Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

CombingDesert

We ain't found shit!
Founder
Since the Rules Are Anything Goes ITT or This Board

The Only Solution is The Ignore Feature
Hmmm... I wonder if we can do better than that -- keep the free speech, but better limit / sideline the trolls.

@Croot_Overlord

I've got some possible ideas, but they may be more of a future state idea depending on Xenforo's limitations.

1. Since it seems we have had some repeat trolls likely showing up under new handles periodically, any way we can:
  • Validate if user IPs match those of other users?
  • Put a badge on those accounts stating they have multiple accounts
  • Maybe even list their other accounts with badges
2. Since they or other trolls may try and get around this with VPNs or Tor, could those accounts have a badge / flag indicating the use of VPNs or Tor as well?

3. Allow threads to have badge / flag restrictions
  • Users could select the restrictions and limit the selected criteria from contributing / reacting to a new thread
    • Maybe apply retroactively to a thread like this one, where the OP is MIA?
  • This would not stop those restricted from creating other threads on the same topic
  • This would not allow individual users to be targeted, just those who fall into rules-based criteria
It would still allow for free speech, but limit functionality of those trying to troll while covering their tracks. A more honest discourse. More transparency.

Thoughts?

GarneT&GolD1978

Finer Things Club President
Founder
For what it's worth I have had 4 guys who add nothing to this thread on ignore for months. I give zero fucks about what they have to say and I will not waste my time responding to them.
It looks like we are quickly headed to if not already having about 1/4 of the post responding to or insulting the 4.
I can only speak for myself but I believe that is having a real negative effect on this thread and is suppressing its interest by people other than just me.
You misspelled Gaggle of Faggits…

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
For what it's worth I have had 4 guys who add nothing to this thread on ignore for months. I give zero fucks about what they have to say and I will not waste my time responding to them.
It looks like we are quickly headed to if not already having about 1/4 of the post responding to or insulting the 4.
I can only speak for myself but I believe that is having a real negative effect on this thread and is suppressing its interest by people other than just me.
Haven’t put anyone on ignore, I just ignore them. At least one is either a paid troll or a psychotic as he’s constant & also I’ve also come across him on Twitter with his obsession/propaganda similar to in here. Seems to be posting around the clock & either doesn’t sleep or it’s a shared handle.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Hmmm... I wonder if we can do better than that -- keep the free speech, but better limit / sideline the trolls.

@Croot_Overlord

I've got some possible ideas, but they may be more of a future state idea depending on Xenforo's limitations.

1. Since it seems we have had some repeat trolls likely showing up under new handles periodically, any way we can:
  • Validate if user IPs match those of other users?
  • Put a badge on those accounts stating they have multiple accounts
  • Maybe even list their other accounts with badges
2. Since they or other trolls may try and get around this with VPNs or Tor, could those accounts have a badge / flag indicating the use of VPNs or Tor as well?

3. Allow threads to have badge / flag restrictions
  • Users could select the restrictions and limit the selected criteria from contributing / reacting to a new thread
    • Maybe apply retroactively to a thread like this one, where the OP is MIA?
  • This would not stop those restricted from creating other threads on the same topic
  • This would not allow individual users to be targeted, just those who fall into rules-based criteria
It would still allow for free speech, but limit functionality of those trying to troll while covering their tracks. A more honest discourse. More transparency.

Thoughts?
Bare minimum.

Make this particular thread for paying members only.

If Fed Bois want to troll, we should at least make them fill out a monthly expense report.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
1692272798871.png
Bet it's more

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
Some of you may be interested in this, you know who you are :cautious: