Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Yep, back to the lowcountry. Got my brothers Folly Beach house to myself while I visit and keep the old man company. SKOL!
forrest-gump-tom-hanks.gif

ttyh

Legendary
Founder

Cowboy1stn10

Elite
So this TikTok thing. I don’t get it. Our government bends the knee to China on everything. Why are we playing tough guy on this? For optics just to be able to point to something we are going after? Trump said tik tok was bad. Why then is the Biden admin agreeing? Something is off there. I know my boy Hawley is hawkish on it, but something doesn’t smell right.

Trump Admin: Knows its a Chinese spy/info access tool.

Biden Admin: Same as above but knows that they won't get paid for info or access that China can get for free through the app.

sanfordipa

Elite
Founder

Not trying to be a fun sponge but I think people are getting worked up over this for no reason. The judge this is going back to put the bs laches argument on the signature verification claim to prevent that from being heard in court in Lake’s initial case. Are we now supposed to believe that he’s all the sudden going to give Lake any remedy here? They’ll either find a way to dismiss or give her a random sample of ballots (100) that won’t be enough to prove widespread fraud. I’ll happily eat crow, but in two months this will be a nothing burger and she’ll be announced as Trump’s running mate for 2024.

orng_blud

Legendary
Founder

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
Fed Meeting

Yesterday, the Fed hiked the Fed Funds Rate by 25bp, as expected by the markets. In their statement they said:

-Job gains have picked up, unemployment remains low Because you pay peeps not to work

-Inflation remains elevated True

-Banking system is sound and resilient LOL

-Recent developments will result in tighter credit conditions and weigh on economic activity, hiring, and inflation See above if banks were sound and resilient would not be happening

-The Committee anticipates that some additional policy firming may be appropriate Pick your poison inflation or deflation

-Will continue QT Even though they injected $300 Billion last week and are looking at back-stopping $2 Trillion More?

Projections were largely a nonevent as they did not change much for the end of 2023:

-GDP 0.4% from 0.5%

-UR 4.5% from 4.6%

-Core PCE 3.6% from 3.5%

-FFR 5.1% unchanged

-No cuts in 2023

Press conference:

-Goods inflation has been coming down for 6 months

-Housing services is a matter of time passing (44% of core PCE)

-Non housing services sector still have not seen progress (56% of index)

-SVB management failed badly, did not hedge risk But everyone that wanted to could dress like a girl and stick a dildo up there ass in the bank lobby - lot of minorities with ZERO banking/finance got paid big bucks to suck each other off & BLM got paid.

-See likelihood of credit tightening, which is why they had less stiff statement

Powell made several mistakes during his press conference – He said that shelter made up 44% of Core PCE, which it doesn’t. It makes up roughly half that, but does make up 43.2% of Core CPI. He also said that services minus shelter makes up the remaining 56%, which is also untrue. It’s a bit scary that the Fed chair has such a bad handle on the reports he is following to dictate monetary policy.

He is also wrong that inflation has not been coming down
– We have seen substantial progress. It is nice to see he finally agrees with us about shelter just being a matter of time before it cools in the reports, but he seems so concerned with services ex shelter. So, what is still rising in that category? Airline fares, pet services, cable and live streaming, and motor vehicle insurance, maintenance, and repairs. So Powell wants to kill the economy and jobs over inflation being persistent in these areas.

Our country is run by a set of complete DUMB-ASSES

Carry On!

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
The avian flu will kill a ton of people when it’s released over here. All the people who didn’t take Covid seriously(for good reason) will make a deadly mistake if they do it with the next virus released. It will kill both those with weakened immune system from the Jabs and those who refuse to listen to the “experts” because of this last sham
I'll still refuse to listen to the experts. If that kills me, so be it. Rather take my chances ignoring the powers that be.

Top Bottom