Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Melatonin

milktoast

Poster
Do you take melatonin? How much? Some old lady at work takes 25mg a night. Seems way too much for me.

I take 3 mg. When I first tried it, it had zero effect, but now it puts me to sleep like a baby. I wonder if there is some adaptation period. I still can sleep without it, but if I do take it, I’m out like a light within 30 mins

QuanChi

Elite

TLDR: microdose melatonin is best. 0.25mg​

Abstract​

This study was undertaken to evaluate the acute effects of single low doses of melatonin given to healthy volunteers in the evening. Six healthy male volunteers (age range 22-24 years) participated in this study, after signing an informed consent form. They received in a double-blind fashion placebo or 0.3 or 1.0 mg melatonin at three fixed times: 18:00, 20:00, and 21:00 hr. Polysomnographic recordings began immediately thereafter, with their being allowed to sleep. Prior to each experimental session and in the following morning, subjects completed a sleep quality questionnaire, the Profile of Mood States, the Stanford Sleepiness Scale, and underwent a visual reaction test. Significant decrease on sleep latencies was found following melatonin treatment at 18:00 and 20:00 hr. In addition, melatonin tended to improve sleep efficiency and to reduce intermittent wakefulness. However, at 21:00 hr, 0.3 mg melatonin increased latency to sleep onset and 1.0 mg melatonin had no effect on sleep variables. Furthermore, melatonin given at different times did not alter subjective sleepiness, mood, and reaction time in the following morning. The results from the present study support the notion that administration of low doses of melatonin, mimicking the nocturnal physiological concentration of this hormone may exert immediate sleep-inducing effects.

Oler Ted

Elite
Do you take melatonin? How much? Some old lady at work takes 25mg a night. Seems way too much for me.

I take 3 mg. When I first tried it, it had zero effect, but now it puts me to sleep like a baby. I wonder if there is some adaptation period. I still can sleep without it, but if I do take it, I’m out like a light within 30 mins
This would probably work best for you

milktoast

Poster

TLDR: microdose melatonin is best. 0.25mg​

Abstract​

This study was undertaken to evaluate the acute effects of single low doses of melatonin given to healthy volunteers in the evening. Six healthy male volunteers (age range 22-24 years) participated in this study, after signing an informed consent form. They received in a double-blind fashion placebo or 0.3 or 1.0 mg melatonin at three fixed times: 18:00, 20:00, and 21:00 hr. Polysomnographic recordings began immediately thereafter, with their being allowed to sleep. Prior to each experimental session and in the following morning, subjects completed a sleep quality questionnaire, the Profile of Mood States, the Stanford Sleepiness Scale, and underwent a visual reaction test. Significant decrease on sleep latencies was found following melatonin treatment at 18:00 and 20:00 hr. In addition, melatonin tended to improve sleep efficiency and to reduce intermittent wakefulness. However, at 21:00 hr, 0.3 mg melatonin increased latency to sleep onset and 1.0 mg melatonin had no effect on sleep variables. Furthermore, melatonin given at different times did not alter subjective sleepiness, mood, and reaction time in the following morning. The results from the present study support the notion that administration of low doses of melatonin, mimicking the nocturnal physiological concentration of this hormone may exert immediate sleep-inducing effects.
Interesting

milktoast

Poster
This would probably work best for you

Is this…. Real?

Fansong1977

Poster
I take these, actually 1/2 or 1/4 of one. Knocks me out.

Restful Botanically Infused Gummies 1875MG – Elderberry and Blueberry​

restful-botanically-infused-gummies-1875mg-elderberry-blueberry.jpg.webp

Latest posts

Top Bottom