Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Dolphincock

Elite
Lost my mom Tuesday early morning. The good lord saw it fit to ease her pain and take her home. Her soul now resides in heavan and her earthly suffering no more. I fear my father is not far behind. Keep him in your prayers. 61 years together and with all his new ailments has lost his best friend. This may take the starch out of him. Peace brothers and sisters.
Prayers to you and your family brother!

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Lost my mom Tuesday early morning. The good lord saw it fit to ease her pain and take her home. Her soul now resides in heavan and her earthly suffering no more. I fear my father is not far behind. Keep him in your prayers. 61 years together and with all his new ailments has lost his best friend. This may take the starch out of him. Peace brothers and sisters.
Prayers for peace and solace.

May God bless you all.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Okay. This is not a humble brag. Really. It's a this is sumkindabullshit.....

Many of y'all know that we are very fortunate to have family Master's badges. My husband's grandfather got them in 1958 and was grandfathered in with the whole will thing, so they went to his wife. My mother in law got 2 more through the lottery. So for a while, we had four but now we're back to 2.

Here's the thing. I'm going this year. (Sat/Sun. My SIL and BIL are going Thurs/Fri) The only time I've been was the first year my husband and I were married...25 years ago. ( Mark O'Meara won. Matt Kuchar was the amateur. His dad was his caddy and they were adorable. Just having the time of their lives) it will also be my 50th bday weekend, so...I'm going. (Masters is usually over my bday). I've always had my husband take friends, my dad, and our kids so they could really enjoy and experience something truly special. While I like golf, I don't love it enough to deny somebody else the experience. Golf is a huge part of our lives. We seriously wouldn't be here without it. (I was the beverage cart girl who met her future husband, the new pro, by missing running him over by 5 feet....and laughed 😂. I'm also the girl who told Arnold Palmer (a couple months later) my bar was closed at his OWN FRIGGING TOURNAMENT...and then wound up having a drink with him)

Anyway, of course I've been having a blast being extra snotty to Max that I'm going this year and he gets to stay home with the (admittedly adorable) dog.

And then....today...it all went to hell.

I get a call from his best friend's mom needing to know his lacrosse schedule. His friend has been told to pick a friend to go to the Masters and of course it's Max. It just happens that his best friend's grandfather is a member (amazing and incredibly interesting man. And just lovely. He loves my kid something fierce) and wants to take the boys...on his plane. And they will have member badges. Funny thing, this will be the first time my kid's friend has ever been and my son is more excited for him to go than he is to go with. (My kid has been 3 times) They were all supposed to go together in 2020 and.....covid. So it didn't happen.

I cannot tell you how my chickens are coming home to roost. Not so little smug shit. He's having a blast. Just looks at me and starts snickering 😂. I might kill him before April 7 and it will be justified. Y'all get ready to serve on my jury. 😂

As an aside, the only positive that came from covid was Max's golf game. He started seriously playing because what else was there to do? And within 2 years was down to a 6. He refused to play for the hs team because it's his one sport he wants to keep for himself and solely for fun.

All of our kids play to varying ability. They are their father's children. I just ride around and call it my rolling cocktail party. 😂

*Edit: I can't believe I feel like I have to add this, but no...I'm not actually contemplating killing Max. At least not today. 😂
If it’s gonna make you feel uncomfortable being there with Max, I’d be glad to take the tickets off your hands😉

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
Can we just just forget about the 72-82 mustangs please..... awful looking cars.
In spirit, I agree with you but I think your years are wrong. First, the 72 and 73 Mustangs were badass looking and should not be forgotten, but then started sucking thereafter. Second, the sucking didn't stop at 82. After the Mustang went to shit in 1974, particularly with the Mustang II, they continued to really suck all the way up until the mid 90s.

MRolly24

Poster
Just as I’m leaving, the business next to the golf course I work at went up in flames with a Norfolk Southern train stopped on the tracks right next to it. Pic from the beltway with Charlotte skyline on the right for context. Some feeling made me stop playing golf on hole 14 5 holes in after work and I saw the flames as I drove by.122B8D75-035E-45FA-A9F9-4BB42651A421.jpeg

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
2 weeks is all it would take
giphy.gif

Ofallontiger

Poster
Lost my Mother In Law on Thanksgiving Eve after spending 2 weeks at her bedside in the stroke ICU. Father In Law took his own life on January 26. Devastating. He couldn't live without her. He died of a broken heart. They lived a life in servitude of Jesus Christ for all 84 years of their earthly existence and all 66 years they were married. It's still pretty raw. I'm tearing up typing this. God rest their souls.

And God bless you and your family, Viking.
I am so sorry for your losses @ttyh and @Viking. You are bringing memories back for me today. My wife and I were in Jamaica last October. On Friday, 10/14, our daughter came in from out of town to visit with my Father-In-Law while he was in hospice care. She got him to smile and eat a few french fries. She got a picture of him smiling and sent it to us. An hour later my wife receives a phone call from hospice that he had passed away. It is so hard to get a phone call like that out of the country. My wife was his only sibling that lived close to her Dad.

We just came back to finish that vacation in Jamaica this week. Prayers and blessings to you both and your families. In the words of Bob Marley, One Love!

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I am so sorry for your losses @ttyh and @Viking. You are bringing memories back for me today. My wife and I were in Jamaica last October. On Friday, 10/14, our daughter came in from out of town to visit with my Father-In-Law while he was in hospice care. She got him to smile and eat a few french fries. She got a picture of him smiling and sent it to us. An hour later my wife receives a phone call from hospice that he had passed away. It is so hard to get a phone call like that out of the country. My wife was his only sibling that lived close to her Dad.

We just came back to finish that vacation in Jamaica this week. Prayers and blessings to you both and your families. In the words of Bob Marley, One Love!

Hope you and your wife have an amazing time to complete your Jamaican vacation. One Love, indeed!

VosFrost

Elite
Founder
Just as I’m leaving, the business next to the golf course I work at went up in flames with a Norfolk Southern train stopped on the tracks right next to it. Pic from the beltway with Charlotte skyline on the right for context. Some feeling made me stop playing golf on hole 14 5 holes in after work and I saw the flames as I drove by.View attachment 172408
Carolina Golf Club?

I’m a member out at Pine Island, just around the corner at about 1/10th of the membership fee. :D

I work uptown and you could see the fire from there. Wasn’t sure details.

Cincinattus91

Elite
Founder
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom