Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

FreeMiner

Legendary

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
It's funny - I posted a ton on the Biblical Prophecy thread back in February, and was getting ready to post more, and then the Ukraine War kicked off. I wanted to sit back and watch and see where things went before posting more.

I've got a few thoughts in mind, but I do want to share the following brief thought. The world seems to be on the precipice of a massive generational leadership change. The Queen's years are limited. The Pope is aging rapidly. Rumors are swirling around Putin's health.

Look at these articles from the past three days:

Elizabeth II's Declining Health Causing Brits to Cling Onto Their Queen

Putin Missing Hockey Game Sparks More Questions Over Health

Health problems will not stop Pope Francis, cardinal says

Additionally, Klaus Schwab is 84.

The point is, the people "in charge" of things almost certainly won't be the same people to bring about the cataclysmic shift in world government that leads to One World authoritarianism.

That torch will likely be passed to the next generation, and soon.

One caveat - while there are clear problems with Putin, this current pope and Schwab, I don't want to make any claims regarding the Queen. In fact, I think we may very well end up missing her when she's gone, depending on what happens with her replacement.

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder

This measure is just as accurate and arbitrary:

"Asteroid that weighs more than 912,500,000 Munchkin kittens plummeting towards Earth."

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Not at all a humble in any way brag.

Y'all know my son is going to play lacrosse in college. He's not particularly focused on division (he is D1 good, but there are more than a few D2 and D3 programs that are pretty damn good and some who are better) He's looking at academic as well as athletic and the best fit (he loves Endicott and Otterbein...both D3) He wants a good program and the best educational option (He's planning on sports management with a business minor). We go with the broken leg theory. If he breaks his leg and can no longer play, does he still love where he's at?

That said, there are a few schools who are categorized as his pipe dream schools. Ohio State. Carolina. Penn State. Rutgers.

Today, he got an email from a coach from one of these dream schools. Max has been invited to a prospect day at Rutgers. (We're guessing the coach watched him at last summer UAAA).

He's had other D1 wanting/watching him, a couple he likes, a few that aren't for him. But this is something. Holy crap.

He works his ass off. I'm happy to see that work paying off. This summer is going to be huge. The next 7 months are going to be intense. (He wants to be decided by Christmas break. A little later than most, but he's very upfront with coaches he's not commiting right now. But he keeps in touch with coaches that are on the list. (He's having to tell football coaches thank you for the interesf, but he's playing lacrosse.)

Y'all. Yes, he's an incredible natural athlete. But that's not enough.

He. Works.

I'm proud of my baby boy.
Congrats and I know what its like to be proud of athletic accomplishments. But if he is D1 good and going to D2 or D3 its bc he isnt D1 good. Stop with the lies. With all due respect.
And again Congats

Pineapple

Legendary
Congrats and I know what its like to be proud of athletic accomplishments. But if he is D1 good and going to D2 or D3 its bc he isnt D1 good. Stop with the lies. With all due respect.
And again Congats
That’s not always true. My daughter is 6’3” and had 31 D1 volleyball coaches chasing her - Duke, Michigan, Indiana, Florida, UCLA, Oklahoma, on and on. She ended up accepting at Northwestern State - small D1 in Louisiana. She easily could have gone D2 or D3 and thought about it. She was very uncomfortable at huge colleges… it’s not for everybody.

Number one setter in the nation came from the same club. Chose Kansas over larger.

Number one sand volleyball player, same club, chose Duke. And quickly left. She plays pro volleyball in Europe now.

I also know several players that chose D2 and had offers for D1.

D1 is a grind and lots of kids flush out. It’s wise to make the right choice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom