Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Why do you say that? They disciplined the officers, demoted the supervisor, apologized and explained that they appreciated the citizen complaint and want to use the experience to improve.
I don't believe it was sufficient. 2 and 7 days without pay is nothing. A demotion in a union does not mean a reduction in pay.

After he showed that it was a cane and not a gun, it should have ended there, reasonable suspicion was gone. You punish someone to deter them from doing whatever action in the future again. This was an example of both officer's character and I don't believe the punishment given will have any impact. This is just another example of abuse of power by police officers when they had numerous opportunities to have the exact opposite impact.
"Hey, we had a report you had a gun, it's clearly not so thank you for your cooperation. You're walking home from jury duty as a blind man, can we give you a ride home?"

This is how the "apology" felt to me:

1668534779629.png

Jakethedog

Legendary
Founder
Hate to be that guy but Wray is Trump appointed and McConnel endorsed in the Senate. I am not sure the Q people can explain that one away as Wray being a good guy or anything like that. It was just a massive failure of an appointment and nobody on the right, with a leadership role, seems to care.

Sometimes I wonder

If you look at Q as a way to undermine Trump the drops read a lot differently

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
Hate to be that guy but Wray is Trump appointed and McConnel endorsed in the Senate. I am not sure the Q people can explain that one away as Wray being a good guy or anything like that. It was just a massive failure of an appointment and nobody on the right, with a leadership role, seems to care.

IMO, Trump has almost no role to play in whatever happens next. He wouldn't take bold steps while in office, he certainly isn't going to take any while out of office.

He's getting old, he's losing support, and that's only going to get worse, not improve. To say nothing of the vaccine effects becoming a more prominent public issue, and Trump's role in it.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Yeah, looking at some of the properties in the Canyon Lake area, the lake looks really low. That's not ideal if you're living on the water, but it recedes a ton and you can't really use it. If you have more acreage in the Hill Country (or other areas), do they all have municipal water/sewer, etc, or do most of those have wells/septic?

Check Lake LBJ. Constant level lake and the douche factor is considerably less than Lake Travis.

denn

Legendary
Founder
IMO, Trump has almost no role to play in whatever happens next. He wouldn't take bold steps while in office, he certainly isn't going to take any while out of office.

He's getting old, he's losing support, and that's only going to get worse, not improve. To say nothing of the vaccine effects becoming a more prominent public issue, and Trump's role in it.
He sort of lost me during that whole time. His push for credit about the vaccines was a huge red flag for me.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I’ve lived in every part of the state but the transpecos. Every part has its charm, however stay out of East Texas. Draw a line from Paris in the north to Houston in the south. Do not cords that line. It is only Aggie’s, Arkies, and coon asses. .

The only thing good about east Texas is Beast Texas High School Football. It’s the real deal. Best in the country.

Belezabro

Elite
I don't believe it was sufficient. 2 and 7 days without pay is nothing. A demotion in a union does not mean a reduction in pay.

After he showed that it was a cane and not a gun, it should have ended there, reasonable suspicion was gone. You punish someone to deter them from doing whatever action in the future again. This was an example of both officer's character and I don't believe the punishment given will have any impact. This is just another example of abuse of power by police officers when they had numerous opportunities to have the exact opposite impact.
"Hey, we had a report you had a gun, it's clearly not so thank you for your cooperation. You're walking home from jury duty as a blind man, can we give you a ride home?"

This is how the "apology" felt to me:

View attachment 149140
How would you respond to their actions?

Scrouch2434

Elite
Founder
@Scrouch2434 I stated the same in a previous post. I agree it was an abuse of power. But, I also feel the Sheriff and his department addressed it appropriately. I don't feel the cops should be fired...they didn't get physical with someone. They need reprimanded and development.
That’s a reasonable stance @Belezabro . By no means am I backing the arrested. I was taught to always respect the police. You could make an argument that he provoked them, but also think they should have continued to let him walk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom