Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saban retires

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
  • Will match. It comes down to a non-monetary decision at this point. Does he want to follow the GOAT because that is what Coach wants him to do

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Saban still wants voice in program and have office at Byrant Denny.

No superstar is going to take the job under those conditions.

This is the same mistake Michigan made with keeping Schembechler around the program after he retired.

Even us with Dooley did not work out good for a long time.

Clean break or nah.

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
From a Texas site:

• Sark's people continuing to negotiate his extension with Texas.
    Everybody we’ve talked to says he’s staying. That’s a total of four people. Justin has heard it and I have heard it.
    Until his extension is signed or Alabama fills its vacancy we’ll continue monitoring but we feel really good about Sark remaining in Austin for all the reasons we’ve outlined.
    Do you think Quinn would have gone public without assurances?

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Guys the problem with the Bama coaching search is that Saban is not really retiring.

He is retiring to be like an NFL "owner" for the program. He is basically going to run the program from a management position. Amazing he accumulated so much power that he could basically be an owner of a football program at a public school.

Saban will be your boss if you take this job. He will be your Robert Kraft.

I don't see any top tier candidates taking the position under those conditions.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
There is a certain safety Kirbo got his eye on.
Downs is such a beast. Justice Hill too

Probably the two I’d be most disappointed if they transferred. Sayin as well, but I’m not sure how it works with High schoolers that just signed

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Guys the problem with the Bama coaching search is that Saban is not really retiring.

He is retiring to be like an NFL "owner" for the program. He is basically going to run the program from a management position. Amazing he accumulated so much power that he could basically be an owner of a football program at a public school.

Saban will be your boss if you take this job. He will be your Robert Kraft.

I don't see any top tier candidates taking the position under those conditions.
I agree with you here. It’s never worked

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Downs is such a beast. Justice Hill too

Probably the two I’d be most disappointed if they transferred. Sayin as well, but I’m not sure how it works with High schoolers that just signed
Haynes*

I’ve been drafting fantasy playoff teams

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Who knew when this play happened that Bama's best receiver, Isiah Bond, would be wearing Burnt Orange next fall. I'm surprised Nick was this scared of Sark coming to the SEC. Thanks, Nick.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
But I’m on the Lane train 100%. Probably will lose 2 regular season games a year, and I think he’s bound to to give the NFL a shot again at some point, but the memories would be worth it
I agree. I think Lane not only fits there he would also be quite entertaining. Hell hecould coach there for 20+years.

Top Bottom