Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
FkwCkBMWYAIQ6zC

Scrouch2434

Elite
Founder
Long before they run out of cobalt they will hit peak electricity generation. They there now.
Read an article by a qualified Engineer. Who said that to accomplish what the Uneducated Liberal Nitwits want with EV. They would have to approve and build 1 nuclear power plant per week for 40 years. Not going to happen.
It’s even worse than the infrastructure and building plants. Look at the cost overruns at Vogtle in Georgia.
Every step is full of subsidies. From battery to car and even the charging stations. You literally cannot make this up… biogas is pumped into the pipelines and get almost 12x spot prices per mmbtu- then once it’s injected on the pipeline ( as long as you can prove you and meet rFS policies and biogas is sourcing the electricity you get paid again).
That’s not even including the cost for the “green” energy to create and ultimately charge these vehicles.
The USA does not have the means to maintain a fleet of 100MM electric cars
The grid cannot support it

Last edited:

FreeMiner

Legendary
It’s even worse than the infrastructure and building plants. Look at the cost overruns at Vogtle in Georgia.
Every step is full of subsidies. From battery to car and even the charging stations. You literally cannot make this up… biogas is pumped into the pipelines and get almost 12x spot prices per mention, then once it’s injected on the pipeline ( as long as you can prove you and meet rFS policies and biogas is sourcing the electricity you get paid again).
That’s not even including the cost for the “green” energy to create and ultimately charge these vehicles.
The USA does not have the means to maintain a fleet of 100MM electric cars
The grid cannot support it
Yes Sir I agree 100%. Suckers 100,000 USD golf carts.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
The English is limited here, though you can get by.

Part of the reason I moved here is to go from conversant to fluent.

In addition to immersion I'm doing live on-line one on one lessons with a Spanish tutor.

My cost is a whopping $7.50 and hour.

Based on the program if I attend every day by this time next year I'll be fluent.

I look at it as an investment I spend just under $2k to become fluent in about a year.

How many more loans can I do in Texas if I speak Spanish fluently?

Better yet how many more girls can I communicate with in their native tongue?

The demographics say I'm investing wisely.

Here is the website - you can do it for most any language in the world.

Really cool - www.preply.com

Come on Down - The Weather is Great!

Speaking the language in real life is the best practice. In undergrad, I dated a girl from Bolivia and if I wanted to communicate with her family at family gatherings, I had to speak the native tongue. I had years of textbook Spanish under my belt so it was a relatively easy transition from conversant to fluent, tbh. And they were very accommodating in helping me along because they knew I genuinely wanted to learn. It was a great experience and I wish I was still fluent. Now I can pretty much read and write, but not really converse in real time. It's a great feeling not having to translate in your head from English to Spanish. It's a place I hope to get back to someday.

Bolivians speak a very FAST Spanish, so my go to phrase during the learning process was, "mas despacio, por favor!" I'm sure it's pretty fast in Colombia, too, so maybe that's a phrase you can add to your lexicon.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
My FIL died of cancer in April 2021. My wife could not visit him before his death because of Covid concerns. We couldn't have a proper funeral for him either. He was an alpha: rebuilt cars, worked for IBM - highly knowledgeable of computers, president of his gun club, loaded his own ammo, state champ trap shooter, could fix anything, build anything and do anything he put his mind to. Old school tough. He was the first person to talk to me about Trump becoming president in 2016. I thought he was full of it as I didn't believe Trump had a chance, nor did I care for Trump back then. Of course, he was right.

The morning my MIL called me to tell me he died during the night, my wife and her friend and my sons were in the kitchen. I got off the phone and told my wife. She fell to the floor crying and wailing. She loved her dad dearly. She didn't get to visit him or say goodbye before his death...it still angers me that those bastards took that away from her.

That’s pretty much how it went with my dad. Doc put him on hospice without letting us know. Dad was in and out of it cognitively because the cancer had moved to his brain. Day before he passed I talked to him on the phone and he said he did not agree to hospice.

When I confronted the doc over the phone I told him my dad didn’t consent he said I had no say and that dad told him he wanted to go on hospice.

Oh, he was suffering from pneumonia. Cancer was in his lungs too. So what did they do? Put him on the Covid floor. Bastards probably were hoping he’d get it so they could get the money.

grimm515

Elite
Founder
That’s pretty much how it went with my dad. Doc put him on hospice without letting us know. Dad was in and out of it cognitively because the cancer had moved to his brain. Day before he passed I talked to him on the phone and he said he did not agree to hospice.

When I confronted the doc over the phone I told him my dad didn’t consent he said I had no say and that dad told him he wanted to go on hospice.

Oh, he was suffering from pneumonia. Cancer was in his lungs too. So what did they do? Put him on the Covid floor. Bastards probably were hoping he’d get it so they could get the money.
And you didn't murder him?

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
@Cyberty what is a Fractal Rube Goldberg machine?

A Rube Goldberg machine requires each task to complete before it can move on to the next task until the final goal is achieved. Usually over complicated for fun. There used to be a game called Mouse Trap where you had to build a complicated Rube Goldberg machine to catch a fake mouse.

I also found this definition online in reference to Elon’s post:

A fractal of Rube Goldberg machines is a repeating pattern of interconnected machines, devices, and objects that become increasingly complex with each additional step, with the end result being the completion of a desired task.

Latest posts

Top Bottom