Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
Remember when Carter was Pres. The high interest rates and stagflation.
It put a lot of men out of work and on relief.
I was lucky i had a job. No raises or bonus's but I was very grateful. I knew it was head down, ass up and mouth shut and a yes sir no sir.
Many I knew had to go to work for the county clearing brush and roads sides. all day in the cold. Every where you went on the back roads, guys standing around burning brush piles and stacking free firewood for tax payers.
It was a good reminder to me to appreciate.

Yes Landjeff it was pretty tough work. Place I worked still had old men who had been around in the 30's and one told me. They all thought it was heaven when the company went from 6 days a week to 5 1/2 days a week so they got Saturday afternoon off with family.

I had a big family for these days. 4 kids. I was always on the hustle for part time work in addition to my full time job.
I would do anything legal. I cleared road allowances for developers just me and my chainsaw and pick up truck. He would pay me cash for my time and I got all the wood I wanted. Which I bucked and spit by hand and sold in the city.
I would do yard clean ups, general handyman work, roofing you name it.
The Carter years were tough. I was trying to buy my first house and was quoted a 24% interest rate. I spent many wasted hours in gas lines and finally got laid off from work. I was getting unemployment plus the Government started issuing TRA checks (Trade Re-Adjustment Act) if you work in certain job sectors.
I still had my Tool and Die/Machinist tools so I contacted a friend who had a tool and die shop to see if he needed any help.
He ask me to quote on a few dies he had to build so I gave him a very good price and got the jobs. After the day crew left I would go to his shop and work all night building the dies.
I finally got re-called back to my regular job.
Flustrating and hard times for sure.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Gardner not only needs to be tossed from her position, but also disbarred and thrown in jail. She also should be subject to being prosecuted for official misconduct and subject to being sued by victims or their families. It would be a perfect world if Soros were brought down by Missouri.

Last edited:

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
The Carter years were tough. I was trying to buy my first house and was quoted a 24% interest rate. I spent many wasted hours in gas lines and finally got laid off from work. I was getting unemployment plus the Government started issuing TRA checks (Trade Re-Adjustment Act) if you work in certain job sectors.
I still had my Tool and Die/Machinist tools so I contacted a friend who had a tool and die shop to see if he needed any help.
He ask me to quote on a few dies he had to build so I gave him a very good price and got the jobs. After the day crew left I would go to his shop and work all night building the dies.
I bought my first house at the same time. Interest rates were 16-18% but Texas had a program where the state put out mortgage money at 10%. I got my loan through that program. Don't know how it was done but also didn't care.

I, too, sat in gas lines while in Houston. This was during my time at CBP. We would board ships coming into Houston. Many were bringing oil in and could not find an empty oil tank to off load their oil. The tanks were full yet a block from any refinery were gas stations with long lines. The oil was there but the Carter Energy Dept. had rules on where the gas companies could sell their product. Thus, Carter took distribution away from them and put their own rules on how and where they could sell gas. Crazy as it sounds, but if a gas station in Houston got 10,000 gallons to sell and a station in rural Texas got the same amount, the Houston station could not refill its tanks when empty until the rural station sold its gas allotment. Stupid stupid stupid.

9Mounties07

Elite
What that woman said in public should open her and the law firm up to significant jeopardy if not true. Let's see if any of those named, including the Gov and her hubby, go after the woman or firm for their statements. I doubt any of them would want to go to trial and have all the firm's findings appear. If the woman or the firm has defamed anyone that should be an open and shut case. Will it be bloviating denials or actual defamation suits filed?
Unreal stuff. Good for her

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

FreeMiner

Legendary
My Machine shop skills, Millwrighting, and Welding experience helped me survive. But mostly what helps you make it is your work ethic and attitude. I would do any job no matter how dirty as long as it was safe to do, and it was legal.
Sure taught me to hate Liberal dumb ass politicians and unions.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

If charged and found guilty of inflicting harm or injury of a student due to the mandate, school board members may be sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty under 18 USC 242 and 18 USC 175.​

Do it! It's no different than killing or injuring a student using a handgun. Both the gun and jab are deadly weapons. It's been a long time coming but eyes and minds are opening.

Once one person gets tossed in jail for life the word will spread very quickly. All this shit going on in DC and the federal government would stop once one of the deep state gets tried, convicted and sentenced. There are plenty of targets, too.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder

If charged and found guilty of inflicting harm or injury of a student due to the mandate, school board members may be sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty under 18 USC 242 and 18 USC 175.​

Do it! It's no different than killing or injuring a student using a handgun. Both the gun and jab are deadly weapons. It's been a long time coming but eyes and minds are opening.

Once one person gets tossed in jail for life the word will spread very quickly. All this shit going on in DC and the federal government would stop once one of the deep state gets tried, convicted and sentenced. There are plenty of targets, too.
I wish but I doubt it would end that easily.

FreeMiner

Legendary
I bought my first house at the same time. Interest rates were 16-18% but Texas had a program where the state put out mortgage money at 10%. I got my loan through that program. Don't know how it was done but also didn't care.

I, too, sat in gas lines while in Houston. This was during my time at CBP. We would board ships coming into Houston. Many were bringing oil in and could not find an empty oil tank to off load their oil. The tanks were full yet a block from any refinery were gas stations with long lines. The oil was there but the Carter Energy Dept. had rules on where the gas companies could sell their product. Thus, Carter took distribution away from them and put their own rules on how and where they could sell gas. Crazy as it sounds, but if a gas station in Houston got 10,000 gallons to sell and a station in rural Texas got the same amount, the Houston station could not refill its tanks when empty until the rural station sold its gas allotment. Stupid stupid stupid.
Like I said in reply to @BamaRidger taught me to despise Liberal politicians and unions.
Interest rates to buy a home were jacked up worse than credit cards and you needed at least 50% down payment. What young family starting out can come up with that kind of money legally.

FreeMiner

Legendary

Hang them all. Murder is murder with a gun, a knife or a needle full of poison.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

Let hunters go in and kill them to keep the meat

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
Ok babe let's try this. Warp speed don was the bait for jan 6th...conquering invincible hero don did not drop the ball and miss the trap being set on his supporters....he was essential to the plot

No wall, do draining, more war, more beauracracy and a huge leap into the bio medical security. His presidency was a massive step back for the American people.....he is a snake, controlled op, a puppet of the enemy......but then again he does show up to "east Palestine" for a photo op

the trump defense will only get more and more ridiculous......smart people knew that in 2016 and decades before, I saw it in 2021.....we all need to see it now. You do not want wage a battle in an army led by a general committed to the other side's program.....

Enjoy the weekend scar. Read something, anything....improve....make it interesting. I don't expect any serious opinion from you and the fellas, but don't be a bore
I knew it... Lol. You think that is such revolutionary thought process. FFS. Im not sure whats worse the fact that you believe it or the fact that you think that is some deep thought process. Like you are so enlightened and thought out, and deep. Lol This is all you came back with? You twined all that together. Im laughing. Not at the accusation, which is obnoxious. Just what you think proves youre right.

What do you suggest then. What is your thought of what should happen.

Last edited:

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

Latest posts

Top Bottom