Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
FlyNLWxaUAMeIEh

CurtOFD78

Elite
Who is your school and do you have a "rival"? Like an intense rival - one where the game can't be played at night becasue the jails would be full. Do you play a team like that?
If one takes a brief look at my avatar it’s pretty easy to see I’m a Seminole. I also referenced “our bowl” with Oklahoma last week.

We play 3 teams with complete trash fan bases- Miami, florida, and NC State. The first 2 are intense rivals, the third, just plain trailer park trash. I don’t know how intense the TX/OU rivalry (I know it is BIG) is compared to FSU vs uf/Miami, but if it’s anything like those, yeah, it shouldn’t be played at night for the reason you state. I’d estimate that >95% of Miami fans have never even been to their campus and still think it’s the late 90s and dah U is running roughshod over college football. uf fans and alum are so f’n’ impressed with themselves they’ve been looking down their noses at everyone else in the state since I can remember, and they don’t have a problem telling you how good they think they are. NC State- we don’t call their stadium the “Piss House” for no reason.

9Mounties07

Elite
Fuck! I’m smoking a little tonight and had to read the second to last sentence like 7 times. Then I had to look up “byline” cause I couldn’t remember what it meant.
I was like:

“who the fuck is this Byline person that could be impeached? Is it perhaps a spell check for Biden? Wait, he’s not well respected!”

Hello google. No more lettuce for me tonight. I’ve smoked myself retarded.
Well done

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
If one takes a brief look at my avatar it’s pretty easy to see I’m a Seminole. I also referenced “our bowl” with Oklahoma last week.

We play 3 teams with complete trash fan bases- Miami, florida, and NC State. The first 2 are intense rivals, the third, just plain trailer park trash. I don’t know how intense the TX/OU rivalry (I know it is BIG) is compared to FSU vs uf/Miami, but if it’s anything like those, yeah, it shouldn’t be played at night for the reason you state. I’d estimate that >95% of Miami fans have never even been to their campus and still think it’s the late 90s and dah U is running roughshod over college football. uf fans and alum are so f’n’ impressed with themselves they’ve been looking down their noses at everyone else in the state since I can remember, and they don’t have a problem telling you how good they think they are. NC State- we don’t call their stadium the “Piss House” for no reason.

Ok since Miami is not our rival and neither is NC State likely if we played them and went to a game there my experience would likely be different than yours as we're not rivals.

That's all I'm saying when one plays their rival it is a different level of energy/hate/trash-talk etc.

CurtOFD78

Elite
Ok since Miami is not our rival and neither is NC State likely if we played them and went to a game there my experience would likely be different than yours as we're not rivals.

That's all I'm saying when one plays their rival it is a different level of energy/hate/trash-talk etc.
Miami fans are aholes to just about everyone. Hell, they’d be talking about the 1990 Cotton Bowl to Texas fans ad nauseam. Never mind that it was 32 years ago. I get your point though. Doesn’t make the back and forth any less entertaining to me.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
This back and forth between Longhorns and Sooners is quite entertaining. For me, I’ve been to a game in Norman (2010) when OU kicked our asses. Their fans were cool as could be the entire weekend. I became a Sooner fan that day. Had some great interactions with them at our bowl game a week ago. Sooner fans are pretty cool in my book.

It always baffles me how a school with the resources of Texas isn’t better at football. Does UT get most of their HS recruits from the state of Texas?

It just means less.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
When the LIfe Insurance Companies sue Big Pharma Companies to keep from going bankrupt.

Will make Mortgage Debacle of 2008-2012 look like child's play.

It will bring the entire fucking system down.

Do you realize how much money and derivatives are under Life Insurance Companies?
Once the insurance companies get fed up and refuse to pay on claims, raise premiums to outlandish numbers or deny coverage a lot of things may change.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Miami fans are aholes to just about everyone. Hell, they’d be talking about the 1990 Cotton Bowl to Texas fans ad nauseam. Never mind that it was 32 years ago. I get your point though. Doesn’t make the back and forth any less entertaining to me.

I was there. It was about 0 degrees. We had an outside shot at a natty if we won that day. Started off a little slow. Think we went down 14-0 after 1Q. We're still in it. High fives. Shots of bourbon for everyone. Halftime was something like 19-3. OK, we have them right where we want 'em. Let's go get it. More bourbon shots. We didn't score again and they score something like 30 unanswered in the second half. Final score was 46-3. More bourbon shots, but for different reasons than the aforementioned reasons. I was concerned about frostbite on my toes stumbling out of the stadium. Good times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom