Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Stonks/Options/Investing - come build your tfsf yolo stock portfolio

Master Threads

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Volatility is prob going to be off the charts the next few months as the magnitude of the russia/ukraine situation unfolds

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Markets down, metals and oil up

Does it hold?

Good question.

We seem to be through a lot of the panic from the open overnight. Spuz were down 120 at one point on the low i think. We are now down about 60 points.

In the vix, we have call sellers in the overnight session for decent size. I would not expect to see this if there was real panic. I can tell by the prices that are trading, and how much option prices have moved, that the panic is not there right now. I wouldn't be suprised if the market is higher at the end of the day.

From a broad perspective, I dont think the Ukraine / Russia war will have much economic impact on the United Sates. If it becomes nuclear or a more broad WW3 then i reserve the right to change my mind. So, I am a buyer here. Just buying SPY when the market slams down with the intention of holding for a long time.

1646050393909.png

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I've got one friend buying ruble, but know other reason than he has a gut feeling

Hi risk / hi reward.

IF Putin takes an offramp or can claim a small moral victory then maybe the ruble recovers. Probably not a horrible bet, but not one that I want to make. I don't want to support the rooskies in any way.

I got emails from my firm this morning that disallowed trading in any russian names. This wasn't coming from the firm it was coming from regulators. They are serious about it. Some positions in Russian products were getting marked at $0.00 meaning total loss. Not sure what is going to come of it, not my area of expertise.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Hi risk / hi reward.

IF Putin takes an offramp or can claim a small moral victory then maybe the ruble recovers. Probably not a horrible bet, but not one that I want to make. I don't want to support the rooskies in any way.

I got emails from my firm this morning that disallowed trading in any russian names. This wasn't coming from the firm it was coming from regulators. They are serious about it. Some positions in Russian products were getting marked at $0.00 meaning total loss. Not sure what is going to come of it, not my area of expertise.
Wow total loss in that area could be brutal for some people

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Market up 2% today on the news that Jerome Powell supports only a .25 point hike at the Fed meeting later this month. It was originally anticipated to be a .50 point hike.

Market trading almost 4400 now after bottoming out at ~4150 or so a couple days after the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

1646245194638.png

1646245170573.png

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’ve been holding XOM and EOG that I bought during peak covid (basically the two top tier energy stonks). I had the intention of holding forever because of the yield compared to price I paid. But at what point to I consider selling? Or just keep holding?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I’ve been holding XOM and EOG that I bought during peak covid (basically the two top tier energy stonks). I had the intention of holding forever because of the yield compared to price I paid. But at what point to I consider selling? Or just keep holdi
How about "re-balancing" i.e. selling a portion of your holdings. Maybe sell 25% of your total oil holdings?

Think about all the people that held onto their meme stocks .... they are down 30-40% now if not more .... if only they had sold when it was en vogue.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I’ve been holding XOM and EOG that I bought during peak covid (basically the two top tier energy stonks). I had the intention of holding forever because of the yield compared to price I paid. But at what point to I consider selling? Or just keep holding?
Eye think it wood be pretty foolish two sell this early.

What else are yes going two put capitol on that’s Moore appealing than oil currently (besides a stripper’s phat ass)?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
How about "re-balancing" i.e. selling a portion of your holdings. Maybe sell 25% of your total oil holdings?

Think about all the people that held onto their meme stocks .... they are down 30-40% now if not more .... if only they had sold when it was en vogue.
There is still a very strange GME following out there that think it’s going to go through the roof again

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
There is still a very strange GME following out there that think it’s going to go through the roof again

Its interesting how GME has been able to hang on. Prior to the meme revolution GME was thought to be a $25 stock by wall street. When the stock price exploded they took advantage and issued $550mm in secondary shares. So they have some money to invest and by all measures the management in GME is getting good grades from wallstreet. So maybe there is some hope there it will be interesting to watch.

The chairman of GME revealed that he had a long position in BBBY Bed Bath and Beyond a couple days ago and the stock got a nice pop (before being punished by the war sell off). So money is following the GME guy wherever he goes.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Energy is absolutely nuts right now. How high does oil go?

Meh .... we could fix this problem if we want to by just changing policy. Its an artificial supply cap.

Once the democrats find out that high gas prices poll about as well as masks and vaccine mandates the price of oil will come back into line. Luckily mid-terms are only a few months away so they will have to change course quicker than they did with corona.

Last edited:

America 1st

Founder
Meh .... we could fix this problem if we want to by just changing policy. Its an artificial supply cap.

Once the democrats find out that high gas prices poll about as well as masks and vaccine mandates the price of oil will come back into line. Luckily mid-terms are only a few months away so they will have to change course quicker than they did with corona.
Supply is going two dampen over the next decade. Big oil has finally figured out there is know reason two spend on exploration and drive down there own profits.

These stocks will cum down, especially when Trump gets re-elected, butt the era of nearly endless exploration and tapping is over.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Just made my first "big" move in a couple years. This is all in my Roth IRA as reference. I bought Exxon and EOG 2 years ago. I'm up 250% on XOM and 300% on EOG. Sold half my shares of each and moved it all into VGT (Nasdaq). We shall see how it plays out

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Just made my first "big" move in a couple years. This is all in my Roth IRA as reference. I bought Exxon and EOG 2 years ago. I'm up 250% on XOM and 300% on EOG. Sold half my shares of each and moved it all into VGT (Nasdaq). We shall see how it plays out

Nice trade!

Oil trading about $106 a barrel

1646935596285.png

Nasdaq trading 13,450

1646935654327.png

America 1st

Founder
Nice trade!

Oil trading about $106 a barrel

View attachment 84774

Nasdaq trading 13,450

View attachment 84775
oil down 10.1%

View attachment 85870

Nasdaq down 2.6%

View attachment 85871

Nice Trade @Croot_Overlord . You have saved yourself 7.5% of your money by doing that trade.
Knot taking a dig at OverLord because he is definitely smarter than eye butt just two play devil’s advocate:

That calculus assumes oils doesn’t go back up. If Venezuela, Iran, & Saudi Arabia decide two give Puddin the finger (SA is his best bet four a win and there knot even taking his calls) then oil could be me over 130$ a barrel four months (even years).

That’s not even taking inn two account that the broader market Will likely bee inn correction territory four the rest of the year after they start the taper and could even end up inn a recession four years if they increase the rates significantly enough two stymie the broader inflation (under the 2% benchmark).

The broader market will know doubt be up from what he bought those at bye the end of the decade (let alone the thyme Overlord hits retirement age) butt he could have just left 10s of thousands of dollars on the table inn the long run (especially if dividends are factored).

It Will take until around 2032 two really no butt it’s fun to speculate 🧐

America 1st

Founder
If eye were a betting man eye wood take oil @ over 120$ bye April and over 130$ bye July 4

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Knot taking a dig at OverLord because he is definitely smarter than eye butt just two play devil’s advocate:

That calculus assumes oils doesn’t go back up. If Venezuela, Iran, & Saudi Arabia decide two give Puddin the finger (SA is his best bet four a win and there knot even taking his calls) then oil could be me over 130$ a barrel four months (even years).

That’s not even taking inn two account that the broader market Will likely bee inn correction territory four the rest of the year after they start the taper and could even end up inn a recession four years if they increase the rates significantly enough two stymie the broader inflation (under the 2% benchmark).

The broader market will know doubt be up from what he bought those at bye the end of the decade (let alone the thyme Overlord hits retirement age) butt he could have just left 10s of thousands of dollars on the table inn the long run (especially if dividends are factored).

It Will take until around 2032 two really no butt it’s fun to speculate 🧐
I'm still holding plenty of energy shares. In the very short term though I'm up 11% in the Nasdaq and my XOM is flat

America 1st

Founder
I'm still holding plenty of energy shares. In the very short term though I'm up 11% in the Nasdaq and my XOM is flat
Nice.

I’m planning on getting Moore energy when Trump cums back inn butt until then that shit is just two steep four me. Eye think people are drastically misreading the clean energy movement’s capacity over our life thymes.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Nice.

I’m planning on getting Moore energy when Trump cums back inn butt until then that shit is just two steep four me. Eye think people are drastically misreading the clean energy movement’s capacity over our life thymes.
I'm with you on energy.

I have always wanted an opening to get into the Nasdaq and I felt like this was the time. Broad market tech. Technology and technology growth is not going away. Nasdaq will shuffle in and out companies as necessary so I don't have to think about it. If technology stops growing then the entire system we have collapses on itself.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Don't have a lot of ideas right now.

Still watching Twtr. Musk tweeted something about "tender" making me think he may make a tendered offer to twtr shareholders. Not sure how I want to play it though.
Still seems like a very strange time in the market. My feel is that now is the time to be accumulating as much US broad market as possible.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Stonks getting hit today after Jerome Powell states that a .50 point rate increase is on the table at the next meeting. SnP 500 was up about 50 points and reversed course to go down 70 points. Not sure where we go from here but interest rates seem to be in the drivers seat from the market

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Fed minutes come out here in about 15 minutes. SnP sitting at 3951, up about 10 bucks on the day.

Im getting the feeling that we will rally once the information is released. We will see in about 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom