Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
The Movie PASSION OF CHRIST:

“Mel Gibson warned actor Jim Caviezel that playing the character of Christ was going to be very difficult and that if he accepted, he most likely would be marginalized by Hollywood.

Caviezel asked for a day to think about it, and his response to Mel, who was funding and directing the movie, was: "I think we have to make it, even if it is difficult." And something else, my initials are J.C., and I am 33 years old. "I didn't realize that until now."
Mel responded with “You're really scaring me, you know.”

During filming, Jim Caviezel who plays the part of Jesus lost 45 pounds, he was struck by lightning, he was accidentally struck twice during the scourging scene leaving a deep 14-inch scar, he dislocated his shoulder when the cross was dropped into the hole with him on the cross. He then suffered pneumonia and hypothermia from being nearly naked with only a loin cloth on the cross for endless hours. The crucifixion scene alone took 5 weeks of the 2 months of shooting.

His body was so stressed and exhausted from playing the role that he had to undergo two open heart surgeries after the filming production.

Jim explained, “I didn’t want people to see me. I just want them to see Jesus. Conversions will happen through that.”

Almost like a clairvoyant prediction, many amazing things happened.

Pedro Sarubbi, who played Barabbas, felt that it was not Caviezel who was looking at him, but Jesus Christ himself, as he played that role he said of Caviezel, “His eyes had no hatred or resentment towards me, only mercy and love."

Luca Lionello, the artist who played Judas, was an avowed atheist before shooting began. He eventually converted and baptized his children.

One of the main technicians working on the film was a Muslim converted to Christianity.

Some producers said they saw actors dressed in white they didn’t recognize during one of the filming sessions, and when they reviewed the recordings, they realized they couldn’t see them in that footage.

The Passion of the Christ is the highest grossing US religious as well as the highest R-rated film of all time, with $370.8 million! Worldwide, it grossed $611 million.

More importantly, it has reached 100’s of millions of people around the world.

Mel Gibson paid $30 million out of his own pocket for the production of the film because no studio would take on the project.

Today, Jim Caviezel simply and boldly proclaims his faith in Christ, and the miracle it was for him to represent Christ as an actor and a greater believer of Christ because of this experience.

Rva

Was in the original thread from day one trophy 🏆
Founder
I had made a witty yet spot on comment about Texas when you were making fun of tech last night.
I decided to not post it, because I hate to see a grown man cry.
I thought I had deleted it all and when I quoted the other thing this morning, I guess it carried over what I had not deleted

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Who history will record helped kill hundreds of millions of people with his vaccine.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Yes, I’m not a blind fan!

When you make decisions based on emotion, we will fucking fail 90% of the time.

Give him a gold watch and go hire a top-flight coach!

Let the fans and more over the players ride this emotional wave to winning a natty.

Then have the balls to make a decision with your brain.

Unfortunately, Texas is a woke liberal fucking cesspool of stupidness, and they will hire Terry.

Texas at best will be one and done as far as basketball national championships go.

The irony of the whole situation is that the former coach will likely win a national championship at fucking Ole Piss before Texas ever sniffs the final four again!

But one day at a time they have a very tough game tonight.

You should restrict your discussion about coaching hires to the tennis program.

MortgageHorn

Founder
You should restrict your discussion about coaching hires to the tennis program.

University of Texas Men’s Tennis 2019 National Champion

University of Texas Women’s Tennis 2021 & 2022 Back to Back National Champions

Apparently, I know what the fuck I’m talking about 👆🏼

You might want to sit this one out emotional Longhorn 😘

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
University of Texas Men’s Tennis 2019 National Champion

University of Texas Women’s Tennis 2021 & 2022 Back to Back National Champions

Apparently, I know what the fuck I’m talking about 👆🏼

You might want to sit this one out emotional Longhorn 😘

Rodney Terry was the lead recruiter on the kids of importance on this roster, so we know he can recruit. Our offense has been infinitely better since he took over from Beard. The defense has had zero drop off, too.

We're now deeper in the tournament than we have been in 15+ years. Hire the man as Head Coach and retain the Ogdens and Chappells as assistants. We won't have to break the bank, either. Let it ride for a few years and see what happens.

MortgageHorn

Founder
Rodney Terry was the lead recruiter on the kids of importance on this roster, so we know he can recruit. Our offense has been infinitely better since he took over from Beard. The defense has had zero drop off, too.

We're now deeper in the tournament than we have been in 15+ years. Hire the man as Head Coach and retain the Ogdens and Chappells as assistants. We won't have to break the bank, either. Let it ride for a few years and see what happens.

That’s likely to happen.

The first indicator will be how many of those five star players they signed when beard was the head coach will they retain?

If they hire him and the majority of those kids sign elsewhere, that will be a problem.

If they do sign, I’ll let it play out

FreeMiner

Legendary
Game changer. There will be no going back. This route is already being used and is now being upgraded. Bidens sanctions, war in Ukraine, illegally blowing up the Nordstream 1/2 pipelines is accelerating the integration of Russia and China into a formidable foe that many think USA can not defeat, either economically or militarily without destroying most of life on the planet.

Biden has lost the ME. The Petro Dollar is finished.
The President of China refuses his calls. He has totally isolated America from trade with the Global South or about 5/6 Billion people on the planet and the curve is steepening.

He is destroying America.
There will be no going back from this, the changes coming will be long lasting the effects devastating.

Latest posts

Top Bottom