Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

***Master US Jobs / Inflation Thread***

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
The inflation had been super light in proportion to the amount printed.

Shows how blessed we really are as Americans.
You are absolutely correct. Most US Dollars are held outside the US. Being the reserve currency gives us a lot of benefits and allows for that inflation to be exported and deflation to be imported. If you start reading articles about other countries dumping US dollar denominated assets, setting trade in other currencies or buying gold at the sovereign level be very worried.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Paul Tudor Jones gives a pretty good interview with CNBC this morning. This weeks Fed meeting will be huge. If the Fed announces tapering the markets will be in trouble and if the Fed ignores the inflation data and keeps printing load up on inflation bets.

Fed is trapped. Unemployment and total people not working says to keep printing, but inflation data says it's time to sell off the balance sheet and raise rates. Biden and the Dems are cooked for the midterms. 'Pubs need to be hammering the price inflation we are seeing as well.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Paul Tudor Jones gives a pretty good interview with CNBC this morning. This weeks Fed meeting will be huge. If the Fed announces tapering the markets will be in trouble and if the Fed ignores the inflation data and keeps printing load up on inflation bets.

Fed is trapped. Unemployment and total people not working says to keep printing, but inflation data says it's time to sell off the balance sheet and raise rates. Biden and the Dems are cooked for the midterms. 'Pubs need to be hammering the price inflation we are seeing as well.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
M2 money supply is at 20.37 trillion right now. Unless the economic laws of supply & demand have been repealed, the price of everything is headed higher.

E4gUU7KWQAcjZA_

America 1st

Founder
Rock button interest rates from the Fed combined with them buying mortgage-backed securities (MBS) by the billions is working. If 'working' means making housing unaffordable for the working class.

Works for me though since I don't have a mortgage.

Just got the deed in the mail last week 😎

CDDP

Legendary
Founder

Supermarkets are stocking up on everything from sugar to frozen meat before they get more pricey, girding for what some executives anticipate will be some of the highest price increases in recent memory.

Some supermarkets said they are buying and storing supplies to keep their shelves full amid stronger demand. Grocery sales in the U.S. for the week ended June 19 rose about 15% from two years earlier and increased 0.5% from a year earlier, according to Jefferies and NielsenIQ data.

Stockpiling by food retailers is driving shortages of some staples, grocery industry executives said, and is challenging a U.S. food supply chain already squeezed by transportation costs, labor pressure and ingredient constraints.

The move is a reversal from last year when consumers hoarded groceries because of concerns about food availability, disrupting the food industry. Now, retailers themselves are stockpiling to keep costs down and protect margins.

“We’re buying a lot of everything. Our inventories are up significantly over the same period last year,” said David Smith, chief executive officer of Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc. The nation’s largest wholesaler for more than 3,000 grocery stores recently purchased 15% to 20% more inventory, mainly of packaged foods with longer shelf life, he said.

America 1st

Founder

Supermarkets are stocking up on everything from sugar to frozen meat before they get more pricey, girding for what some executives anticipate will be some of the highest price increases in recent memory.

Some supermarkets said they are buying and storing supplies to keep their shelves full amid stronger demand. Grocery sales in the U.S. for the week ended June 19 rose about 15% from two years earlier and increased 0.5% from a year earlier, according to Jefferies and NielsenIQ data.

Stockpiling by food retailers is driving shortages of some staples, grocery industry executives said, and is challenging a U.S. food supply chain already squeezed by transportation costs, labor pressure and ingredient constraints.

The move is a reversal from last year when consumers hoarded groceries because of concerns about food availability, disrupting the food industry. Now, retailers themselves are stockpiling to keep costs down and protect margins.

“We’re buying a lot of everything. Our inventories are up significantly over the same period last year,” said David Smith, chief executive officer of Associated Wholesale Grocers Inc. The nation’s largest wholesaler for more than 3,000 grocery stores recently purchased 15% to 20% more inventory, mainly of packaged foods with longer shelf life, he said.
Need more fracking truck drivers.

Meat cost at my restaurant are up a 100% across the board. Shortages for a lot of things. Vegetable oil went from $19.99 for 5 gallon container to $45 a container. Latex gloves went from $34 a case to $145 a case. That’s just on inventory. Factor in you can’t hire 2 people if you needed to. But i raised my prices and will do so again if needed. I wish I could post on my menu that the prices have increased due to liberals and their agenda, If you have a problem with it, take it up with them.

America 1st

Founder
Meat cost at my restaurant are up a 100% across the board. Shortages for a lot of things. Vegetable oil went from $19.99 for 5 gallon container to $45 a container. Latex gloves went from $34 a case to $145 a case. That’s just on inventory. Factor in you can’t hire 2 people if you needed to. But i raised my prices and will do so again if needed. I wish I could post on my menu that the prices have increased due to liberals and their agenda, If you have a problem with it, take it up with them.
Hope yore place does ok.

Service is going to be facing huge cuts over the next 5 years IYAM.

BigBucnNole

Elite

It’ll balance out. Not enough money is in physical circulation, inventories are readjusting, and huge swathes people still won’t have the necessary skills to do work other than lower level service jobs.

America 1st

Founder
It’ll balance out. Not enough money is in physical circulation, inventories are readjusting, and huge swathes people still won’t have the necessary skills to do work other than lower level service jobs.
Service needs about a 50% cut and to have those folks pushed into skilled labor or manufacturing. Need manufacturing investment if you ever want to solve the runaway service industry problem.

Plenty of money in supply tho just not enough goods and services to justify that amount of currency.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Service needs about a 50% cut and to have those folks pushed into skilled labor or manufacturing. Need manufacturing investment if you ever want to solve the runaway service industry problem.

Plenty of money in supply tho just not enough goods and services to justify that amount of currency.

I actually just had a meeting on this. We think the weekly unemployment benefits are going to shift a ton on labor into the workforce and then we should see a shift from goods and services purchases fall back into services. Supply chain disruptions may delay ultimate normality, but it’ll only be temporary.

America 1st

Founder
I actually just had a meeting on this. We think the weekly unemployment benefits are going to shift a ton on labor into the workforce and then we should see a shift from goods and services purchases fall back into services. Supply chain disruptions may delay ultimate normality, but it’ll only be temporary.
Good insights.

It drives me nuts that we don't make more things here. Now would be the perfect time to do it too.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I respect your opinion, but as far as not enough money being in physical circulation:

Banks are handing out personal loans, car loans, and HELOCS like candy. Credit card companies are pushing flex loans like a mofo. There may not be government money going out, but we are experiencing a MASSIVE credit expansion right now

America 1st

Founder
I respect your opinion, but as far as not enough money being in physical circulation:

Banks are handing out personal loans, car loans, and HELOCS like candy. Credit card companies are pushing flex loans like a mofo. There may not be government money going out, but we are experiencing a MASSIVE credit expansion right now
They're desperate to get people spending again but it's just not gonna work out like they want. Everyone would can afford to has likely already spent on their big purchases while everything was cheap with housing and cars.

Other than my wife's uncle. M mother fucker just closed on an estate in Arlington so he tear it down to build new. He has been waiting a while to find a spot in Arlington with low light saturation and the right angle for his telescope 🤣

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
They're desperate to get people spending again but it's just not gonna work out like they want. Everyone would can afford to has likely already spent on their big purchases while everything was cheap with housing and cars.

Other than my wife's uncle. M mother fucker just closed on an estate in Arlington so he tear it down to build new. He has been waiting a while to find a spot in Arlington with low light saturation and the right angle for his telescope 🤣
What makes you think people have stopped spending?

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
We are gonna be telling our grandkids about the whacky ass post Covid economy where you could buy a new vehicle that went up in value the following 3 years.

America 1st

Founder
What makes you think people have stopped spending?
Stopped. It never "stops" in America but I'd bet it slows just based on basic consumer economics.

People that have money or credit for new cars and houses did that shit when they were at record lows because people still like a deal.

With inflation sky high, and cars outpacing the average, it's just tough to see things snapping back to what these people wearing ties expect.

Will spending tick back as prices fall? Probably but the whole idea of issuing the extra currency was so that it got spent and people can't get homes or cars, due to lack of product, even if they are willing to pay for the massive price jump.

Top Bottom