Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Jtrain80

Legendary
I've been all over this.

And I'm a woman. I pay attention to and meticulously remember the smallest of details.

There's a reason women can call up a transgression from August 12, 1996 1:43 pm in vivid detail. Many moons ago, it saved your boy butts from eating poisonous berries and ensured the continuation of the human race. Now...it just serves to drive you insane. 🤣

That's just how our brains work. We hyper focus on details while men look at the over all picture.

Only argument I have ever won with the better half was when I told her she was right and walked off.

That whole facts thing works both ways. You know when we are right more than we do.

Case in point: i was talking to a colleague about purchasing an island in se Asia if I won the lottery. Then we discussed defending said island from pirates. Well my buddy just so happened to have an uncle w a peg leg, an eye patch, and the nickname "Diamond Dave". Get him a parrot and we are set...right?

Wife is doing the pee dance hearing all this. My question was, "what is so funny"

She says," you stupid fuck, like black beard, hardy har har?"

I respond, "you think pirates dont exist?"

She laughs.

Fast forward 9 months and the Somali pirates start making national news. Then Tom Hanks makes the movie.

She knows.

Jtrain80

Legendary
I've been all over this.

And I'm a woman. I pay attention to and meticulously remember the smallest of details.

There's a reason women can call up a transgression from August 12, 1996 1:43 pm in vivid detail. Many moons ago, it saved your boy butts from eating poisonous berries and ensured the continuation of the human race. Now...it just serves to drive you insane. 🤣

That's just how our brains work. We hyper focus on details while men look at the over all picture.

Yeah, it sometimes starts stinking like a locker room in here. So glad to have the breathe of fresh air from a female perspective.

I ran across Q in april of 2018. Been hooked ever since. It is very disturbing information to say the least, and not something that you can talk about with anyone. I try to be strong mentally, physically, and spiritually and dont burden other people with my issues.

She asked me what was wrong and there is just no way to explain. I tip toed about, not fully committing to anything. Mentioned that things aren't what they seem.

Fast forward to recently... she came up to me in tears asking if it was all true about the kids. Whenever it was said that our job is to soften the landing for others... I agree.

Then, her very respectable family called to warn of the impending doom, she very calmly told them they "where we go one, we go all."

tgsio

Legendary
Founder

Hang on.... he's playing with Hallie's dad? Oh She who is Beau's widow and Hunter's fuck buddy? What about Hunter's incestuous, predatory relationship with the minor daughter... his granddaughter?

I mean... really? Are you fucking kidding me? Not that it would ever happen, but hypothetically... no way would my dad (if it was me or my sister or one of my daughters) or my husband (one of his daughters) let this asshole and his crack whore of a son continue to steal oxygen.

MeridianOSU

Legendary
Founder
Only argument I have ever won with the better half was when I told her she was right and walked off.

That whole facts thing works both ways. You know when we are right more than we do.

Case in point: i was talking to a colleague about purchasing an island in se Asia if I won the lottery. Then we discussed defending said island from pirates. Well my buddy just so happened to have an uncle w a peg leg, an eye patch, and the nickname "Diamond Dave". Get him a parrot and we are set...right?

Wife is doing the pee dance hearing all this. My question was, "what is so funny"

She laughs.

Fast forward 9 months and the Somali pirates start making national news. Then Tom Hanks makes the movie.

She knows.

Sometime after 46 years of marriage you need to put your foot down. I did tonight and have less rooms to sleep in. 5th wheel it is real soon and she doesn’t realize it. The thing is they are mobile and she will loose everything.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Sometime after 46 years of marriage you need to put your foot down. I did tonight and have less rooms to sleep in. 5th wheel it is real soon and she doesn’t realize it. The thing is they are mobile and she will loose everything.
You okay? We women get a little squirrely now and then. You know this. We're a pain in the ass, but worth it most of the time.

And I'm the one that sleeps on the couch with the 11 year old coonhound. It's a PITA to go down all the stairs to let her out throughout the night and I can sleep in, so I just stay downstairs so my husband can sleep. Especially right now. He and my 22 year old are both home with covid. Nothing worse than a cold for my daughter. Kicked my husband's butt. He got his second shot and my daughter got her first April 6 (my birthday). I and the other 2... no shot, already had this crap.... are just fine other than house arrest which is driving my son insane. I'm letting him go play golf tomorrow just to get the hell out of this house.

Jtrain80

Legendary

After 46 yrs, I bet you cant butter your own bread.

I sincerely hope to make it there.

I am gonna do a shot for us in the name of marriage. For better or worse.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
After 46 yrs, I bet you cant butter your own bread.

I sincerely hope to make it there.

I am gonna do a shot for us in the name of marriage. For better or worse.
24 here. I've been married half of my life. I can't imagine life without my husband... even on those days I vividly plot out his murder.

*obviously kidding about the murder thing. Like y'all don't have those days. 🤣

The key is the good times vastly outweigh the bad. It's trite, but he is my best friend. I never doubt him, nor does he ever doubt me. He's the one person I trust with no question. No matter what.

For you young couples... keep the sex dirty and the fighting clean.

Jtrain80

Legendary
24 here. I've been married half of my life. I can't imagine life without my husband... even on those days I vividly plot out his murder.

The key is the good times vastly outweigh the bad. It's trite, but he is my best friend. I never doubt him, nor does he ever doubt me. He's the one person I trust with no question. No matter what.

Gosh dang. So much to unpack here.

I am currently about to do battle with my freshman in college daughter who wants move in with her boyfriend....

I raised her right, and all her bfs were decent human beings. This guy is super sweet, but I will disown her for moving in with him without being married. She knows this. I told him I am old school and dont give no fucks. I also told them that I wish nothing but success in their relationship. Poor guy stood in my garage and professed his love and intentions.

Parenthood...

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Gosh dang. So much to unpack here.

I am currently about to do battle with my freshman in college daughter who wants move in with her boyfriend....

I raised her right, and all her bfs were decent human beings. This guy is super sweet, but I will disown her for moving in with him without being married. She knows this. I told him I am old school and dont give no fucks. I also told them that I wish nothing but success in their relationship. Poor guy stood in my garage and professed his love and intentions.

Parenthood...
My daughter and her boyfriend (who will eventually be her husband. She's the one holding up on marriage) moved in together last year.

The thing is... they were 24 and neither had lived anywhere near home (Ohio and Minnesota) since they left for college. Hell, he worked for 8 months for a first date. I adore this young man... and we politically disagree on most everything until it gets down to real life. Is it my dream for my daughter to live with her boyfriend? Nope. But, she's a an adult with a career and relies on us for nothing, financially. (I'm currently in a stand off over plane tickets for her to come home for her sisters' college and hs graduation. They can afford the flight, but that's not the point. Daddy and I will never not pay to get them home...as our parents STILL insist for us. It's just a family thing). At the end of the day...all I care about is that my girl is happy and healthy.

That said.. if she was in school and I was financing her life, nope. Make your choice, Punkin. You want to be an adult? Then you can finance that life.

And if you can do basic math, you'll figure out that I had my oldest daughter before I met my husband. I was 22 when I had her. My parents were amazing. My mother actually arranged her work schedule to make sure that one of us would always be with her, but I paid her (an admittedly ridiculous minimal rate) for childcare and rent. When I talk about how blessed I am with my parents, I'm not just throwing out heart emojis. I truly know what it cost them emotionally and spiritually. They took more than their fair share of hits from friends and the church because of me... and they never faltered.

And my husband is my girl's Daddy.

I'm a very blessed girl. And we've been very frank with all of them that while it seems easy and it's worked out now... it wasn't.

Last edited:

Jtrain80

Legendary
My daughter and her boyfriend (who will eventually be her husband. She's the one holding up on marriage) moved in together last year.

The thing is... they were 24 and neither had lived anywhere near home (Ohio and Minnesota) since they left for college. Hell, he worked for 8 months for a first date. I adore this young man... and we politically disagree on most everything until it gets down to real life. Is it my dream for my daughter to live with her boyfriend? Nope. But, she's a an adult with a career and relies on us for nothing, financially. (I'm currently in a stand off over plane tickets for her to come home for her sisters' college and hs graduation. They can afford the flight, but that's not the point. Daddy and I will never not pay to get them home...as our parents STILL insist for us. It's just a family thing). At the end of the day...all I care about is that my girl is happy and healthy.

That said.. if she was in school and I was financing her life, nope. Make your choice, Punkin. You want to be an adult? Then you can finance that life.

Well its nice to hear other folks have issues also.

Not sure if you have ever seen a young man scared to death, but in love and willing to stand up to anything. Daughter was patting him on the back, wife was crying, I am shooting laser beams at the guy.

I remember those days. He didnt flinch and earned my respect. Wife gave him a big hug. I got the hand shake initiated b4 a hug could be employed.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Well its nice to hear other folks have issues also.

Not sure if you have ever seen a young man scared to death, but in love and willing to stand up to anything. Daughter was patting him on the back, wife was crying, I am shooting laser beams at the guy.

I remember those days. He didnt flinch and earned my respect. Wife gave him a big hug. I got the hand shake initiated b4 a hug could be employed.
🤣 her boyfriend and I got into a full on yelling argument over politics... which ended when he said he would never live in a 'red' state. And I flat out laughed and told him tovget back to me when he graduated and had to get a job and pay taxes. (And he's truly pretty brilliant. And a great person. Not kidding.)

https://news.asu.edu/20171108-arizona-impact-asu-students-winning-design-phoenix-bus-shelters

5 years later... he wants to move to Texas or Florida... but my daughter isn't ready in her career. . (Her company would move her to Dallas tomorrow).

They've been together for 6 years. Like I said... she's the one holding up on marriage. He'd marry her tomorrow.

Don't cut your daughter off completely, as far as your relationship. She needs to know that you will always be there for her.

Financially? Yep. You are under no obligation to finance her living situation... especially if you vehemently object.

But never cut her out of your life. And make it clear that your love for her has no relationship to your checkbook.

Last edited:

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder

She laughs.

She knows.
This nigga gets it

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder

Wow! Welcome to the board mama!

Moosepoo80

Elite
Founder
https://www.beerbarrelpib.com/

Back in my old days. If your 21-40 and in living or visiting in Summer in upper Midwest Ohio GO!. Single go, married go, married with kids send them to Cedar Point and Go.

No Tata’s allowed on the island. Boats docked on island no rules!
Funny enough. Im from Florida and went to UF. Summer of 2000 my college roommate and I saw on the internet (roadrunner high speed) a slide show about summer jobs on this island called Put in Bay..it was like a cheap powerpoint slideshow. Well we decided we wanted to be bartenders there. We packed up my car, told our parents we had jobs (we didn't yet) and drove to Sandusky Ohio and caught the ferry to this island. We arrived May 15th. We didn't know the island didn't really open until Memorial Day. We found bartender jobs at the yacht club Crews Nest and the famous bar Roundhouse. IT WAS THE BEST SUMMER OF MY LIFE! Beers, boats and boobs thats all it was. I think I had sects almost every night. The lifelong friendships that I formed on the island and the debauchery will never be matched. Anyone with a 21yr old son should highly encourage them to go. I made a ton of money (saved 10k that summer) on top of that too. I went back after I graduated for one last summer in 2001. What a hidden gem up in the middle of Lake Erie! Memories of a lifetime

Last edited:

Long cat

Elite

It’s almost like seems like the unelected bureaucrats that think they run the country have an organized effort across many media platforms to push whatever garbage narrative they see fit to achieve their political goals. Must be a coincidence this all kicked into over drive after the Anti propaganda law was repealed under Obama.

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
My church is having some CEO come speak today on ‘racism in the home.’ Since I volunteer here, I think I’ll be volunteering away from today’s service.

I see plenty of racism in the news. I don’t need to hear it at church.
You should tell the (Pastor/Minister/Priest whichever) that you don't appreciate bringing fake news to Church and you will be finding a new congregation.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
View attachment 15877

He'll walk with a settlement saying he was a racism target

Latest posts

Top Bottom