaps for someone who has no gun, why not.

Firearm tech has been at its real pinnacle since the 90s, and not real changes have been made nor really can be made with existing materials.

I've started the process of purchasing a multi-caliber suppressor, with the hopes my family would be more comfortable practicing for hunting and what not.

Does anyone want to talk me out of purchasing a .300 BLK upper, if not the whole AR?
I would advise that you keep your 300BL upper as it is optimized for suppression. I would not be interestedd in purchase though, thanks.

RHT 3

Elite

What do you have now and why do you need a 300 black ?

I'm slightly confused by your tactics.
I read your post like you had a 300BL and were looking to sell it. I was stating that in your case, if you are pursuing suppressed setup, 300BL was developed for suppression. It allows a heavy 30 cal bullet in an AR magazine, very accurate.

If this is incorrect, please straighten me
out

RHT 3

Elite
Well, 2 more rounds is attractive. As for me, the 9mm give the best balance of capacity, power, recoil, and ammo selection. There is a limit though to what make an "advantage"..........I will take the XD for example ( my favorite full size 9mm)............the 9 has a 16 rd mag capacity, the 40 has 12...........which is 25% increase in capacity........from 15 to 17 is only 11% roughly and less power. For me a full size pistol, the name of the game is balance, and for someone who has 9mm already, 30 super is not worth the change............5.7..........sure. Perhaps for someone who has no gun, why not.

Firearm tech has been at its real pinnacle since the 90s, and not real changes have been made nor really can be made with existing materials.
The 5.7 is picking up steam now that Ruger came out with a pistol and a carbine for it.

FN even updated their overpriced pistol. I guess S&W has one now as well.

I don't know if it will ever take off as the grips are kinda long and will be a hindrance to manlets and women.

But I like them. Maybe one day.

Nayat

Elite
I read your post like you had a 300BL and were looking to sell it. I was stating that in your case, if you are pursuing suppressed setup, 300BL was developed for suppression. It allows a heavy 30 cal bullet in an AR magazine, very accurate.

If this is incorrect, please straighten me
out
I am looking to purchase one since I'll have the suppressor in 7-9 months.

CurtOFD78

Elite

Just irritating.
My man, There are PLENTY of great options for CCW firearms that are not chambered in 9mm. Springfield makes a single stack 45 ACP pistol that is the exact same profile as the 9mm pistol of the same design. Heck, if you wear a baggy enough shirt, there are TONS of 40, 45ACP etc options for larger pistols. I sadly lost a bunch of Springfield pistols in a tragic boating accident in Lake Okeechobee a few years ago, but there are plenty of options out there. Go ‘Noles, F the gators and canes..

Pineapple

Legendary

Uhm, capacity?

And, the .380 and .380 magnum/9mm are cute, but when compared to a .45ACP? Wound channeling and Taylor Knock Out values explain why.

Uhm, capacity?

And, the .380 and .380 magnum/9mm are cute, but when compared to a .45ACP? Wound channeling and Taylor Knock Out values explain why.
Sure there are options out there........you are correct.......but you ever hung one of those on you hip? If you have, you will agree that they are very big and heavy.

Like I said, balance is most important to me.

For the standard person, those examples you brought are far too much gun to carry. Yes more powerful, but far less control and slower follow up shots.

10mm is promising, but the new M1152 9mm round is really close to 45 in terminal ballistics, with more penetration

Uhm, capacity?

Also for the same size and weight, you could have 4 more 9mm rounds.......which is good

RHT 3

Elite
My man, There are PLENTY of great options for CCW firearms that are not chambered in 9mm. Springfield makes a single stack 45 ACP pistol that is the exact same profile as the 9mm pistol of the same design. Heck, if you wear a baggy enough shirt, there are TONS of 40, 45ACP etc options for larger pistols. I sadly lost a bunch of Springfield pistols in a tragic boating accident in Lake Okeechobee a few years ago, but there are plenty of options out there. Go ‘Noles, F the gators and canes..
Yeah I know. I have a couple Ruger 45's . I don't like the grip on Springields. Never have. And I loathe a grip safety . Never been a .40 guy. I mean, if I'm gonna deal with that kick may as well go to 10mm or .45.

But the debut of a new .45 is few and far between. Or even a caliber thats worth a shit.

6mm ARC - money grab
30 Super carry- solution for a non existent problem.

I realize companies are trying to make money and don't begrudge them trying to do different shit. But I do think if they tried to improve existing calibers. they may have more success than they realize ( (besides 9mm...GD it lol).

At this point I'm about to try out some funky ass Key Tecs just for shits and giggles.

Pineapple

Legendary
Sure there are options out there........you are correct.......but you ever hung one of those on you hip? If you have, you will agree that they are very big and heavy.

Like I said, balance is most important to me.

For the standard person, those examples you brought are far too much gun to carry. Yes more powerful, but far less control and slower follow up shots.

10mm is promising, but the new M1152 9mm round is really close to 45 in terminal ballistics, with more penetration
^^^^no. It can’t be. Max expansion is 2 x .355 = .7

.45 x 2 = .90 - much heavier bullet 230 grain vs 147grains. Over penetration results in loss of kinetic energy.

1674001724124.jpeg

Pineapple

Legendary
Yeah I know. I have a couple Ruger 45's . I don't like the grip on Springields. Never have. And I loathe a grip safety . Never been a .40 guy. I mean, if I'm gonna deal with that kick may as well go to 10mm or .45.

But the debut of a new .45 is few and far between. Or even a caliber thats worth a shit.

6mm ARC - money grab

I realize companies are trying to make money and don't begrudge them trying to do different shit. But I do think if they tried to improve existing calibers. they may have more success than they realize ( (besides 9mm...GD it lol).

At this point I'm about to try out some funky ass Key Tecs just for shits and giggles.
I like the arc. I’m left handed so in an AR15 package I dig it. 110 grain bullets with a 1 in 7 twist. Pretty sweet.

To your point there are other options.

^^^^no. It can’t be. Max expansion is 2 x .355 = .7

.45 x 2 = .90 - much heavier bullet 230 grain vs 147grains. Over penetration results in loss of kinetic energy.

View attachment 162687

M1152 is 115grn, and likely not on that list. Basically a flat FMJ +p+.........it is a bad boy and accurate out to 200m (with carbine) I have made 100% hits on a 12 inch target at 200 with it.

Velocity: 1320 (fps)

Energy: 445 (ft/lbs)

typical 9mm is in the 350-390 ftlbs realm
The typical . 45 ACP load is a 230-grain bullet fired at 830 fps for about 355 foot-pounds of muzzle energy.

Look up the m1152, it is the new 9mm for the military, it is a game changer

Agreed,

look up the M1152 9mm, many do not know about it, but it is 9mm on steroids, the new 9mm for our military.

The latest real advancement is with the ammo, and hybrid cases. The military is adopting a high pressure round that is brass bodied, and stainless rimmed to hold up to the 90000 psi. Guns really cant change much, but the ammo can.

Pineapple

Legendary
M1152 is 115grn, and likely not on that list. Basically a flat FMJ +p+.........it is a bad boy and accurate out to 200m (with carbine) I have made 100% hits on a 12 inch target at 200 with it.

Velocity: 1320 (fps)

Energy: 445 (ft/lbs)

typical 9mm is in the 350-390 ftlbs realm
The typical . 45 ACP load is a 230-grain bullet fired at 830 fps for about 355 foot-pounds of muzzle energy.

Look up the m1152, it is the new 9mm for the military, it is a game changer
Muzzle energy - ME is a terrible way to determine lethality of a round. Why I put the TKO Chart.

Example -

22-250 has more speed and energy.

Which round do you want if a grizzly is coming at you?

Top Bottom