Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
-Dont get behind on your pain meds. Even if you think you can tough it out, staying on top of it for the first couple days seemed to make a huge difference for me. Even waking up to take them. Take the prescription and then in between doses take ibuprofen
How true. A person I know used to work for a pain MD. The MD told them it was easier to keep the pain away that it was to get it to leave after it arrives.

Have some Colace ready for the constipation you will get from the hydrocodone or oxycodone they give you.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
How true. A person I know used to work for a pain MD. The MD told them it was easier to keep the pain away that it was to get it to leave after it arrives.

Have some Colace ready for the constipation you will get from the hydrocodone or oxycodone they give you.
Yep I had a bottle of colace in my basket. And some Tums

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
Well LAC, going in first thing Monday AM for my hip replacement. Doctor tells me he will have me walking out of the hospital about 6 hours post surgery. Sounds too good to be true, but he claims my proper eating habits and routine exercise regimen will pay dividends for me and I won't have to stay overnight in the hospital. Here's to hoping he's correct. I'm 50 and have yet to spend the night in a hospital as a patient. I'd like to keep the streak alive.

Any tips some of you other olds can share with me who have been through this would be appreciated. Do's and dont's and things you wish you had been aware of prior to surgery.
Also, high dose oxycodone somehow affects your ability to sense bladder fullness. Almost pissed myself a few times. Keep the walker close by.

dirty022

Elite
Well LAC, going in first thing Monday AM for my hip replacement. Doctor tells me he will have me walking out of the hospital about 6 hours post surgery. Sounds too good to be true, but he claims my proper eating habits and routine exercise regimen will pay dividends for me and I won't have to stay overnight in the hospital. Here's to hoping he's correct. I'm 50 and have yet to spend the night in a hospital as a patient. I'd like to keep the streak alive.

Any tips some of you other olds can share with me who have been through this would be appreciated. Do's and dont's and things you wish you had been aware of prior to surgery.

My 78 yr old Mother has had both hips done in the last 2 years. Her last one was about 2 months ago. She walked out and was pretty much 100% in 6 weeks.

This was one of my biggest issues and reasons for divorce from my ex wife who had boys
If you aren’t their parent then you shouldn’t be parenting them.

In fact parents shouldn’t remarry until their kids are fully grown and moved out if they have a split. If people can’t keep their first family and marriage together the last thing the need is a second family and marriage to further complicate things. Parents make a commitment to those children when they choose to have them and when they put their own selfish desires first, like wanting to remarry, they are breaking that commitment.

Top Bottom