Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

^^The long term Senators and congressman are the biggest threat to America and the "Democracy" they claim to love^^

Thought DC was a gun-free zone.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
People bitching about 6% mortgages. My first was at 10% in 1981 and that was state mortgage backed money. The rate at other lenders was 14%+.
The average home price in 1981 was just over 1/7th of what it is now. Home prices have more than doubled since then relative to the value of the $$. The market is unsustainable at anything resembling today's prices and interest rates, which is why some local markets are crashing, and eventually, all of them will.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
The average home price in 1981 was just over 1/7th of what it is now. Home prices have more than doubled since then relative to the value of the $$. The market is unsustainable at anything resembling today's prices and interest rates, which is why some local markets are crashing, and eventually, all of them will.
It's all relative. Salaries back then were nowhere near a high as now.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
Now do the relative comparison.

How much have salaries increased compared to the proportion of increase in Median home price? You are almost there.

Salaries increased 3X. Home prices increased 5X. That means the debt impact of a the same dollar of mortgage debt in 2022 is 66% more than the same dollar in 1981 for the same mortgage rate

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

Yes, but not even close to what they would need to keep pace with home prices.

Avg housing prices then to now have increased about 7 x over, while median income has done just a little better than triple. The average American household income is ~$70,000. To have kept pace with housing, it would have to be ~ $150,000. There's no possible way most people can afford to buy a new home now, and especially not with rates doubling the last 18 months. And then think about banks that are lending to people in this market, given the factors above. It's a bomb waiting to explode.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Now do the relative comparison.

How much have salaries increased compared to the proportion of increase in Median home price? You are almost there.

Salaries increased 3X. Home prices increased 5X. That means the debt impact of a the same dollar of mortgage debt in 2022 is 66% more than the same dollar in 1981 for the same mortgage rate

FHA says it's even worse, the avg home price was ~$80K in 1981, $550K now.

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
Florida @RepLuna’s new AR-15 pin
Fn-esLvWQAMF5xb

I like her.gif

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
FBI playing their games.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
FBI playing their games.

Obama still refusing. Not in the news though

BamaRidger

Legendary
Founder
Dems increasing the size of their Gestapo all elections will be controlled if the FBI is not disbanded. IMO

noleology

Elite
Founder
Most people never see the rodents in and around their homes unless there are many. Based on the number of rat boxes I have placed out around homes and businesses, there are lots of rodents as the boxes are usually empty of bait each time I go by to check. They don't discriminate on where they go. I've seen as many or more in the high rent districts as the Sec 8 districts. Had some Vietnamese at one Sec 8 complex. They would trap, cook and eat rats. They didn't want rat boxes anywhere near their buildings.

The point I'm making is the gov't is going to restrict the use of these pesticides soon and the costs to cure the problem will increase. Restriction is the first step. The goal among the NWO is to eliminate all pesticides. Hence, the push for bugs in food.
Thanks for the info.
I just ordered a case of One Bite

dirty022

Elite

I'm already seeing 10%-15% reductions in values. You just aren't seeing it in the media yet. We are seeing activity at those prices so I think we may settle between 15%-20% reductions when it is all said and done.

Top Bottom