Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
First, I appreciate your response. Thank you! In the end, I am going to practice the way I want to. My beliefs are not any less than anyone who chooses to gather or assemble. I have looked for a good church that I can get on board with, but I just do not like the people they have representing god and his teachings at any of them. So I will remain doing things my own way. I don't think god is going to be too upset with that.

Christianity is about Christ. His way, not ours. Consider your post. "I am going" "I want to" "I just do not like" "I will remain" "my own way". You're adamant about doing things your way, even though it's undeniably contradictory to what God said. You're forfeiting things that have immeasurable benefit and reward.

"Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together". Why? One of the answers to why is included in the same verse. "exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." One another. A Christian isn't just supposed to be in church to get help for himself. He has a duty to be there so he can help others.

God isn't "upset"? God doesn't take his word lightly. God says that he is his word. If we purposely violate his word, God is of course upset, at least insofar as we can apply human emotions to God. Our failure to acknowledge that doesn't make it any less true. We're told obedience is better than sacrifice, and nowhere are we given leeway to choose what we will or won't be obedient to, if we desire to remain in fellowship with God.

Pineapple

Legendary
First, I appreciate your response. Thank you! In the end, I am going to practice the way I want to. My beliefs are not any less than anyone who chooses to gather or assemble. I have looked for a good church that I can get on board with, but I just do not like the people they have representing god and his teachings at any of them. So I will remain doing things my own way. I don't think god is going to be too upset with that.
Hebrews and Acts must keep you awake at night. How does one use their spiritual gifts to support the Church if not in one? And, I’m guessing you don’t tithe either? Tithing is to the church.

Yikes man, you’re not accountable to me, but I would really suggest you submit to Church Leadership and join one.

From an article on the subject - you might look over the verses mentioned.

“I want you to understand that being a part of the universal church without submitting to a local church is not possible, biblical, or healthy.

First, it’s simply not possible. To imply you can be part of the greater community without first being part of the smaller is not logical. You cannot be part of Rotary International without also being part of a local chapter. You cannot be part of the universal human family without first being part of a small immediate family.

Second, it’s not biblical. Every letter in the New Testament assumes Christians are members of local churches. The letters themselves are addressed to local churches. They teach us how to get along with other members, how to encourage the weak within the church, how to conduct ourselves at church, and what to do with unrepentant sinners in the church. They command us to submit to our elders, and encourage us to go to our elders to pray. All these things are impossible if you aren’t a member of a local church. (See 1 and 2 Corinthians, James, Ephesians, 1 and 2 Timothy, and 1 Peter for references.)

Asking where the Bible commands you to be a church member is like asking where the USGA rulebook for golf insists you be a human. The whole book is addressed to the church.”

Moving on…

Lots of people have credit card debt. Got it. But what is this credit event that people don’t know is coming?

If you have a lot of debt, your credit score is impacted. Seems pretty straight forward.

Are we expecting massive delinquency?

Why should I be worried?

Huge credit crisis in the world. Here at home is going to go pop. Everyone is maxed out. Incomes don’t match prices for homes, cars, etc.

If the government doesn’t somehow subvert what’s coming, 2008 is going to look like hiccup.

Should you be worried? Depends on what kind of financial shape you are in and if you’ve over extended yourself like 98% of the population. I think we are going to have an “everything” bubble

FreeMiner

Legendary
25,000 Ukranian troops slaughtered in the one Battle of Soledar.
This brings the number killed since Feb 2022 to approximately 150,000 dead and another 4-500,000 wounded.
Still not enough blood for the US MIC and NATO. They are all war ciminals.
Of course Ukraine is winning.

Jayhox

Legendary
Founder
The timing of all of this…

There is something going on here. This isn’t making sense in about 1000 ways. The Swamp is knee capping Biden. But to what end? Simply argue he can’t run for re-election for the same reason as Trump? But if this is the excuse, it would mean impeachment now. What’s going on? What are they deflecting from or what are they staying ahead of? Think big.

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
There is something going on here. This isn’t making sense in about 1000 ways. The Swamp is knee capping Biden. But to what end? Simply argue he can’t run for re-election for the same reason as Trump? But if this is the excuse, it would mean impeachment now. What’s going on? What are they deflecting from or what are they staying ahead of? Think big.
I think it goes by the name of Barack Obama...

Jayhox

Legendary
Founder
Ok, so why is Susan Rice knee capping Biden now? Is this Biden’s exit plan for a resignation and coronation for Kamala? A nothingburger like this?

I’m thinking this is Biden’s form of Hillary’s laptop. Biden used his “offices” as clearinghouses for Chinese spies to see classified documents. Hillary did it with a private server with Chinese back door access. Biden did it with hard copies. They know this might be uncovered so they are leaking a few documents found and claim that’s it hoping it will blow over in a news cycle.

Pineapple

Legendary
They accused Trump to get ahead of the discovery. No chance it was December/November. They knew before they went after Trump.

That’s it. Whatever they accuse others of is exactly what they are doing.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
It's the plan to keep paw paw from running again

Shaun52

SCAR Cawk Connoisseur
Founder
Been pondering this the past two days. It’s not someone else that found this shit. It’s HIS people turning it in. Biden WILL be a HUGE sacrificial lamb.

FreeMiner

Legendary
Really have to ask yourself why Obama and Jarrett never left DC. But set up a control room right in his DC Mansion.

Pineapple

Legendary
Been pondering this the past two days. It’s not someone else that found this shit. It’s HIS people turning it in. Biden WILL be a HUGE sacrificial lamb.
And he will be forgiven since he will suddenly have “dementia”. Media will say they didn’t see it because Trump’s behavior was so strange. They, the media, feel terrible and have learned a lesson.

Rinse, repeat.

Pineapple

Legendary

University of Misery.

3504.jpg

I have seen too many churches that consistently seek tithe/contributions. Then in meetings the only discussions are about paying the state/local chapter, mortgage, and salaries. The only real charitable work I have personally seen is the church members donating their own time and money to causes.

It definitely happens a lot. My family and I are blessed to attend a church that uses most of its money for mission work both around the world and locally. We have a vision weekend and that’s the only time when it’s a focus of tithing/contributions.

I have friends that go to various churches that complain that’s it seems once a month or more they are preaching to get $. Sad

Latest posts

Top Bottom