Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gasoline/diesel prices and supply....fill em up

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
This economy is going to come roaring back.....
Joe "Jimmy Carter" Biden is cooked if inflation keeps ripping higher. Pubs need to be hammering the Dems everyday on prices surging higher. Fuel prices going higher will touch every part of the economy....

E1BH92vXIAAkNWn

noelnole

Elite
Founder
I look forward to getting another diesel truck. People see the higher price sometimes but don't understand the gas mileage differences, the difference in longevity of the engines, and if you drive a lot you'll actually come out way ahead with a diesel cost wise.

Plus its clean regardless of what the idiots say.

what is the difference, i always wondered about this

your paying more for the diesel but it has better gas mileage and its easier on the engine?

RHT 3

Elite
what is the difference, i always wondered about this

your paying more for the diesel but it has better gas mileage and its easier on the engine?

Basically yes. If you drive a lot, which I used to, I could break even cost wise for fuel even though diesel was 30c more a gallon because of the mileage improvement.

The way diesels are made makes them damn near invincible( except for Ford diesels lol).

Plus during any shortages for hurricanes or whatever there is always diesel when gas has run out.

I'm gonna head to auto trader right now. Thanks for reminding me.

racernhra

Elite
Founder
So I attended my nieces 18th birthday party. She was given a card, which my other niece (indoctrinated lib by her mother who is my sister in law) read allowed about certain facts when she was born 18 years ago.

Lib niece: “omg gas prices were only $1.79 per gallon! I wish they were that low now!!!”

Me: “Seriously? They were just a few months ago. I wonder what happened?”

lib niece: “NO NOPE NOPE NO WAY UH UHH NOPE WE ARENT GOING THERE TEE HEE HEE”

Sister in law: “Well no it’s because people aren’t locked down and they’re driving more that’s why prices are high.”

😳

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
Just got a memo from management this morning to avoid travel if possible.

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
I worked for a jobber in high school.

They took oil from the distribution points to stations.

That is what you are talking about right?
To be honest, I am a little ignorant to the full scope of the jobber's role. I know he helped convert stations to Marathon brand and I assume he worked on distribution to said stations. @Nape may be more well versed in the actual job.

Nape

Elite
Founder
For those with newer vehicles find a station with E85. You car will thank you and it will run a lot better. I run E50 in both my cars and the performance is much better than when on premium.

Nape

Elite
Founder
To be honest, I am a little ignorant to the full scope of the jobber's role. I know he helped convert stations to Marathon brand and I assume he worked on distribution to said stations. @Nape may be more well versed in the actual job.
There are two types of jobbers....branded and unbranded. A branded jobber, like Parent Petroleum here in Chicagoland, supplies branded fuel such as BP or Shell to those branded stations. I am an unbranded jobber. I sell to unbranded sites even though my two main supply points are Exxon and BP.

A branded jobber typically not only deals with fuel but also brand image....forecourt and backcourt displays, street signs, canopy signs/lighting. We don’t worry about that shit. I just try to sell as cheaply as I can to my customers to make them more competitive on the street.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
There are two types of jobbers....branded and unbranded. A branded jobber, like Parent Petroleum here in Chicagoland, supplies branded fuel such as BP or Shell to those branded stations. I am an unbranded jobber. I sell to unbranded sites even though my two main supply points are Exxon and BP.

A branded jobber typically not only deals with fuel but also brand image....forecourt and backcourt displays, street signs, canopy signs/lighting. We don’t worry about that shit. I just try to sell as cheaply as I can to my customers to make them more competitive on the street.
@Nape can you comment on the east coast hack and gas supply problems right now? How long until it gets straightened out?

Nape

Elite
Founder
@Nape can you comment on the east coast hack and gas supply problems right now? How long until it gets straightened out?
It sounds like it could go on for a while. The NE should be Ok as it gets refined product tankers from EU and W Africa. The southeast could be fucked as they get the vast majority of their supply on the Colonial.

I’ve been talking with my trader pals and one told me of a large vessel that was headed to NYH from West Africa. The trader now has the cargo parked east of the Bahama’s, waiting for prices to skyrocket before heading on to the Harbor.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
It sounds like it could go on for a while. The NE should be Ok as it gets refined product tankers from EU and W Africa. The southeast could be fucked as they get the vast majority of their supply on the Colonial.

I’ve been talking with my trader pals and one told me of a large vessel that was headed to NYH from West Africa. The trader now has the cargo parked east of the Bahama’s, waiting for prices to skyrocket before heading on to the Harbor.
How long is a while?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
2.80 here today at the Sunoco on Brown St. (You know the gas station, that's why I was specific)

I got gas in KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, SC, and OH in the last 4 days. My guesstimate average price was 2.60 until today. .20 jump since last night in Cincy.
No need to panic in the south. It's the northeast that's going to take the biggest hit. but one thing is for sure, everyday they are down they loose millions. They'll pay quietly and ramp back up by Friday so says the smart money. Lesson learned I hope.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
No need to panic in the south. It's the northeast that's going to take the biggest hit. but one thing is for sure, everyday they are down they loose millions. They'll pay quietly and ramp back up by Friday so says the smart money. Lesson learned I hope.
3.19 (regular) in West Chester, Oh Saturday.

Nape

Elite
Founder
To those in the know ITT... Does this specific supply issue run the risk of spreading to other regions in the country? I don't know how much supply can be redirected regionally to address shortages and if that could cause disruptions elsewhere.
It depends. Big cities have RFG restrictions, meaning their sub octane feedstock is RBOB. Smaller cities and towns use CBOB as the sub octane feedstock. There is plenty of both in Chicagoland so theoretically it could be moved to the EC and SE but it would be expensive to get it to, say, Atlanta and Charleston.

Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte and Greensboro could possibly be supplied by the Plantation pipeline but its much smaller than Colonial and is already allocated, meaning there is no additional room to ship supplemental gallons.

Another issue is you don’t want to have a ripple effect across the fuel supply chain. Most refineries are running at a decent clip and they keep terminals wet. When you start unbalancing that supply chain you cause collateral damage outside of the affected area.

Last edited:

Nape

Elite
Founder
The NE gets most of its fuel from local refineries and via cargoes from Europe (Rotterdam). They will be fine. The SE doesn’t have that supply or infrastructure to move ocean going cargoes inland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom