Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
BOOM!!

Here is your credit event - if you don’t have first time homebuyers, you don’t have to move up buyers. The whole system has become frozen.

For the credit mortgage to work, you always need to be refreshing them, paying off all debt and taking on new debts.

The housing market drives the economy because it’s a force multiplier for every dollar spent building a house you create 5X in the economy.

When the housing market dies the US economy dies.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
BOOM!!

Here is your credit event - if you don’t have first time homebuyers, you don’t have to move up buyers. The whole system has become frozen.

For the credit mortgage to work, you always need to be refreshing them, paying off all debt and taking on new debts.

The housing market drives the economy because it’s a force multiplier for every dollar spent building a house you create 5X in the economy.

Same thing happens when people are free to buy goods and services. The money circulates many fold through the economy. Being forced to limit purchases to survival items like food, gas and utilities limits the economy's force multipliers.

Goldhedge

Legendary
BOOM!!

I bought my first house in 1982.

It was 13 1/4% interest rate and a 3, 2, 1, buy down... (an ARM) which means the pmt ($535/mo) would go up each year after until it hit $750.

This was a great rate because 2 years earlier it was even higher! Volkernomics.

I refied 2 years later at a fixed 10%

It came down every year since then until recently.

Homes will still sell no matter what the (reasonable) rate. It just means most folks will need to save a larger down pmt to gain entry (IF they can save that is).

RHT 3

Elite
I bought my first house in 1982.

It was 13 1/4% interest rate and a 3, 2, 1, buy down... (an ARM) which means the pmt ($535/mo) would go up each year after until it hit $750.

This was a great rate because 2 years earlier it was even higher! Volkernomics.

I refied 2 years later at a fixed 10%

It came down every year since then until recently.

Homes will still sell no matter what the (reasonable) rate. It just means most folks will need to save a larger down pmt to gain entry (IF they can save that is).
I understand your point but prices for new homes today are seriously over inflated bro. Back then you could get a nice starter house for less than 100k.

The average new home around here is close to 500k . Thats 100k for a 20% down payment, and god help you once the taxes and insurance kick in. Not to mention that >7% rate.

It's been driven by greed. Artificially low rates for 20 god damn years to pump the stock market. It's going to crash and burn.

Goldhedge

Legendary
I understand your point but prices for new homes today are seriously over inflated bro. Back then you could get a nice starter house for less than 100k.

The average new home around here is close to 500k . Thats 100k for a 20% down payment, and god help you once the taxes and insurance kick in. Not to mention that >7% rate.

It's been driven by greed. Artificially low rates for 20 god damn years to pump the stock market. It's going to crash and burn.
True, but salaries have also increased. $30K/yr was a lot of money back then. Not so much today.

Agree houses are over inflated today... but that's because the FED has a Bernake printing press and a helicopter. Same with the stock mkt. All that cash had to go somewhere.

The whole debt-based fiat system is F'd up!

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
True, but salaries have also increased. $30K/yr was a lot of money back then. Not so much today.

Agree houses are over inflated today... but that's because the FED has a Bernake printing press and a helicopter. Same with the stock mkt. All that cash had to go somewhere.

Salaries haven’t increased 3x, especially when adjusting for inflation

What bothers me is the fact that we have fkn idiots in this country that use
abortion as their only reason to vote.
It seems pretty clear that women overwhelmingly vote in support of the issue when it stands alone. You’re right that for many women it has become their single issue that they vote on.

The real question at this point is how does the GOP move off their position on the topic since it’s costing them election after election?

Last edited:

t_money86

Legendary
Founder

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
BOOM!!

That's really not something to celebrate....

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
BOOM!!

Current owners/sellers who are sitting on 2.5%, 3.5%, 4.5%, etc mortgages have to factor in an additional replacement cost of taking on a 7% mortgage so they just don't sell or ask for ever higher prices to cover the replacement costs.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
Not for the easily offended…

Seriously trumpists, don’t click

Desantis is 100% correct. Trump screwed the pooch big time on Covid. He let Fauci, dr scarf and the deep state run wild. He allowed untested, unproven and ineffective jabs get pushed in people’s arms.

But the bigger problem is that Covid is just one example. Look what his own doj did to him. Look what happened when he sniffed around Ukraine (he got impeached and the war right after he left).

Trump was the best president in my lifetime but he’s arrogant and doesn’t know how to fight the deep state and bureaucracy. Desantis knows how to get things done, including protecting elections.
Holy shit we have ANOTHER retard ITT??

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Current owners/sellers who are sitting on 2.5%, 3.5%, 4.5%, etc mortgages have to factor in an additional replacement cost of taking on a 7% mortgage so they just don't sell or ask for ever higher prices to cover the replacement costs.

Client of mine just ran into that. He went to the NYC area looking for a home to move from FLA to be close to his son. He has a high 7 figure budget, but said he and his wife spent a week looking, and there wasn't a lot there. Overpriced trash he said, compared to his home in FLA. He said the realtors told him most people aren't interested in selling because they can't afford to give up their current mortgage.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Pro tip for those who care. Don’t play hero cowboy ball and try and go opioid free post hip surgery. Especially night one. Monday night was the worst night of my life from a pain perspective. I was delirious for about 10 hours until the dosage caught up. Biggest dumb ass move of my life.

There’s a reason they prescribe those drugs after the doctor saws off the top of your femur. Take the drugs.

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary
He fixes things, while Maga just blathered on about them. Taking action vs. posting childish messages on twitter.

DeSantis did a great job in Florida, zero argument from me there...but he's misplayed his hand and alienated a large part of the base, which are MAGA folks...the smart move would have been to align with MAGA where possible, like he did before, and go the VP route, then smoke through almost unopposed for President. Unfortunately, he flopped to the Bush/Clinton/Obama money, and now a lot of ppl hate him...maybe I'm Richarded, but that's just what it looks like from my single-celled thinker...

Last edited:

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Pro tip for those who care. Don’t play hero cowboy ball and try and go opioid free post hip surgery. Especially night one. Monday night was the worst night of my life from a pain perspective. I was delirious for about 10 hours until the dosage caught up. Biggest dumb ass move of my life.

There’s a reason they prescribe those drugs after the doctor saws off the top of your femur. Take the drugs.
8c8dc41d46896f53ba7ccd9ed0ad8c08.jpg

Goldhedge

Legendary

FYI Trump didn't prescribe the jab. He didn't make the jab.

There's a certain amount of trust given that big pharma/industry will ethically do the right thing and produce a safe product, but we now know that wasn't their goal at all.

Where is OSHA when you really need them?

Kind of like folks who post here. There's a modicum of respect afforded everyone here that they too will provide quality information and discourse with a reasonable intellect.

Shit on that respect and you get what you deserve.

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder

One Problem -

How much has the wage growth compared to the housing prices in the US?

The cost of homes in the United States has outpaced wage growth over the past decade. According to the Federal Finance Housing Agency, home prices rose 74% from 2010 to 2022. The average wage rose only 54% during the same time.

Apr 11, 2023

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
You don't only have to ask permission but you have to pay for the privilege. Repair or replace an a/c, water heater or most else in your home and you need to pay a permit fee and comply with their defined method of doing it. Build a fence and it has to be oriented correctly (in my town - pretty side out), posts have to be a specific depth in the ground, the design has to be approved and pay a permit fee.

And, I love stick shift vehicles because most thieves and others don't know how to drive them and I like shifting gears, few transmission difficulties or filter/fluid changes.
Get outta town, Bro!

denn

Legendary
Founder
One Problem -

How much has the wage growth compared to the housing prices in the US?

The cost of homes in the United States has outpaced wage growth over the past decade. According to the Federal Finance Housing Agency, home prices rose 74% from 2010 to 2022. The average wage rose only 54% during the same time.

Apr 11, 2023
We've seen this movie before haven't we?

Latest posts

Top Bottom