Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

jdgnole

Elite
Founder
You damn well better sit still and listen while I read to you from the Book.
tumblr_8d588f8473f91a43f527b64648be09b9_cc054fcc_540.jpg

Winchester model 12-A? I have my Dads 16g like this he used in 70s pheasant hunting in South Dakota, solid gun.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Everyone needs to watch this. Holy Shit.

What that woman said in public should open her and the law firm up to significant jeopardy if not true. Let's see if any of those named, including the Gov and her hubby, go after the woman or firm for their statements. I doubt any of them would want to go to trial and have all the firm's findings appear. If the woman or the firm has defamed anyone that should be an open and shut case. Will it be bloviating denials or actual defamation suits filed?

FreeMiner

Legendary
Winchester model 12-A? I have my Dads 16g like this he used in 70s pheasant hunting in South Dakota, solid gun.
Have my Dad's old Winchester 97 in sweet 16. Well my oldest son's now. These old dolls could be slam fired. They also out shoot a 12Ga on distance.
He got it as a wedding gift from his new FIL in 1933 right at the bottom of the Great Depression.
Nobody had any money for gifts and such in that time. At least my family did not.
But that gun kept things going.
Prime fox pelts at the time were very high. And Dad got 4 dollars USD per day plus his shells to hunt fox all winter from daybreak to sunset.
That was a fortune. Men working in the bush all day with a cross cut and an axe maybe got a dollar or 2 for all day in the cold.
Whenever that gun came out, he would tell that story, about how the 16 Winchester kept him and the family's table.
A lot of those old girls were take downs as well.

In general, yes. I agree. I would ask this though, how many times is the corruption of cops caught by other cops? Seems to me that the police departments mostly run investigations when the transgressions are brought to light by outside entities and are forced to do so. I could be off on that, and therealjohncooper can shed more of an informed light on that if I am.

You don’t have to ask a cop to know how that system like many others work. They cover up stuff and handle things internally all time in order to save face. I can assure you a cop willing to snitch on another cop won’t make it long, whether that be in the force….. or life

TheRealJohnCooper

💎
Founder
In general, yes. I agree. I would ask this though, how many times is the corruption of cops caught by other cops? Seems to me that the police departments mostly run investigations when the transgressions are brought to light by outside entities and are forced to do so. I could be off on that, and therealjohncooper can shed more of an informed light on that if I am.
Some truth in there depending on the department. The larger departments are generally run by left leaning chiefs and commissioners, so they will throw cops out on the street for anything. Mid size and smaller are still run by more middle to conservative administrators. So we have more protection.

The simple answer to your question is that we are held to an even higher standard today than in any other time in history. So it is not a fun job to have anymore.

Furthermore, I have investigated cops in criminal investigations and internal investigations. When they needed to be arrested, disciplined or fired. They were.

There are still plenty of bad cops out there. It’s just not as rampant as some would think.

9Mounties07

Elite
...and I might add that I was very athletic in my younger days and was called some pretty ugly things by people who were a darker color than me on the athletic fields and courts. I guess some folks get away with that with the excuse of “that’s just trash talk” when we do it. When I was a kid growing up in the late 60’s, my Dad told me a story about a black friend that he had in Huntington, WV where he worked. He worked at a local hardware store. There was a lot of rioting going on in the area...and particularly on 16th Street, (Now renamed Hal Greer Boulevard) One day, my Dad asked his friend what was going on over on 16th Street. I’ll never forget what the man said to my father...”Mr Dale, it ain’t us good colored folks who are causing all the problems. It’s those damn “insert N word.” My Dad told me...”Son, they come in every color...”

I’ve always judged people by how they treated me and by their character...I’ve really never had a problem getting along with “any” person who is of good character. I grew up among poor people. I’ve never forgotten where I came from.

...and if you’re going to get salty with someone, don’t get offended if their salt is saltier than yours.
Good stuff man

I have spent a lifetime shooting and hunting.

Point any gun at me loaded or unloaded and we are going to have
a serious problem.

It will be addressed.

Same and Agreed but we weren’t taking about someone pointing a gun at someone else. This guy had his own shotgun laying towards him. Would I do that? Probably not

Latest posts

Top Bottom