Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Goldhedge

Legendary
I've been listening to "Rich Men North of Richmond" repeatedly and it has moved me to reveal a bit more about myself than I usually do.

I think my life story can provide a little insight into the troubles Oliver sings about, as I have had some unique experiences that brought me up from nothing to seeing what these people are like, from the inside.

This one is from the heart.

I am from a working class US third-generation Irish immigrant family. My parents never graduated college. We had one bathroom and no air conditioning in our small Philadelphia home. My first job was part time as a janitor after school when I was 16. I put myself through college, working and with an ROTC scholarship. I served in the Army for 22 years. Most of that was on the ground in infantry divisions. I went to three wars. As I got more senior, I started spending time in the Pentagon and Congress where I was first exposed to the Rich Men North of Richmond. After I retired from the military, I started a second career (which I do not want to get too specific about right now) which led me to working alongside very wealthy, very well-connected people who had never known want in their entire lives. Technically they were not near Richmond, but they sure as heck were Rich Men North of Richmond in spirit. Because I am alongside these people, they assume I am one of them, and they let their guards down. Let me tell you about them.

They think they are smarter than you. They think they are better than you. They feel that their inherited wealth gives them a noblesse oblige with respect to you. They don't respect you. They see you as pawns on a political chessboard. They see you the same way we see those abused dogs and cats on the late-night SPCA commercials: i.e., as victims who lack the wherewithal to care for themselves. They see themselves as having an obligation to tell you how to live. They see a need to control you, because they do not think you are qualified to make decisions for yourself. They don't want you to have power because they think you won't know what to do with it, and they want you to have just enough money to get by, and no more--because with wealth comes power. Because they have this obligation to tell you how to live, they feel they are entitled to more and more wealth for themselves and the generations after them, and they see no problem manipulating politics and the sweat of your brow to give them this wealth.

This transcends political party.

The Rich Men North of Richmond hate Trump and they hate RFK Jr. because they see them as people who might rouse you from your slumber, motivating you to throw them from their wealthy perches and taking that power for yourself.

That's who the Rich Men North of Richmond are. That's what they think of you. Anybody who tries to defend them is a liar, a scoundrel and a thief.

Now you know.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
https://thefederalist.com/2023/08/18/trump-doesnt-deserve-a-second-term-for-how-he-mismanaged-covid/

For those of us who are willing to remember Trump’s actions during 2020, pleas that Trump “wanted to reopen the country” ring hollow. We went through the Covid nightmare because Trump led us into it, empowering tyrants at all levels of government to strip us of our liberties. He has not apologized, and said “we did the right thing.” He took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and he broke it. Any Democrat put in the White House is sure to oppress the people to an even greater extent, but primary voters must take Trump’s pivotal mistakes during Covid into account, no matter their feelings on the indictments or the 2020 election. Trump can’t be trusted with a second term.
Trump had many blunders. He did not accomplish a fraction of what he could and should have. I’ll give him a bit of forgiveness in that it took an unprecedented international conspiracy to take him (and other similar leaders across the globe) out. Gimme trump’s second term all day over whoever the democrats roll out there, especially because you know it won’t be RFKjr. He’s not my first choice but he is far from my last choice.

Edit - unprecedented international conspiracy plus additional significant, targeted voter fraud

Trump had many blunders. He did not accomplish a fraction of what he could and should have. I’ll give him a bit of forgiveness in that it took an unprecedented international conspiracy to take him (and other similar leaders across the globe) out. Gimme trump’s second term all day over whoever the democrats roll out there, especially because you know it won’t be RFKjr. He’s not my first choice but he is far from my last choice.

Edit - unprecedented international conspiracy plus additional significant, targeted voter fraud
Definitely Trump over Desantis. Trump is way better on trade and the social issues.

Mahozzle

Elite
Founder
Nope 30 Years Ago They Were Pushing This One

1000_F_101209624_qScEm587S3Ufn599b3cLhIQ9nKWFXY0D.jpg
More like 50 years ago

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Seriously, can we . . . Please . . . Just . . . I mean . . . What the actual fuck? Holy hell.

View attachment 194905

"And the Russians are dying. It's the best money we've ever spent." - Trump's advisor and favorite senator, of whom Trump said recently "He's doing great things!"

"Also, it was me that got Ukraine the very effective anti-tank busters (Javelins) when the previous Administration was sending blankets. Let History so note!" - Don Maga

"I would tell Putin if you don't make a deal, we're gonna give them a lot (of arms). We're gonna give them more than they ever got if we have to."

Hypocrisy, thy name is Trumpism.

Jake’s latest video is out where he covers all of Russia being stricken with drones and early reports that Ukraine will receive a total of more than 300 F16!

Latest posts

Top Bottom