Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FSU Fans - Norvell question

CurtOFD78

Elite
I do not think FSU should fire Norvell for a few reasons. 1) FSU cannot afford to be paying 2 ciaches around 8 million dollars NOT to coach.

2) I'm not sure at this point that it's all on him. NOW I know he is the head coach and it falls on him but I am not certain that Fuller and Dillingham are right for their position.

3) I think it takes some time to get things going in the direction you want them. As you know, FSU fans are spoiled as FVCK and expect things to be like 2013 and the dynasty years. We are not a patient fan base. Now may be the time for patience.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
They should keep him. We are so bad it doesn’t really matter who the coach is. We need a coach to rebuild the program to a level where we are competitive in the conference. He is as good as anybody else we could possibly get for the next couple years.

It sucks but here we are. Jimbo left us in a bad spot then they hired willie and crashed the plane into the mountain.

noelnole

Elite
Founder
its pathetic but i think we should keep him another year, at the very least to keep hunter in the class

Woodnole

Poster
Founder
I was shocked at how bad the on-field coaching and decision making was in the Jacksonville State game, but I don’t believe we should fire him. The program was in abysmal shape when he came in and the team culture was rotten. Norvell has been cleaning house, but the talent simply isn’t there yet, not even close. Everybody thinks of FSU and assumes we have talent. Truth is, we don’t have much and from a recruiting standpoint we can’t afford to start over again.

Wake Forest embarrassed us because they are a better team and unfortunately had better football players. Notre Dame looked like giants on the field compared to our players and it turns out that close game against them was not really that impressive. Things can turn around and I hope they do, but it will take longer than we want to believe. I didn’t enjoy reading the article, but it was unfortunately spot on.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I’ve always said a college coach deserves 4 years. The exception would be an internal disaster that was Willie. Those in the know, knew it was a huge issue.
I‘m as puzzled as the next fan but I do think Norvell deserves the chance to prove himself.
The question that needs to be asked is, can he make the tough calls and fire underperforming staffers to get the right folks in?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I’ve always said a college coach deserves 4 years. The exception would be an internal disaster that was Willie. Those in the know, knew it was a huge issue.
I‘m as puzzled as the next fan but I do think Norvell deserves the chance to prove himself.
The question that needs to be asked is, can he make the tough calls and fire underperforming staffers to get the right folks in?
I honestly have no idea what happened with slick Willie, can we get an abbreviated version of events other than he couldn't coach?

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I honestly have no idea what happened with slick Willie, can we get an abbreviated version of events other than he couldn't coach?

Apparently he was not the same coach in front of the camera as he was behind the scenes. Micromanaging asst. and over ruling their coaching decisions. Even the defense.
It’s obvious he didn’t have any discipline but it was much worse behind the scenes. Just really bad behavior all around in front of most of the administration. It made for an easy call to dismiss after only 18 games.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I can’t believe it took this long but I stole this and wish I had the OG poster.

This is Norvell trying to fix FSU football.

Latest posts

Top Bottom