Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder

Almost every single one of these were justified shootings. Several of them even say that the perp was shot as he was trying to shoot police or at least trying to point a gun at the police. I have no idea what some people think police are supposed to do. Allow themselves to get shot?

There were a couple that were questionable or unlawful shootings, but this list is otherwise a joke.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Cap Police fighting very hard to suppress video from numerous angles.. that contradict the narrative. I can assure you they have footage of an ant crawling on the floor.. tech is way ahead of what public has.
They have probably been threatened with their jobs if they release any of it. The same as they likely were threatened with their jobs on 1/6 had they tried to stop the Antifa's and BLM's.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Yet miracles still occur, visions are also seen and witnessed. There are most certainly false prophets but God does talk to all of us or to atleast those with ears to listen. Maybe some more than others? Not sure myself and can see validity in question every so called prophet. Just not sure why they all have to be from the devil. Interesting discussion. SKOL!
Miracles and visions still occur. That doesn't mean they are new revelation. That is the key. If those visions re-affirm the text of scripture, it's most likely to be Holy Spirit inspired.

Most Muslims see a vision as part of their conversion to Christianity.

It's it's new revelation, we need to pause and discern, as it is most likely not Holy Spirit inspired.
Miracles still occur and perhaps visions are seen. But God has already spoken to mankind. Scripture is closed. If someone claims they're a "prophet" with a word for the world or the church today, mark them as phony. Like the legions of "prophets" who pronounced that God had assured them of a Trump victory. God speaks to our hearts individually, but he no longer speaks to the world or his church through prophets.

Some claim to be prophets, my suggestion to them is prove it. No one ever has. A prophet was proven in biblical times with specific short-term prophecies before they were to be believed. Today's "prophets" have either been exposed as liars and phonies, or make such vague proclamations they make Nostradamus sound reasonable. God is not ambiguous.

Much like some claim to be healers. Again, prove it healers. God can heal anyone, but there are none with the gift the apostles had. When someone goes to Memphis and cleans out St. Jude's of children suffering with cancer, then we'll know the gift of healing has not ceased. Until then, it's just frauds, wanting to elevate themselves above the rest of us.
healing is a bit more nuanced. That gift exists, almost exclusivity in conversions of Hindu Background Beliebers (HBB)

I personally know of a person given this gifting. Shocked then heck out of him the first time he prayed for healing in the name of Jesus and a person was literally brought back to life. The entire village came to faith via that event.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
I don't believe in new revelation. After all, if we have the revelation of God, which we do, why would we need more? I do believe that the Holy Spirit moves in people to REINFORCE the revelation God has already provided, but not to reveal new revelation that is absent from the scriptures.

We don't have Prophets for new revelation just like we don't have Apostles. Other roles continued, but those two had a definitive end according to scripture. Luke 16:16 is the foundation for this truth.

“The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it.

Clement is adding "new" revelation and I think that leads to a more likelihood of demonic possession than anything else.

A couple thoughts - I certainly agree that the canon of Scripture is closed. However, I don't think the intent of Luke 16:16 is to state that prophecy is concluded. Paul wrote prophecy in his epistles. An example of that would be in his letters to the Thessalonians, where he prophesies the coming of the Man of Sin in 2 Thess 2.

John the Apostle, writing decades after Jesus's ascension, wrote the most famous book of prophecy, Revelation.

I think Luke 16:16 might refer specifically to the body of Scripture that was intended to prepare the Jews for Jesus's first coming. I might be wrong about that, but prophecy certainly came after Jesus uttered those words.

Also, Peter was very explicit in Acts 2 on the day of Pentecost when he told the crowd of amazed onlookers that what they were hearing was the fulfillment of the ancient prophesy of Joel:

"And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy."

Paul, John and Peter clearly demonstrate that prophecy did not end with Luke 16:16. We must take Jesus at His word with that verse, but we must make sure that we take Him at His meaning. One of the key principles of Scriptural interpretation is that if your interpretation of a passage contradicts another passage, you ought to re-examine your interpretation. We may be mistaken, even with our best and most honest efforts at interpretation, but God never errs.

Now, has prophecy continued past the days of the Apostles? Paul lists prophecy as a gift of the Spirit in common with many other gifts in Romans 12.

"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching..."

He does not limit any of these gifts in their assignment, and the overwhelming vast majority of his 1st century readership would have been non-Apostles. Paul instructed the people with the gift of prophecy in Rome to use that gift.

Nowhere in Scripture does there appear to be a hard and fast end to any gift of the Spirit. Readers have surmised that these gifts have ceased, but that is opinion (which may be right or wrong), rather than fact.

How ought we judge a prophet? If someone claims to be a prophet, our first responsibility is skepticism. I John 4 says that we ought to test every spirit to avoid believing false prophecy. Deuteronomy 18 is also explicit - a prophet who presumes to speak in the Lord must see everything he says come to pass; otherwise, the penalty for false prophecy is death.

In summary, Scripture says prophecy is a gift and that it ought to be exercised; however, that exercise should be done with tremendous caution, because making God out to be a liar carries the penalty of death.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
A couple thoughts - I certainly agree that the canon of Scripture is closed. However, I don't think the intent of Luke 16:16 is to state that prophecy is concluded. Paul wrote prophecy in his epistles. An example of that would be in his letters to the Thessalonians, where he prophesies the coming of the Man of Sin in 2 Thess 2.

John the Apostle, writing decades after Jesus's ascension, wrote the most famous book of prophecy, Revelation.

I think Luke 16:16 might refer specifically to the body of Scripture that was intended to prepare the Jews for Jesus's first coming. I might be wrong about that, but prophecy certainly came after Jesus uttered those words.

Also, Peter was very explicit in Acts 2 on the day of Pentecost when he told the crowd of amazed onlookers that what they were hearing was the fulfillment of the ancient prophesy of Joel:

"And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy."

Paul, John and Peter clearly demonstrate that prophecy did not end with Luke 16:16. We must take Jesus at His word with that verse, but we must make sure that we take Him at His meaning. One of the key principles of Scriptural interpretation is that if your interpretation of a passage contradicts another passage, you ought to re-examine your interpretation. We may be mistaken, even with our best and most honest efforts at interpretation, but God never errs.

Now, has prophecy continued past the days of the Apostles? Paul lists prophecy as a gift of the Spirit in common with many other gifts in Romans 12.

"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching..."

He does not limit any of these gifts in their assignment, and the overwhelming vast majority of his 1st century readership would have been non-Apostles. Paul instructed the people with the gift of prophecy in Rome to use that gift.

Nowhere in Scripture does there appear to be a hard and fast end to any gift of the Spirit. Readers have surmised that these gifts have ceased, but that is opinion (which may be right or wrong), rather than fact.

How ought we judge a prophet? If someone claims to be a prophet, our first responsibility is skepticism. I John 4 says that we ought to test every spirit to avoid believing false prophecy. Deuteronomy 18 is also explicit - a prophet who presumes to speak in the Lord must see everything he says come to pass; otherwise, the penalty for false prophecy is death.

In summary, Scripture says prophecy is a gift and that it ought to be exercised; however, that exercise should be done with tremendous caution, because making God out to be a liar carries the penalty of death.
Good stuff man.

I agree, the gift of prophesy still exists. I also believe it’s mainly related to interpretation of the spiritual world, including the text, more than direct revelation from God.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
190547098_4046099485425422_2446945963103671869_n.jpg

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I think it means no law can prohibit those otherwise legal to posses a handgun from doing so in any manner they please.
It means there is no more requirement to take classes or get licensed to carry a concealed handgun. They already can carry openly and there is no prohibition on long guns. It also allows for reciprocity between states for concealed carry licensed or not. Obviously, they're prohibitions for criminals, felons or those consuming alcohol. And businesses can still prohibit them.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Welcome to carry whatever wherever. You will never feel safer then being around a bunch of law abiding, open carrying Patriots.
Still the Natives in my city are up in arms that people can carry without licensing or training. Of course, they are quiet about criminals and gangs carrying without any of that. Could be it hits close to home with some of their friends, relatives and offspring.

Viking

Legendary
Founder
Still the Natives in my city are up in arms that people can carry without licensing or training. Of course, they are quiet about criminals and gangs carrying without any of that. Could be it hits close to home with some of their friends, relatives and offspring.
They just fear what they don't know. Most of those lib Karens and Kens have never seen a gun let alone seen an LACer carrying one on his hip or chest. Poor souls will somehow get by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom