Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

s-ou-thern

Legendary
Founder
Left the "church" years a go but did not lose my faith. Just my faith in those who run the church.
I have seen too many churches that consistently seek tithe/contributions. Then in meetings the only discussions are about paying the state/local chapter, mortgage, and salaries. The only real charitable work I have personally seen is the church members donating their own time and money to causes.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
God is going to denounce you for believing and practicing his teachings away from the collective group? I would like to think that god understands that everyone does things in their own way. Just because I may choose to practice in my way, all the while believing his teaching and practicing them every day, I am somehow not allowed to call myself a Christian? If that is the way it goes, I guess I am not a Christian and can't practice his teachings?? Not trying to be a jerk here, but some of what you typed above is why I left the church in the first place. When the time comes to fight off the "enemy" am I less of a help because I do not pray with others around?

We're told to forsake not the assembling of our selves together. To bear one another's burdens. To seek the counsel of our elders. Most of the things we're instructed or encouraged to do are done in a group. Paul didn't give instructions for pastors and elders so that we could sit in a bunker and study how it applies to everyone else but ourselves. It is God's intention that every believer join a local assembly of Christians.

God doesn't denounce believers, but he does correct them.

From your words - "Choose to practice in your way". What you want shouldn't be part of it. We're to seek what God wants, put aside ourselves. The old me very much wants to practice the same way you mention. I generally hate crowds, I love being alone most of the time. I could probably find some excuse to rationalize it. But that's not what God wants. If I isolate myself, I can't help others, and they can't help me.

This is not just a battle, it's a war. The more allies you have in a war, the better. I appreciate that most churches have gone the way of the world (and worse), especially the larger ones. I would encourage you to visit local churches until you find one that you know in your heart is the right one. God is never unprepared, never caught off guard. Somewhere near where you live there is a bible-believing church that will help you in your walk.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
So what does that mean for folks like myself who are not trusting of those that are suppose to te the word of god? Does that mean I am not allowed to believe in my on way? Is god going to punish me or think less of me for that?
it means you are discerning well, but missing a huge opportunity to grow in your faith.

Just as it was with Elijah in the cave, where he was lamenting that he was the only one righteous left, and God rebuked him saying that he 7000 followers in the city, there are Bible-believing Christians where you are. They are everywhere.

So I encourage you to find them and then join the community of Believers.

denn

Legendary
Founder
We're told to forsake not the assembling of our selves together. To bear one another's burdens. To seek the counsel of our elders. Most of the things we're instructed or encouraged to do are done in a group. Paul didn't give instructions for pastors and elders so that we could sit in a bunker and study how it applies to everyone else but ourselves. It is God's intention that every believer join a local assembly of Christians.

God doesn't denounce believers, but he does correct them.

From your words - "Choose to practice in your way". What you want shouldn't be part of it. We're to seek what God wants, put aside ourselves. The old me very much wants to practice the same way you mention. I generally hate crowds, I love being alone most of the time. I could probably find some excuse to rationalize it. But that's not what God wants. If I isolate myself, I can't help others, and they can't help me.

This is not just a battle, it's a war. The more allies you have in a war, the better. I appreciate that most churches have gone the way of the world (and worse), especially the larger ones. I would encourage you to visit local churches until you find one that you know in your heart is the right one. God is never unprepared, never caught off guard. Somewhere near where you live there is a bible-believing church that will help you in your walk.
First, I appreciate your response. Thank you! In the end, I am going to practice the way I want to. My beliefs are not any less than anyone who chooses to gather or assemble. I have looked for a good church that I can get on board with, but I just do not like the people they have representing god and his teachings at any of them. So I will remain doing things my own way. I don't think god is going to be too upset with that.

denn

Legendary
Founder
I have seen too many churches that consistently seek tithe/contributions. Then in meetings the only discussions are about paying the state/local chapter, mortgage, and salaries. The only real charitable work I have personally seen is the church members donating their own time and money to causes.
The patrons of the church are great....I have no issue with any other believer.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
He needs to put in there that neither them nor their relatives can be lobbyists either....that's where the problem in DC gets worse with all of the money laundering.
Nor can any close relative (spouse, child, sibling) work for a company/think tank/agency or association (Mrs. Joe Manchin and daughter) which derives any of its money from the government.

So much nepotism and incest among the pols and their relatives.

theDane8106

Elite
Founder
Biden most likely has those all over the place. Anyone who thinks there is only one batch of these documents out there is as dumb as liberal.
Yep, the media and leftists are running cover for him and he's using the opportunity to get all the docs he's not suppose to have out of his possession before someone else discovers them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom