Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
Not hip replacement, but I had a massive overhaul on my shoulder last October.

@TheNJNole actually gave me a ton of good pointers.

Here are some suggestions I have:

-Get a ton of fluids and light snacks around ahead of time and set them up close by. I set up a mini fridge next to my recliner stocked full of pedialite, ginger ale, and bottled water. I had a stash of crackers, beef Jerkey, nuts and dried fruit close by

-Dont get behind on your pain meds. Even if you think you can tough it out, staying on top of it for the first couple days seemed to make a huge difference for me. Even waking up to take them. Take the prescription and then in between doses take ibuprofen

-Get a fuckton of pillows. I was able to form out comfortable positions for myself with the pillows because I had so many.

-Get a little basket and keep it close by with tv remote, meds, anything else small you might need so you don’t have things spread around everywhere to find

-If it’s possible or suggested in any way by the Dr, ice the hip as much as possible. 20 minutes every hour. Between that and staying ahead on meds you can do yourself a huge favor in pain management

-Do your PT like your life depends on it.
Great advice when you take the pain med stay as still as you can to maximize its effect.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
F2upRn5XQAE4VrJ

Desantis is going to be the new Paul Ryan of the GOP if he keeps this up lol

“I’ve said many times, the election is what it is. All those theories that were put out, did not prove to be true,” DeSantis, a Republican presidential candidate, told reporters traveling on his Never Back Down bus tour in Iowa. “What I’ve also said is the way you conduct a good election that people have confidence in, you don’t change the rules in the middle of the game.”

“It was not an election that was conducted the way I think we want to, but that’s different than saying, like, ‘Maduro stolen votes’ or something like that,” he added, in reference to Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. “I think those theories, you know, proved to be unsubstantiated.”

If Biden wins again the GOP will essentially be a regional party that occasionally wins control over one of the chambers of Congress. Trump’s base will leave the party hanging which is about half of their total voters.

Not only that but Biden will reign over an economy that will usher in AI and the reshoring renaissance. Furthermore, Biden will have expanded NATO and destroyed America’s longest running enemy in Russia.

The GOP will have to abandon conservatism all together to recover since every day more of their voter base die of old age while Democrats pick up waves of new young voters.

Last edited:

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
If you aren’t their parent then you shouldn’t be parenting them.

In fact parents shouldn’t remarry until their kids are fully grown and moved out if they have a split. If people can’t keep their first family and marriage together the last thing the need is a second family and marriage to further complicate things. Parents make a commitment to those children when they choose to have them and when they put their own selfish desires first, like wanting to remarry, they are breaking that commitment.
I guessing she filed to divorce you?

Edit. Did she then marry @MortgageHorn? OMG!

Last edited:

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

1691232318867.png

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

I guessing she filed to divorce you?

Edit. Did she then marry @MortgageHorn? OMG!
I’ve never been divorced. I came from a household with an abusive stepfather and I’ve seen the step parent thing play out too many times with too many people and it’s never good when they try to be a parent.

It’s also consistent with how I feel about schools and other entities parenting children and making decisions for them that should be left to actual parents.

ChingChongDingDong

Legendary
Founder
I’ve never been divorced. I came from a household with an abusive stepfather and I’ve seen the step parent thing play out too many times with too many people and it’s never good when they try to be a parent.

It’s also consistent with how I feel about schools and other entities parenting children and making decisions for them that should be left to actual parents.
He wasn’t abusive, you’re just a boot licking communist pussy.

If I was him I’d srap the shit out of your mom and dad dairy for raising you to be such a homo.

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
Not hip replacement, but I had a massive overhaul on my shoulder last October.

@TheNJNole actually gave me a ton of good pointers.

Here are some suggestions I have:

-Get a ton of fluids and light snacks around ahead of time and set them up close by. I set up a mini fridge next to my recliner stocked full of pedialite, ginger ale, and bottled water. I had a stash of crackers, beef Jerkey, nuts and dried fruit close by

-Dont get behind on your pain meds. Even if you think you can tough it out, staying on top of it for the first couple days seemed to make a huge difference for me. Even waking up to take them. Take the prescription and then in between doses take ibuprofen

-Get a fuckton of pillows. I was able to form out comfortable positions for myself with the pillows because I had so many.

-Get a little basket and keep it close by with tv remote, meds, anything else small you might need so you don’t have things spread around everywhere to find

-If it’s possible or suggested in any way by the Dr, ice the hip as much as possible. 20 minutes every hour. Between that and staying ahead on meds you can do yourself a huge favor in pain management

-Do your PT like your life depends on it.
Not married huh?

jdgnole

Elite
Founder
Well LAC, going in first thing Monday AM for my hip replacement. Doctor tells me he will have me walking out of the hospital about 6 hours post surgery. Sounds too good to be true, but he claims my proper eating habits and routine exercise regimen will pay dividends for me and I won't have to stay overnight in the hospital. Here's to hoping he's correct. I'm 50 and have yet to spend the night in a hospital as a patient. I'd like to keep the streak alive.

Any tips some of you other olds can share with me who have been through this would be appreciated. Do's and dont's and things you wish you had been aware of prior to surgery.
Good luck brother 🙏🏻💪👍

Top Bottom