Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

***Master US Jobs / Inflation Thread***

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’ve read that the mortgage rates need to rise to the rate on inflation to get inflation in check. We could see 8% mortgages within a year.
How do you connect mortgage rates to inflation? I get it why, but how does the mechanism work? Money velocity slows down?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
How do you connect mortgage rates to inflation? I get it why, but how does the mechanism work? Money velocity slows down?

Maybe i meant Fed Funds rate. Fed Funds Rate, (which is directly tied to mortgage rates) have to reach the rate of inflation in order to bring the rate of inflation under control.

I may have messed it up a little bit, but the premise remains the same. Intrest rates in general must reach the rate of inflation to bring inflation under control. I think it was Larry Summers who said it.

Found the article i was referring to. This was from March and things have gotten considerable worse since then.

1655250144974.png

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Maybe i meant Fed Funds rate. Fed Funds Rate, (which is directly tied to mortgage rates) have to reach the rate of inflation in order to bring the rate of inflation under control.

I may have messed it up a little bit, but the premise remains the same. Intrest rates in general must reach the rate of inflation to bring inflation under control. I think it was Larry Summers who said it.

Found the article i was referring to. This was from March and things have gotten considerable worse since then.

View attachment 110438
“Levels they’re not even thinking are conceivable” lol

How have the last couple weeks been reflected in your work?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
“Levels they’re not even thinking are conceivable” lol

How have the last couple weeks been reflected in your work?

Not great, they should have been better. I’m super frustrated but hoping to right the ship soon. Made some changes to our model and hoping that makes a difference in the following weeks.

Top Bottom