Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder

I remember back in the 60's and 70's when I was in school, we saw all those things everyday but we never had a reason to use them. Every other vehicle in the parking lot had a shotgun or a rifle in the back window. Social media was non existent and today it's the scourge of the planet.

Techero

Poster
OK, people of Texas and, specifically, Austin. If I took a job in Austin, is any place within a 45 minute to 1 hour drive to downtown clear to live reasonably free from the freaks and transplants from California? We have friends with siblings still there that say even the areas around Lake Travis and south/southwest are infested. Are they overstating it?
I live in Lost Creek, its Westlake area, lotta conservatives in the crew I run with. There are some token libs but they dont pipe up often

Thasubliminal

Elite
Founder
OK, people of Texas and, specifically, Austin. If I took a job in Austin, is any place within a 45 minute to 1 hour drive to downtown clear to live reasonably free from the freaks and transplants from California? We have friends with siblings still there that say even the areas around Lake Travis and south/southwest are infested. Are they overstating it?
We have a place in Lakeway. Pretty normal

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
We have a place in Lakeway. Pretty normal

The recs of Lakeway, Spicewood and Driftwood are all good ones if you want to be around more like minded individuals/families.

We have a house in the Highland Park West/Balcones area which is about 10 minutes to downtown and the Harris for President signs are prevalent. There are plenty of us in the silent majority, though. Our neighbors here are great.

We are here now for the first time in a couple of months, and I will say the signs supporting Harris are a much smaller number than the Biden Harris signs from four years ago. Feels like people are wising up.

@Jayhox

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary

Grandfather of 2 students at Georgia high school where 4 were shot speaks out​

Four people were killed during a shooting at Apalachee High School in Barrow County on Wednesday. One local man's two granddaughters were inside.

Georgia School Shooting: Alleged gunman was previously investigated by FBI - FULL UPDATE​

Georgia authorities have now identified the alleged gunman and the 2 teachers and 2 students killed in Thursday's school shooting. It was also revealed that the 14-year-old suspect was previously investigated by the FBI.

This is infuriating. Every time they know who the shooter is. Columbine, Douglas, uvalde, etc the shooter is always known. We need to grow some balls and deal with these kids the first time they cause trouble. We are too soft on them and it doesn’t do anybody any favors, including getting the offenders the help they need before it’s too late.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
This is infuriating. Every time they know who the shooter is. Columbine, Douglas, uvalde, etc the shooter is always known. We need to grow some balls and deal with these kids the first time they cause trouble. We are too soft on them and it doesn’t do anybody any favors, including getting the offenders the help they need before it’s too late.
Only reason they sort of admitted they knew of Crooks was all the times "a phone of his" was near an FBI office. Had to get out ahead of that.

And no one hears anything about that anymore

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
It might shock some of you, but the usual suspects “knew” the shooter.

FML!
They were at the rifle range for almost a year next to Crooks. Yet, you can watch YT videos of extremely overzealous police officers abusing citizens for minor alleged offenses. Many of those officers wind up getting fired and cities/departments sued for millions. Saw one where multiple police officers broke the back of a disabled veteran taking him to the ground for some alleged minor offense. They tried to force him to walk after becoming paralyzed and abused him when he couldn't. Several lost their jobs and cost their city over $3 million. What's surprising is the number of officers who don't know the law or constitutional rights of citizens.

I hope this is a very small minority of officers. However, there are videos of these encounters in small and large departments all across the nation.

Edit/update - the veteran who was paralyzed was awarded $20 million, not $3 million.

Last edited:

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
Only reason they sort of admitted they knew of Crooks was all the times "a phone of his" was near an FBI office. Had to get out ahead of that.

And no one hears anything about that anymore
Agreed but that’s a totally different situation. Sure the FBI is worthless at best, but I’m mad at our education system.

Look at the giant kid down in south Florida that just got sentenced to 5 years for beating on that teaching aid. Same situation. She was injured badly (thankfully not killed like she could have been) by a kid with significant problems. Everybody knew about that kids issues but didn’t have the balls to put him in the proper situation because somebody might have been offended and there could have been lawsuits. Now he’s in jail and his life is probably ruined. The teacher is permanently injured and I’m sure there will be legal action against the school board anyway.

These elected school boards are full of educators who have their heart in the right place but cant see the big picture IMO. I think many would benefit greatly from a strong leader that isn’t afraid of losing the next election. You will never make everybody happy. They need to get tough in dealing with these problem cases.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Re: Dams. The US Fish & Wildlife Dept tried to claim Abbott's buoys in the Rio Grande were destroying river mussels and wanted him to remove the barricades. Actually, mussels would attach themselves to the barricades to grow and reproduce. The real culprit on alleged mussel damage are the illegals crossing the river and climbing the banks destroying the mussels' habitat.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
The recs of Lakeway, Spicewood and Driftwood are all good ones if you want to be around more like minded individuals/families.

We have a house in the Highland Park West/Balcones area which is about 10 minutes to downtown and the Harris for President signs are prevalent. There are plenty of us in the silent majority, though. Our neighbors here are great.

We are here now for the first time in a couple of months, and I will say the signs supporting Harris are a much smaller number than the Biden Harris signs from four years ago. Feels like people are wising up.

@Jayhox
What is a Harris for President sign, haven't seen one in the sane part of NY

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
What is a Harris for President sign, haven't seen one in the sane part of NY

This is in a yard less than a mile from our Austin house. I want to knock on their door and position myself as an undecided and ask them why it's so obvious.

il_1588xN.6225700637_8c5n.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom