Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

blob

blob

jdgnole

Elite
Founder
Lost my mom Tuesday early morning. The good lord saw it fit to ease her pain and take her home. Her soul now resides in heavan and her earthly suffering no more. I fear my father is not far behind. Keep him in your prayers. 61 years together and with all his new ailments has lost his best friend. This may take the starch out of him. Peace brothers and sisters.
Sorry for your loss Viking, prayers to all of you.🙏🏻

FreeMiner

Legendary
Do you have a set of plans? We may need one soon for our neighborhood.
That unit there the GE Frame 5 came out of Hickham Industries in Texas.
They were super rugged and installed all over the world as stand alone power generation units.
That unit would burn pulverized coal, natural gas, distillate, bunker oil number 6 if you could get it down her throat and light it off she would go.
On that rebuild, the project manager who knew e and my history called me to come and sit in on the project planning.
He wanted my opinion.
I came to the site and got permission to try and fire the unit and see and hear it run.
It kept tripping off on vibration alarms.
So I watched it run, an felt how she acted.
The flame was unstable and orange. Should have been blue/white and strong stable burn on NatGas.
You need a lot of data to analyze these things.
Even the atmospheric density comes into play as the 16 stage compressor and air flows can not be changed.
Meeting begins. All the local guru's are trying to jump higher than their own penis's.
I let them jump and make notes.
Finally the project manager says to me.
You have made no comments.
I said well I have been busy taking notes.
He said what do you think is wrong and how much money do you think I should budget to fix this thing.
I said I don't see a reason yet to tear it down, although the secondary gear box between the output and the generator probably could use an alignment check.
What you really need is a GE Combustion Engineer to do a fuel air balance and stabilize the combustion.
I said people think these units are like a steam turbine, but they are not. Think of them more like an old hot rod with too rich of a fuel mixture running with the choke on. You are running her too rich. and have to lean out the fuel.
I offended everyone. I said you asked. So budget for a Technician to come to site, or failing that give me your best E&I Tech on staff and some money for long distance phone calls.
They lost there shit.
We tore it all down an found nothing. The alignment check found minor misalignment as I suspected.
So we did the follow up meeting. They test ran her and she kept tripping.
So last meeting I said when can I have the Combustion Engineer.
We got the E&I tech in the meeting. we got GE on the phone. They talk.
Holy shit old man was right. When GE got the numbers from control valve inputs they had to be dialed back major. Reduce fuel and she took off like a big ol bird.
After being laughed at for offering such a low cost solution, it was great rubbing their noses in my shit.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder

:oops::oops::oops:

My neighbor is going to be pissed off when he reads this...

1678025292988.png

FreeMiner

Legendary
There is no right that can make an employer like or hire you for a job.
And yah I would throw your resume straight in the garbage can if you use pronouns or your focus is your mental illness's like gender dysphoria.
Take your dramas and FO somewhere else.
When I was hiring i would examine your sick days, personal days, and attendance ie late for work etc.
And personal references..
Then next was personal grooming, attitude and handshake.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
There is no right that can make an employer like or hire you for a job.
And yah I would throw your resume straight in the garbage can if you use pronouns or your focus is your mental illness's like gender dysphoria.
Take your dramas and FO somewhere else.
When I was hiring i would examine your sick days, personal days, and attendance ie late for work etc.
And personal references..
Then next was personal grooming, attitude and handshake.
When I was hiring people I gave a spelling test, simple math test and wanted a short essay written. Since the pest control industry is governed by many local, state and federal agencies, the last thing I wanted was to hire someone who couldn't spell on their reports. Someone who couldn't do the math necessary to mix chemicals properly. Or, someone who couldn't write legibly or in clear sentences about what they did. Since any of these documents could be subpoenaed for trial or regulatory action, I didn't want any regulator or juror to think I hired dumbasses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom