Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gasoline/diesel prices and supply....fill em up

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
If the stations are part of a larger supply agreement then yes. The main choke point is Atlanta up to Greensboro and into VA. Any area in that corridor is going to have issues the longer this goes.

A lot also depends on if the retail operation has its own terminal space. I know that Kroger has no storage at any terminal. They buy FOB the rack, meaning their carrier picks it up at the rack from their supplier and doesn’t own storage or a position in the terminal. I believe QT is the same way but I’m not certain.
I am going to E&E (escape and evade) my way through rural AL and take my chances with less population and higher prices.

Nape

Elite
Founder
I am going to E&E (escape and evade) my way through rural AL and take my chances with less population and higher prices.
Bama is in a little better position as supply can be trucked up from the Gulf and they don’t have a population center as large as Atlanta that is a hungry beast for bbls.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Bama is in a little better position as supply can be trucked up from the Gulf and they don’t have a population center as large as Atlanta that is a hungry beast for bbls.
Plan to fill up in Bama, Up and back then Bama again.

Anyone else getting that Road Warrior vibe?

Nape

Elite
Founder
So it’s been a crazy morning. RBOB futs have finally caught a bid, mirroring trading in GC, pipeline, and ATL swaps.

Atlanta is quickly turning into a real bad deal. I’m hearing upwards of 60% of the stations there are out of fuel. It’s getting worse in SC, NC, and VA. There are terminal gallons but the driver shortage is really causing the problem. Of course, the longer this goes the more those terminal stocks are drawn down.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Nape

Elite
Founder
I just got off the phone with a trusted pal. He’s as in touch with the pipeline as anyone I know. He’s starting to be more than concerned. His issue is there is zero information coming from Colonial or the government.

HunterPKP

Poster
Founder
Going to Huntsville this weekend. N. Alabama bros, how's the gas situation up there? I'm hearing rural is ok so maybe I'll not have a problem getting gas in Scottsboro or similar areas?

Good thing my SUV has a 600 mile range. Thank god for buying diesel last year.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I use a large local carrier here in Chicagoland to haul all of my fuel. Pre WuFlu they ran 47 trucks and were always jacked up with volume. During the lockdown they were running maybe 15 trucks. They lost a lot of drivers and they simply haven’t come back. Now that traffic is getting somewhat normal and demand is robust they simply don’t have the manpower to run those 47 trucks. Their issue isn’t pay. Their drivers make good money. The issue is the length of time it takes to get someone certified to haul fuel.
We are short 100,000 drivers nationally. Yang is an asshole that pretended to know more than he did. He hit on some entrepreneur stuff to make his money but he wasn't balls deep in the running of those businesses. He might know more about business than my 5yo nephew... maybe.

Nape

Elite
Founder
We are short 100,000 drivers nationally. Yang is an asshole that pretended to know more than he did. He hit on some entrepreneur stuff to make his money but he wasn't balls deep in the running of those businesses. He might know more about business than my 5yo nephew... maybe.
And isn’t ButtChug from Sourh Bend the Transportation secretary? If so I’ll sleep well tonight knowing he’s all over it.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Terrorists love Bitcoin

iu

Latest posts

Top Bottom