Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saban retires

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

• A source tells me Kadyn Proctor is reconsidering. I am told final decision not made yet.
    Another source inside the building felt chances favor Justice Haynes staying. We will see.
    Again, these things change rapidly. So hang tight.

PeytonMooning

Elite
Founder
I think it was Bob Knight that said “If you worry about optics you wind up sitting with the opticians”

The #1 QB in the class and the cornerstone of Bama's class. KD is the one who will end up sitting with the opticians. Took a kid with cankles over Sayin.

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
The #1 QB in the class and the cornerstone of Bama's class. KD is the one who will end up sitting with the opticians. Took a kid with cankles over Sayin.
Are you getting defensive over a joke that actually has nothing to do with the situation?

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Why is Saban too cheap to get a good set of hair plugs? It would make him look so much younger.

Someone finally convinced Kirby to not to go to SuperCuts every single time for his haircut.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
R.336205bda1791b11cf684e7ebb2bfb11

What ever Chuck is using is what you want. I'm sure it's made from the mane of lion that he killed with his bare hands.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
SMART WILL NEVER forget his first interview with Saban in 2004 when Smart was up for a job at LSU as defensive backs coach. Smart was a graduate assistant at Florida State at the time, and his old pal Will Muschamp, then Saban's defensive coordinator at LSU, had vouched for him.

"I go on the interview, and I'm young and unassuming, and there are all these stories out there that if Miss Terry [Saban's wife] invites you to the house for dinner, she had to give you the OK. And if you didn't get the OK, then you weren't going to get the job."

Lance Thompson was leaving LSU to take the UCF defensive coordinator's job. Smart remembers Thompson, who worked under Saban two different times, telling Smart in passing: "Working for Nick is like dog years. Every year feels like seven."

Smart visited the Saban home on Super Bowl Sunday, and they were all sitting around and talking after dinner.

Nick Saban hired Kirby Smart as defensive backs coach at LSU in 2004. Courtesy LSU Athletics
"I was comfortable and feeling good about the way it was going, and I just say, 'I don't get it. People say working here is like dog years.' I don't know why in the hell I said that. Just dumb," Smart said. "Think about it. Why would you ever say something like that to an employer you're trying to get a job with? But I did. I guess I wasn't overwhelmed or intimated. I was too young to know any better."

The next morning, Smart got a call from Muschamp after that day's LSU staff meeting. Muschamp told Smart that an irate Saban barked to everybody in the staff room: "Which one of you dumbasses said it's like dog years working for me? We're trying to hire the guy, and you tell him that?"

Smart is still sheepish about it all these years later.

"I got the whole staff cussed out and somehow still got the job."

4517[/MEDIA]

AgEngDawg

Legendary
SMART WILL NEVER forget his first interview with Saban in 2004 when Smart was up for a job at LSU as defensive backs coach. Smart was a graduate assistant at Florida State at the time, and his old pal Will Muschamp, then Saban's defensive coordinator at LSU, had vouched for him.

"I go on the interview, and I'm young and unassuming, and there are all these stories out there that if Miss Terry [Saban's wife] invites you to the house for dinner, she had to give you the OK. And if you didn't get the OK, then you weren't going to get the job."

Lance Thompson was leaving LSU to take the UCF defensive coordinator's job. Smart remembers Thompson, who worked under Saban two different times, telling Smart in passing: "Working for Nick is like dog years. Every year feels like seven."

Smart visited the Saban home on Super Bowl Sunday, and they were all sitting around and talking after dinner.

Nick Saban hired Kirby Smart as defensive backs coach at LSU in 2004. Courtesy LSU Athletics
"I was comfortable and feeling good about the way it was going, and I just say, 'I don't get it. People say working here is like dog years.' I don't know why in the hell I said that. Just dumb," Smart said. "Think about it. Why would you ever say something like that to an employer you're trying to get a job with? But I did. I guess I wasn't overwhelmed or intimated. I was too young to know any better."

The next morning, Smart got a call from Muschamp after that day's LSU staff meeting. Muschamp told Smart that an irate Saban barked to everybody in the staff room: "Which one of you dumbasses said it's like dog years working for me? We're trying to hire the guy, and you tell him that?"

Smart is still sheepish about it all these years later.

"I got the whole staff cussed out and somehow still got the job."

4517[/MEDIA]
LOL this one from Kiffin.

"When Kiffin's three children were young, he remembers getting an invitation to the Sabans' house for Easter. His first thought was: "I'm not getting yelled at on Easter. I get yelled at enough at the football complex.""

Latest posts

Top Bottom