Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
F3CArepWgAAKedD

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
The point is that a veto would have been meaningless. It would have become law with, or without his sig.
In case you did not know, a unanimous vote is greater than the 2/3rds majority necessary to over ride a veto.

Anything to defend Trump, no matter how devoid of logic. And no, it does not become law, it has to go back to congress for another vote after he vetoes it. The vote did not happen in a void. Your 3rd grade version of civics above is not reality.

Do you know why the vote was overwhelmingly to pass the bill? Because Trump supported it. It was his bill. If he'd stood against it, there would've been a lot more people than Thomas Massie vote against it. Trump - disgrace that he is - mocked and tried to shame Massie for opposing the bill. Trump could've defeated the bill if he'd wanted, or sent it back to congress for changes. In his mind, he had no need to, he loved it. He couldn't wait to get out there and tell everyone how much money he was giving away.

A Trump veto was overridden once in 4 years, and that was only after he'd already lost the election. There was no chance prior to that; the other attempts to override Trump weren't even close. Most Rs were clearly afraid of going against him.

He has no core principles. Not one.

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder
You don't get it, I'm not going to beat my head against the wall trying to explain it to you.

"If the President vetoes the bill it is sent back to Congress with a note listing his/her reasons. The chamber that originated the legislation can attempt to override the veto by a vote of two-thirds of those present. If the veto of the bill is overridden in both chambers then it becomes law."

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder
Anything to defend Trump, no matter how devoid of logic. And no, it does not become law, it has to go back to congress for another vote after he vetoes it. The vote did not happen in a void. Your 3rd grade version of civics above is not reality.

Do you know why the vote was overwhelmingly to pass the bill? Because Trump supported it. It was his bill. If he'd stood against it, there would've been a lot more people than Thomas Massie vote against it. Trump - disgrace that he is - mocked and tried to shame Massie for opposing the bill. Trump could've defeated the bill if he'd wanted, or sent it back to congress for changes. In his mind, he had no need to, he loved it. He couldn't wait to get out there and tell everyone how much money he was giving away.

A Trump veto was overridden once in 4 years, and that was only after he'd already lost the election. There was no chance prior to that; the other attempts to override Trump weren't even close. Most Rs were clearly afraid of going against him.

LOL you get proved wrong then your backwoods a$$ starts making up excuses

Goldhedge

Legendary
Not for the easily offended…

Seriously trumpists, don’t click

Desantis is 100% correct. Trump screwed the pooch big time on Covid. He let Fauci, dr scarf and the deep state run wild. He allowed untested, unproven and ineffective jabs get pushed in people’s arms.

But the bigger problem is that Covid is just one example. Look what his own doj did to him. Look what happened when he sniffed around Ukraine (he got impeached and the war right after he left).

Trump was the best president in my lifetime but he’s arrogant and doesn’t know how to fight the deep state and bureaucracy. Desantis knows how to get things done, including protecting elections.
You can always tell a true leader vs a turncoat...

You write like a guy who realizes that Trump was the death of conservatism.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

Judge in Trump election case sets hearing for arguments about what evidence can be publicly disclosed​

Either expose it all or drop the charges. You cannot charge the lead candidate and hide evidence. This shit is getting old. They did this with russiagate. Freaking sources and methods to hide text saying "I just went to a walmart and you can smell the Trump supporters":. These fuckers are liars.

Coloradodawg6

Poster
Founder
Anyone that files a workplace grievance. HR will absolutely tell you that you can’t. Just dealt with this.

“The term at-will employment does not cover rights regarding unions or membership in a union. At-will employment means that an employer can fire you “at-will” for any reason, as long as it is not illegal.” When you fire someone for “cultural fit” you are begging for a lawsuit. We had one where an employee offered his resignation for a severance package. We accepted his resignation and offered him a package. He declined the package, sued us for not letting him keep his job… and won.

I’m 15 pages behind but this is absolutely the right answer. I own a company and we have a policy that anytime we’re going to fire someone we have a meeting with my employment attorney any my head of HR to make sure there can’t be exposed for any risk of retribution. It’s insane what you can be sued for. I have a tiny company of 40 employees so I can only imagine what large companies have to deal with.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Holy shit.

Just saw the team photo. Nobody is wearing 17 in the pic (Max's number fb and lax)

I'm of course going to show up for the boys and wear them and the coaches out. But no #17?

Max will still be home for the first 2 games. Let the fun begin. 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom