Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
We will all value different ideals.

Case in point I think the shining city on the hill narrative is bullshit and partially why certain groups get raked continually and I'm not afraid to say it.

Doesn't really bother me if you believe it as an ideal tho until it affects my life.

The past few days when I've been at that window upstairs, I've thought a bit of the shining "city upon a hill." The phrase comes from John Winthrop, who wrote it to describe the America he imagined. What he imagined was important, because he was an early Pilgrim - an early "Freedom Man." He journeyed here on what today we'd call a little wooden boat, and, like the other pilgrims, he was looking for a home that would be free.

I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind, it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind swept, God blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace - a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors, and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.

That's how I saw it, and see it still. How Stands the City?

Maybe you should read Reagan's farewell address and point out the bullshit parts for us.

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/01/12/...an-s-farewell-address-to-american-people.html

You talk about ideals affecting your life but are content to sit back and wait on some miracle to occur while these progressive ideals are most certainly affecting your life.

Dawg88

Legendary
Founder
@America 1st is an obvious troll. Just ignore his stupid ass. He is either a troll or a 20 something no nothing. Regardless, he spams the board with Twitter bullshit. Mark my words, he will be the one that takes this board down. Fuck him.
No he is not brother. I have spoken to him. His wife is battling cancer. He is going through a lot. He has a good dude though in my opinion. Some people see things differently. But he is definitely not a troll
@America 1st Is a good man and I stand by that

I do not always agree with his opinion for example anything negative about anything Ronald Reagan had to say. But the man America 1st is a good man

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
The past few days when I've been at that window upstairs, I've thought a bit of the shining "city upon a hill." The phrase comes from John Winthrop, who wrote it to describe the America he imagined. What he imagined was important, because he was an early Pilgrim - an early "Freedom Man." He journeyed here on what today we'd call a little wooden boat, and, like the other pilgrims, he was looking for a home that would be free.

I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind, it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind swept, God blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace - a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors, and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here.

Maybe you should read Reagan's farewell address and point out the bullshit parts for us.

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/01/12/...an-s-farewell-address-to-american-people.html

You talk about ideals affecting your life but are content to sit back and wait on some miracle to occur while these progressive ideals are most certainly affecting your life.
America 1st may be Frank Luntz

He's gone full incoherent lambasting "Shining City Upon a Hill" yet offering up "America is the freest country, we're the best, etc"

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

I push back on leftist ideals.

When did we get to the point that not endorsing armed revolution meant someone was sitting back and doing nothing?

Reagan's farewell was pretty good even though I have a more practical view of our republic. Makes me wonder why people older than I, since it was given well before my time, didn't take it to heart more and allowed some of the stuff we see today to manifest?

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
I found @ETNVol interviewing General Flynn!!!!

You still waiting on that Hillary Clinton arrest, bro? Or was she hung in Gitmo last weekend?

Q is your religion. It was exposed as utter nonsense, and after briefly realizing that around January 20th at noon, you've taken the delusion back up with excuses such as "have to be shown" and overlooked the lies with "misinformation is necessary". Literally anything said or done that happens on planet earth could be explained away with those phrases. It allows you to live in a Q bubble and keep your delusion alive.

Flynn knows that many who believed in Q were his staunchest supporters. He's not going to insult them.

You seem like a good guy. You've just put your faith and hope in something that was a fraud.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
This is not a free speech forum, it’s a “Agree with me “ forum.

When have you been silenced?

Truth: I'm scrolling past the ongoing back and forth. Mainly because the same points from each person are being repeated over and over... and a certain person's posts are more verbose than my most tipsy ramblings.

You can choose to engage or not. But the point is that YOU are choosing and nobody is shutting any of you down. Seems pretty free and lots of speech to me.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder

This is a beautiful post.

I hope everybody takes the time to read what you've said and then further take the time to reflect and really think about what that shining city on a hill means to him/ her.

America 1st

Founder
Just saw something that said inflation was like .03% this year. If you buy anything its obvious that inflation is at least 15% right now. Lumber, food, gas, fucking water hose, horse feed, hay, chicken feed, plants... liter ali everything I've bought this spring, like normal, is out of the fucking roof high. Fucking garden plants at lowes is all over $6. Im not talking about 1' plus plants but the little 4 inch plants are $6.

My local greenhouse picked the wrong year to retire and sell out. Mulch is the only thing that hasn't gone insane.
Official metrics say 2.6 but they add items and specific labor to these reports to get to the numbers they want for a narrative.

TheRealJohnCooper

💎
Founder
When have you been silenced?

Truth: I'm scrolling past the ongoing back and forth. Mainly because the same points from each person are being repeated over and over... and a certain person's posts are more verbose than my most tipsy ramblings.

You can choose to engage or not. But the point is that YOU are choosing and nobody is shutting any of you down. Seems pretty free and lots of speech to me.
I’ve been critical tonight. Right or wrong. If I said I’ve been silenced I was wrong. I’m. Just getting tired of the “wait and see.” Shit. That’s all. I’m trying to hang in there. It’s just getting harder. Too many Miller Lites maybe. I don’t know.

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
That moron acted like my Mom's CPA did today because neither of us were wearing masks in Mom's house when she showed up. Mom told her we would put on masks notwithstanding I had Wuhan Charlie and Mom had the vaccinations. She turned around and walked away saying, "I'm leaving--you have already exposed me." I told Mom to fire the bitch and get someone else if she was that woke.

I told Mom to fire the bitch and get someone else if she was that woke

Oh hell yes!!

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
I’ve been critical tonight. Right or wrong. If I said I’ve been silenced I was wrong. I’m. Just getting tired of the “wait and see.” Shit. That’s all. I’m trying to hang in there. It’s just getting harder. Too many Miller Lites maybe. I don’t know.
I'm beyond tired of the 'wait and see'.

I've been waiting. Time for the show.

And not you, but whomever said @America 1st is a troll, no he's not. A different stance does not a troll make.

America 1st

Founder
This is a beautiful post.

I hope everybody takes the time to read what you've said and then further take the time to reflect and really think about what that shining city on a hill means to him/ her.
Reagan is adored around here and rightfully so (he was pretty great).

Many of his speeches really could be individual thread worthy for discussion and dialogue.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Reagan is adored around here and rightfully so (he was pretty great).

Many of his speeches really could be individual thread worthy for discussion and dialogue.
I like Reagan.

But here's the thing. His good overshadowed the bad and dirty. Make no mistake, Reagan was no saint. But his love for our country was always first and foremost.

Sound familiar?

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
No lie. That's actually how the official picture came across to me.

Just weird.

I honestly think that pic (not the one you just posted) was photo shopped and whomever did it is a fucking imbecile.

I don't for a second think Potatus and Doc Jill visited with Mr. and Mrs. Peanut Sweaters.... maskless, no less.

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
When did we get to the point that not endorsing armed revolution meant someone was sitting back and doing nothing?

When the time comes, and it will, some people are going to have to so something. Rather it be in this generation or not is something that remains to be seen.

in-the-beginning-of-a-change-the-patriot-is-a-scarce-man-and-author-mark-twain.jpg

America 1st

Founder
When the time comes, and it will, some people are going to have to so something. Rather it be in this generation or not is something that remains to be seen.

in-the-beginning-of-a-change-the-patriot-is-a-scarce-man-and-author-mark-twain.jpg
Some people are already doing something.

We've been on a good run as a country since 1861 and eventually something is going to pop off again at some point.

I'd agree 100% we are shaping those dynamics now.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
This is fucking BRILLIANT!!! If you have any doubts about Lin Wood, watch/listen to this. Gets going at about the 12:00 mark but the lead up before that is important. Lin is on this call and the Dean doesn’t know it . . . until Lin defends himself. Then again at about the 33:00 mark he lays it on the floor for all to see and challenges the Dean to present his whistleblower interview recording to the school for consideration before they drag his name through the mud. FUCKING BRILLIANT! My respect for him went to another level. This is what we ALL need to do in all of our interactions. STAND UP FOR THE CAUSE! FIGHT THE SWAMP!

Lin is a sharp dude. My biggest take away from that video is how fucked we are as a country if those law students who chimed in are representative of their peers. Holy shit, they even teach facts over feelings at law schools these days?😡 Embarrassed for Mercer, watching that.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
Just saw something that said inflation was like .03% this year. If you buy anything its obvious that inflation is at least 15% right now. Lumber, food, gas, fucking water hose, horse feed, hay, chicken feed, plants... liter ali everything I've bought this spring, like normal, is out of the fucking roof high. Fucking garden plants at lowes is all over $6. Im not talking about 1' plus plants but the little 4 inch plants are $6.

My local greenhouse picked the wrong year to retire and sell out. Mulch is the only thing that hasn't gone insane.

Take food, energy, building supplies and housing out of the equation, everything's fine. Government logic, they have no understanding how nowmal folks live

Top Bottom