Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Stonks/Options/Investing - come build your tfsf yolo stock portfolio

Master Threads

irishaaron

Poster
I’m just as sick as most of you are about the election and inauguration. Instead of pissing and moaning about it let’s come together and share ideas about what investments to make considering this new administration.

Clean energy, oil etfs, genomics seem to make sense. I don’t want this to turn into a penny stock thread but don’t want to rule out any either.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
My best stock pick is ADPT. Its a biotech that focuses on the immune system. I can go into a detailed analysis a little later on why i think its a great buy. Will be a little later today. Count me in for the investing thread

I've allocated around 40% of my total portfolio into energy/mining stocks. Breakdown as follows:

1. Uranium : 45%

2. Oil: 30%

3. Lithium/Graphite: 7.5%

4. Gold: 17%

I see a long term play with uranium considering nuclear energy is the only currently scalable alternative energy source from oil. The Chi-coms are building new plants and are going to put a strain on the spot pricing market for uranium. Also, if the Russians stop subsidizing their mines the price should rise from around $30 per pound to $60 per pound. 3 year investment pan here.

With Biden's fracking ban on federal lands we should see traditional players in the O&G world making more money.

Overall, I think every investor should be looking to the next four years and considering where they can invest to make the most money.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've allocated around 40% of my total portfolio into energy/mining stocks. Breakdown as follows:

I see a long term play with uranium considering nuclear energy is the only currently scalable alternative energy source from oil. The Chi-coms are building new plants and are going to put a strain on the spot pricing market for uranium. Also, if the Russians stop subsidizing their mines the price should rise from around $30 per pound to $60 per pound. 3 year investment pan here.

With Biden's fracking ban on federal lands we should see traditional players in the O&G world making more money.

Overall, I think every investor should be looking to the next four years and considering where they can invest to make the most money.
I own a few gold miners in my Roth. AGI, EGO and HL. Basically an inflation hedge

irishaaron

Poster

Big fan of uranium. I also like the rare earth companies too.

Drrock

Poster
Founder
Short term trade potential is $GHIV It's a spac that has merger vote on the 20th of January and it appears the company they are merging with will be releasing earnings the week before the merger. You would think earnings are going to be good or they wouldn't release before the merger. It's a mortgage company. Plan is to be out on the run up to the merger. Currently trading below 13 with only a risk of 10 dollars a share like all spac's.
How did this turn out?

Do your own research, but in a nutshell look to

Also:
Uranium demand from utilities is price inelastic
We should see a loss of uranium production due to the shut down of Ukrainian mines, the Ranger mine, Cominak, and Cigar lake.
Further slow down in production due to Covid in Kazakhstan & US.
Chinese utilities started the renewal of long term uranium supply signed in '2006-2009' by buying mines.

Also I think Biden's clean energy push will force the US the build new nuclear facilities for power. We simply don't have the production capacity or resources to scale up wind and solar in the next four-eight years.

Overall it appears there will be a shortage sometime late this year. If, and its a big if, the Russians stop subsidizing their producers, the spot market price could get to equilibrium of about 60 dollars per pound, and possibly higher.

This is, as a result, a very long-term play with a high risk.

But I'm an idiot, ask anyone.

Also, have you ever been to Coastal Siberia?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Also:
We should see a loss of uranium production due to the shut down of Ukrainian mines, the Ranger mine, Cominak, and Cigar lake.
Chinese utilities started the renewal of long term uranium supply signed in '2006-2009' by buying mines.

Also I think Biden's clean energy push will force the US the build new nuclear facilities for power. We simply don't have the production capacity or resources to scale up wind and solar in the next four-eight years.

Overall it appears there will be a shortage sometime late this year. If, and its a big if, the Russians stop subsidizing their producers, the spot market price could get to equilibrium of about 60 dollars per pound, and possibly higher.

Thanks for the info.

Also, I merged the investing threads

WeycoDawg

King of the SEC
Founder
Made a killing on UAVS but had to sell today and take profits. Just couldn’t make sense of it’s sharp gain based on its revenues. Now looking for other opportunities, anyone own WTRH? Thinking of jumping in.

BoiseGator

Poster
Founder
I purchased a lot of real estate the past 6 years. This past year I have sold it all and I have zero debt and a nice chunk of cash that I am undecided on that was left over after being debt free. I’m temporarily retiring in April and will just play golf and feel out other opportunities for a few years. More than likely consulting around how to take new ideas and products to market
I honestly will just keep that chunk safe in low, low, low risk funds or money market. I’m a play it safe kind of guy.

Almost all of my retirement investing is focused in the Russel 2000, Small and Mid size company funds and Walmart. After meeting with my investment manager it’s going to stay there for a few more years.

I have a TDAmeritrade account that I use for fun on gold mining stocks and high risk stocks. I actually always do pretty well here.

I’m almost certain the housing market will implode in 4-5 years so I’ll be buying single family houses when that happens. I’ll rent them and sit on them for 7-10 years and cash in once again.

Lastly I convinced my wife to sell our house and downsize to a nice custom built home around 2500 soft in an up and coming area. This should render another 500-700k to use for future house purchases.

Well, now I will digress I’ve said to much. 🤙🏻

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder

Also:

Probably thinking emotionally, but do you really think the libs will let Biden increase nuclear power? I like where you are going on the uranium, but I am stuck on that one statement.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I am 100% in Vanguard no load funds. I am following Warren Buffets advice. Is there a problem with my stategery?

Probably thinking emotionally, but do you really think the libs will let Biden increase nuclear power? I like where you are going on the uranium, but I am stuck on that one statement.

According to what I've posted, you could take that factor out, and the spot market will still have substantial upward pressure in the coming two-three years.

I agree that there will be resistance to increasing nuclear production/power in the US. As a result, I've focused the majority of my investment on uranium producers and exploration companies who already have active mines/permitted projects that can be scaled up as a result. Only about 15% overall in speculative/exploration uranium companies that do not currently have permitted projects. So you could take an extremely conservative approach and only do existing mines, or even go further with existing mines that have long term supply contracts. But I think that would be missing the bull swing that hopefully comes during the next year to two years.

Predicting commodities prices is a fools errand. This is more a prediction for a sector overall in the coming years as I think current levels are artificially low compared to coming demand globally. Should the US move into more nuclear power, then wonderful and that would be great for this investment. If not, I still think there is sufficient upward pressure to drive a bull market.

Again, I'm an idiot. Ask anyone. And I'm not giving advice, just telling you what I'm doing. But this is my hedge into commodities for the next 3-4 years that's not gold or silver. I think the risk is about 20% overall as the sector has been flat for a long time and even after Fukashima (sp?) happened the overall sector corrected to about that level.

NopeDawg

Elite
Founder
Didn't see any thread on stonks.

Anyone get in on the GME gravy train? Anyone getting in on AMC tomorrow or got in today? I got in afterhours for 10k shares. Hoping for a big short squeeze tomorrow.

Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_1.26.32_PM.jpg

jmeininger

Poster
I made a very nice chunk on OZSC yesterday. Over 30k on just that one alone. Never have had that happen before.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Yes. Feels like the young crowd is giving a big fuck you to the traditional hedge funds. Its kind of funny
The legality of this seems to be in such a grey area. As someone who works for a Broker / Dealer I would never be able to talk to anyone about trades I do in the product i trade (different than my own personal money). However, I heard this reddit board has been given the go ahead by a lawyer on the basis of free speech. Interesting to say the least.

Top Bottom