Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

WeycoDawg

King of the SEC
Founder
Who decides who gets moderated and how? Where is the line? Do we need to have a vote every time someone pisses someone off? There aren’t any rules posted on here, so what is a violation? How do you objectively define a troll? Even amongst the posters in this thread there is not a consensus of how to handle things.
I think most folks here just get tired of the Jacklegs and the drivel that occupies the thread. Don’t just allow the option to ignore folks but also responses to the folks we choose to ignore. Make that extra option and everything is golden. Most folks like myself are busy and don’t have time to sift thru the manure.

Not a big vaccine guy but this is just common sense.

“Earlier in the rollout of vaccines, experts warned we would see vaccinated people represent a rising share of deaths simply because a larger share of the population was vaccinated. There are many more vaccinated people than there are unvaccinated people. And vaccinated and boosted people, on average, are older and more likely to have underlying health conditions that put them at risk for severe COVID outcomes.”

That is why, Cox added, when the CDC statistics are adjusted to account for those differences between groups, “we still see that unvaccinated people are at a much greater risk of death and other severe outcomes than vaccinated and boosted people are.”

Stuart Ray, a professor of medicine and oncology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine pointed to a second CDC report published in November showing that people 65 and older had the highest rates of death from COVID-19, but vaccines continued to reduce the risk of dying in all age groups (here) . “It is clear from that analysis that across age groups, vaccination reduces risk of death from COVID-19 by 6- to 12-fold depending on the age group studied,” Ray told Reuters in an email.
So what do you mean by "not a big vaccination guy"?

Did you get the Covid Vaxxine or no?

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
Who decides who gets moderated and how? Where is the line? Do we need to have a vote every time someone pisses someone off? There aren’t any rules posted on here, so what is a violation? How do you objectively define a troll? Even amongst the posters in this thread there is not a consensus of how to handle things.
Fira squad

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
oh. To be honest i have been a "member" for a years and still do not know that point of this thread. It seems to be all over the place. Can you enlighten me?
It’s the fastest information aggregator on the internet.

Or, at least it used to be. Sounds as though that isn’t as important as it used to be.

It’s the fastest information aggregator on the internet.

Or, at least it used to be. Sounds as though that isn’t as important as it used to be.
Oh. Well I did see a trend where as people post current events and such, but made no connection. I thought it was a random thread. I guess I am one of the trolls that is being talked about as i participate in the thread, but add no info to it.

You’re the one who claimed money is debt.

I’ve proven to know more than you on every topic you’ve decided to engage with me on. There is no reason to believe this topic won’t end up like the others.
I just learned that this thread is for information sharing and not random BS. So i will disengage this conversation on this thread.

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
Use better words than racial slurs to insult someone
full-metal-jacket-there-is-no-racial-bigotry-here.gif

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
I think most folks here just get tired of the Jacklegs and the drivel that occupies the thread. Don’t just allow the option to ignore folks but also responses to the folks we choose to ignore. Make that extra option and everything is golden. Most folks like myself are busy and don’t have time to sift thru the manure.

I honestly don't want to see their reactions to anything.

When I ignore someone I want them entirely removed from my existence.

Joe King

Elite
Money isn’t debt. You’re financially illiterate.
It most certainly is. Our monetary system is in fact based upon debt. No debt, no money.

I have two brothers that cycle and a boss obsessed with it. Needless to say, we debate a lot. You mentioned you get blocked a lot by cars, right? I’m curious if it’s because you want to scoot around all the cars backed up at an intersection, etc….
The ones I'm talking about are those at traffic lights with their noses buried in their phone. That shit should piss off most drivers, too.

I have no problem if cyclist want to stay on major roads, but you can’t skip past everyone when traffic is backed up.
I don't, but if idiots stop where they are not supposed to, then I will go around them as I tell what I think of their shit driving.

The reason we block you is two fold, first you want to be treated as a car, then act like a car and wait patiently like everyone else.
I do that. Only time I wouldn't is if there is a total traffic jam. Then I might split a lane, but again, only if all the cars are stopped ahead.
.....but I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to do that over the past quarter Centuary.

2nd, we don’t want to get stuck behind you rolling 22 in a two lane 35 mph area.
Then shouda left earlier. If I get there first, it's my lane and the driver has to make a passing maneuver.

This is also why I like multi-lane roads more than two lane streets, as on a multi-lane, there is always room for a car to pass. On small two lane streets, too many drivers get pissed off due to their irrationally high sense of entitlement to the road.

With that said, the driver in video was in the wrong.
Absolutely he was. He deserved to be drug from his (or her) car and have a cap popped in 'em.

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
I have two brothers that cycle and a boss obsessed with it. Needless to say, we debate a lot. You mentioned you get blocked a lot by cars, right? I’m curious if it’s because you want to scoot around all the cars backed up at an intersection, etc….

I have no problem if cyclist want to stay on major roads, but you can’t skip past everyone when traffic is backed up. The reason we block you is two fold, first you want to be treated as a car, then act like a car and wait patiently like everyone else. 2nd, we don’t want to get stuck behind you rolling 22 in a two lane 35 mph area.

With that said, the driver in video was in the wrong.
Hear hear!

It most certainly is. Our monetary system is in fact based upon debt. No debt, no money.

The ones I'm talking about are those at traffic lights with their noses buried in their phone. That shit should piss off most drivers, too.

I don't, but if idiots stop where they are not supposed to, then I will go around them as I tell what I think of their shit driving.

I do that. Only time I wouldn't is if there is a total traffic jam. Then I might split a lane, but again, only if all the cars are stopped ahead.
.....but I can count on one hand the number of times I've had to do that over the past quarter Centuary.

Then shouda left earlier. If I get there first, it's my lane and the driver has to make a passing maneuver.

This is also why I like multi-lane roads more than two lane streets, as on a multi-lane, there is always room for a car to pass. On small two lane streets, too many drivers get pissed off due to their irrationally high sense of entitlement to the road.

Absolutely he was. He deserved to be drug from his (or her) car and have a cap popped in 'em.
You’re right about the driver but wrong about money = debt.

Money is currency. It is a tool used to create economic activity.

Debt is owing capital to an entity. That capital is usually repaid in money / currency but that doesn’t make the debt money because in many circumstances a debt can be paid in multiple currencies.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
He is just a figure head. Of course this is just my opinion. In 2003 I met Bush Jr. He was a ''nice guy''

Many people have been "great guys", such as Ted Bundy, or Jeffrey Epstein.

I could not care less how "good" he is, I care about results. I care about truth in action. The truth is, he campaigned as a gun friendly person, and yet, during his administration, not one dumbass gun law was removed from the books, not one, despite him and Donald Jr sending out that they were going to repeal the NFA, and such. In fact, under his adminstration, gun regulation got more stringent.

That is a fact 10000%

The only conclusion that can be formed is 1.) he was behind it or 2.) he was powerless to stop it or 3.) he was not aware

either way, ineffective.

we still have Obamacare

Hillary aint in jail

Fauci still held his position

and the list goes on.

Sure, he might be a good guy who FHRITP......but that is not why leaders are leaders.
You kind of lost me with the “great guy” Bundy and Epstein stuff

Last edited:

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
I "see it" relative to the pertinent laws. If the cyclist was in the wrong, I'd have been quick to say so. It pisses me off when I see cyclists do illegal shit when riding because it just fuels the mistaken idea that none of us ride per the law.
.....and those laws state that the driver was 100% in the wrong. He turned from the wrong lane. That's illegal everywhere.

Replace the guy on the bike with a car. If the other driver did the same thing, how would you see that? Would you blame the guy in the left turn lane? Probably not, and both drivers AND cyclists have the same legally recognized Right to use the road.

Exactly, and motor vehicles cause a lot of damage to roads over time. Bikes? they can't cause damage, as they are not heavy enough to.
....but I'd be ok with paying road tax on my bike, but only if pro-rated on a per pound basis with cars and trucks. Ie: pocket change.

Cars block lanes far more than cyclists do. I deal with them all the time. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I have to bang on the back of someones car at a traffic light in order to get their attention away from their phone and to go, because the lights been green.

Riding two abreast is perfectly legal. Why? Because most lanes are not wide enough to be occupied by both a cyclist and a car. So if the car driver is already required to make a safe passing maneuver, (same as you would when passing a car) why does it matter if two cyclists ride side by side? It's safer that way because it lets the driver know that he must change lanes to pass safely. Too many drivers just try forcing their way within the same lane if there is only one cyclist hugging the curb. It's how a lot of cyclists get sideswiped. Because of asshole drivers unwilling to respect other road users Rights.

Of course. Everyone with a wrong position on a topic always s ready to move on.

NO, the car was 100% in the wrong. The cyclist was turning onto a multiple lane road, so he will have to go further out into the intersection in order to turn into the far right hand lane. It's illegal for cyclists to ride in the left lane other than when setting up for a left turn.
Ready to move on. I learned that cyclists always think they are right. See it all the time.

Time to stop clogging up this thread with this topic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom