Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
318099839_10230851764504498_5842530337575662806_n.jpg

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

I think I've posted this before, not sure. We used to have a missionary at our church periodically, nicest man you'd ever meet. His ministry was flying his small plane into extremely remote places in Mexico and bringing medical supplies and food, while sharing the gospel with them. On one such incursion, he was getting ready to take off from an airport, when he noticed a large group of men standing apart, he thought he'd take the opportunity to talk to them. The young man who was helping him noticed where he was headed and begged him to come back. He said he walked up to the men, gave them each a gospel tract, and told them Jesus loved them. When he left them and went back to his aid, he said he was white as a sheet. The young man said something like, "I can't believe they let you walk away. That was Chapo Guzman."

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
I think I've posted this before, not sure. We used to have a missionary at our church periodically, nicest man you'd ever meet. His ministry was flying his small plane into extremely remote places in Mexico and bringing medical supplies and food, while sharing the gospel with them. On one such incursion, he was getting ready to take off from an airport, when he noticed a large group of men standing apart, he thought he'd take the opportunity to talk to them. The young man who was helping him noticed where he was headed and begged him to come back. He said he walked up to the men, gave them each a gospel tract, and told them Jesus loved them. When he left them and went back to his aid, he said he was white as a sheet. The young man said something like, "I can't believe they let you walk away. That was Chapo Guzman."
Let me guess.. his ministry did really well after this return flight that had “empty cargo space” after delivering the Bible’s and medical supplies and then meeting a drug lord?
:). Good story though.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Let me guess.. his ministry did really well after this return flight that had “empty cargo space” after delivering the Bible’s and medical supplies and then meeting a drug lord?
:). Good story though.

I believe his ministry did very well until he got to old to fly. My pastor went with him a few times, and said that we wouldn't believe the places he would land his plane. Little dirt roads in mountain passes and such, visiting villages that didn't even have electricity, much less an airport.

Latest posts

Top Bottom