Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

CurtOFD78

Elite
I’m currently reading the Pentagon Papers which is about the US Govt, joint chiefs, SecDef, Kennedy and Johnson etc (mainly Johnson though) getting the US into Vietnam, and the carefully plotted escalation of the war. I’m 800 pages into an 1,134 page book, and so far It sounds A LOT like what is going on in Ukraine.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
PSA -- I switched internet, phone and TV to ATT from Spectrum yesterday. Spectrum has gotten obscenely expensive in the past couple of years and unreliable. My bill had gone from about $195/month a year or two ago to almost $300/month and that's not the top package. Every month a couple more $'s for cable box rental, DVR service fee, programming connection fee, and expiration of promotional discounts.

What I've found is the fiber download speed dropped a bit on my newest computer 573 mbps d/l to 378 d/l. My upload speed increased from 26 mbps on all 3 computers to 360 mbps on all three. Even those with seriously inferior processors. I didn't expect that. I noticed my backup times for cloud storage, malware programs, etc., don't bog down my computers and are quite quick.

When I cancelled Spectrum they sent me to retention. They had several "deals" yesterday that their retention department said didn't exist 2 weeks ago when I tried to stay with Spectrum. Assholes! All in all, I'm saving about $100/month but had to sign a 2 year contract on the TV portion. It was a bit cheaper but no extra "creeping" monthly fees for boxes, DVR service, etc. Spectrum did say they would pay my early termination fee if I came back in the future. Yeah, maybe.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
AG Paxton of Texas won a court victory yesterday over Pelosi. He challenged "proxy" voting during Covid that Pelosi allowed which forced Texas taxpayers to pay for a US govt imposed law. The court said proxy voting by Congress is unconstitutional even in a scam health "emergency" and lockdowns. Less that 50% of Congress showed up and voted. Thus, there was no quorum present to vote on and pass legislation.

https://dallasexpress.com/state/paxton-wins-case-against-feds-over-proxy-voting/?acuuid=14265&vgo_ee=xILuZvJnUICG3JkOAM49CqJ/mVjsMDa7NRrJvEzhX3jJu8WfosSc:TRv3xGY8JifwsI17zhYLK+60QkimHLK1

Last edited:

atlrichkid

Elite
Founder
I’m currently reading the Pentagon Papers which is about the US Govt, joint chiefs, SecDef, Kennedy and Johnson etc (mainly Johnson though) getting the US into Vietnam, and the carefully plotted escalation of the war. I’m 800 pages into an 1,134 page book, and so far It sounds A LOT like what is going on in Ukraine.
my wife got me hooked on some podcasts of "american scandal" we listen to on road trips. One was on the above and another on the watergate fiasco, then another on Snowden - it's crazy stuff when you listen to it all.

Goldhedge

Legendary
PSA -- I switched internet, phone and TV to ATT from Spectrum yesterday. Spectrum has gotten obscenely expensive in the past couple of years and unreliable. My bill had gone from about $195/month a year or two ago to almost $300/month and that's not the top package. Every month a couple more $'s for cable box rental, DVR service fee, programming connection fee, and expiration of promotional discounts.

What I've found is the fiber download speed dropped a bit on my newest computer 573 mbps d/l to 378 d/l. My upload speed increased from 26 mbps on all 3 computers to 360 mbps on all three. Even those with seriously inferior processors. I didn't expect that. I noticed my backup times for cloud storage, malware programs, etc., don't bog down my computers and are quite quick.

When I cancelled Spectrum they sent me to retention. They had several "deals" yesterday that their retention department said didn't exist 2 weeks ago when I tried to stay with Spectrum. Assholes! All in all, I'm saving about $100/month but had to sign a 2 year contract on the TV portion. It was a bit cheaper but no extra "creeping" monthly fees for boxes, DVR service, etc. Spectrum did say they would pay my early termination fee if I came back in the future. Yeah, maybe.
I dumped AT&T! I was with them for 17+ years, (from before they sold to Cingular and then bought it back).

I had 1g of data and they wanted too much for 2g. We don't do much streaming on 2 phones if ever.

No 'deals'.

Went with Xfinity which was cheaper, faster, unlimited data and includes all the TV channels we like.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Sadly, this is what our country has turned into. It's not going to get better for a long time. When the gov't refuses to do anything about this stuff, vigilantism appears. These people are correct, all of us pay higher prices when people steal stuff.

However, Vermonter's did this to themselves by electing people like Sanders et al.

Latest posts

Top Bottom