Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Thread bump thread

This one for @TopHook not being able to do 4th grade math because he’s fucking retarded and then doubling down and calling another poster a retard, after they actually solved the problem correctly, because he still couldn’t figure it out even after having it explained to him.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

The one thing that pissed me off in this thread was people weren't understanding isostatic rebound or inflation. The miles of ice on the northern hemisphere was pushing down on the land with enough force to cause other areas to bulge up. It's like 3YLM laying on his waterbed. The area he lays on depresses and the other areas rise up. This is a scientific known and not a crackpot theory. I feel like people were thinking I was talking about sea rise and fall but wasn't.

Post-glacial rebound (also called isostatic rebound or crustal rebound) is the rise of land masses after the removal of the huge weight of ice sheets during the last glacial period, which had caused isostatic depression. Post-glacial rebound and isostatic depression are phases of glacial isostasy (glacial isostatic adjustment, glacioisostasy), the deformation of the Earth's crust in response to changes in ice mass distribution.[1] The direct raising effects of post-glacial rebound are readily apparent in parts of Northern Eurasia, Northern America, Patagonia, and Antarctica. However, through the processes of ocean siphoning and continental levering, the effects of post-glacial rebound on sea level are felt globally far from the locations of current and former ice sheets.[2]

Latest posts

Top Bottom