Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

Ofallontiger

Poster
Will it mysteriously drop into a sinkhole? I’ll take another Great Lake. Can we add NY and DC while CA gets swallowed by the ocean? Hell, take part of OR and WA too.
What you posted is kind of scary. On another site a guy posted Navy maps on what could happen to Missouri/Illinois depending on the severity of the fault in the Bootheel of MO. One showed an addition of the Mississippi River straight up to Chicago. Another the total wipeout of St. Louis and most of Eastern MO.

The last Earthquake out of this fault was so strong it changed the direction of the Mississippi River to run backwards.

Fmoshermw

Elite
About 30 pages behind but am off tomorrow to a "Southern Rock Woodstock" concert. Remnants of all the greats.

So I always loved this and how is it that a Heavy Metal/Southern Rock band out of the late 80's nails this point so perfectly:

"Tell me why the Peacemakers fall"

"How many times must good men die, how many times do the children cry"

"Stop the madness"

Enjoy:

This rocks hard if your are a guitar guy/gal:

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
About 30 pages behind but am off tomorrow to a "Southern Rock Woodstock" concert. Remnants of all the greats.

So I always loved this and how is it that a Heavy Metal/Southern Rock band out of the late 80's nails this point so perfectly:

"Tell me why the Peacemakers fall"

"How many times must good men die, how many times do the children cry"

"Stop the madness"

Enjoy:

This rocks hard if your are a guitar guy/gal:

This was in Waynesville, NC last weekend, about an 80-90 minutes from me, and I didn't even realize it til you posted.

I got to see Lynyrd Skynyrd when I was young, in the early 90s. Still had 5 living members from their heyday. They were extraordinarily good in those days. Ronnie's brother is so fat now he's always out of breath, and Rossington, is in poor health.

Saw Marshall Tucker around that same time, they were sensational. Saw a lot of great bands at the old Starwood Ampitheater near Nashville.

I've watched the remaining bands from the 70s and 80s on youtube for recent stuff, and most are just awful. Old and obviously most of them didn't exactly live healthy lives. All of the classic rock bands are almost done. It's the end of an era, because there's no one to replace them.

Not sure who's even left in southern rock. Blackberry Smoke, not much else.

As you said above, all we have now is remnants.

OM JD

Poster
Welp boys, pure blood still reigns supreme. Was diagnosed with WuFlu Monday. Took a home test to avoid the Dr office. Had a 101.6° at the time. Didn’t take shit all week except for Tylenol/Advil to get my fever down. Pretty much all symptoms were gone by yesterday. Felt back to 95% today minus some fluid on my ears. No real preexisting conditions minus needing to lose some weight like all red blooded SEC fans. But I stay active. Blared Morgan Wallen, flew a MAGA flag, cut my grass today, and gave the double birds to Flauchi and the dems. Speaking of birds, a crow flew by while I was cutting my grass, drank some of my Miller Lite and turned into a Bald Eagle! ‘Merica! 🦅

Fmoshermw

Elite
This was in Waynesville, NC last weekend, about an 80-90 minutes from me, and I didn't even realize it til you posted.

I got to see Lynyrd Skynyrd when I was young, in the early 90s. Still had 5 living members from their heyday. They were extraordinarily good in those days. Ronnie's brother is so fat now he's always out of breath, and Rossington, is in poor health.

Saw Marshall Tucker around that same time, they were sensational. Saw a lot of great bands at the old Starwood Ampitheater near Nashville.

I've watched the remaining bands from the 70s and 80s on youtube for recent stuff, and most are just awful. Old and obviously most of them didn't exactly live healthy lives. All of the classic rock bands are almost done. It's the end of an era, because there's no one to replace them.

Not sure who's even left in southern rock. Blackberry Smoke, not much else.

As you said above, all we have now is remnants.
I think most of Blackfoot is still around. Hatchet is down to one original but still pretty fun live.

Interesting convo with my music buddy at the bar this week. There's very few "classic rock" new bands. The only one I know I'll leave a vid below. The niche that was filled by Aerosmith, Triumph, Foreigner, Rainbow, etc, i.e. Real Rock n Roll but not Scandinavian Death Metal is now being filled by like Brantley Gilbert and Jason Aldean, etc. Modern Country is the new classic rock. One goes from Brantley to Halestorm, whom I like btw - from Maryland/PA.

This "new" band is very cool. Can't wait to see:

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
What you posted is kind of scary. On another site a guy posted Navy maps on what could happen to Missouri/Illinois depending on the severity of the fault in the Bootheel of MO. One showed an addition of the Mississippi River straight up to Chicago. Another the total wipeout of St. Louis and most of Eastern MO.

The last Earthquake out of this fault was so strong it changed the direction of the Mississippi River to run backwards.

Kind of weird but this comment I made actually caused me to dream that IL became an expansion of Lake Michigan.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

1659783600225.png

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
1659783779446.png

1659783865632.png

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
1659784946140.png

1659785113028.png

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Welp boys, pure blood still reigns supreme. Was diagnosed with WuFlu Monday. Took a home test to avoid the Dr office. Had a 101.6° at the time. Didn’t take shit all week except for Tylenol/Advil to get my fever down. Pretty much all symptoms were gone by yesterday. Felt back to 95% today minus some fluid on my ears. No real preexisting conditions minus needing to lose some weight like all red blooded SEC fans. But I stay active. Blared Morgan Wallen, flew a MAGA flag, cut my grass today, and gave the double birds to Flauchi and the dems. Speaking of birds, a crow flew by while I was cutting my grass, drank some of my Miller Lite and turned into a Bald Eagle! ‘Merica! 🦅
This virus would go away if people didn't rush out to get tested. Treat it like hay fever or the common cold like most people had before the hysteria arrived. Many people rush out to get tested after the first sneeze and every sneeze thereafter.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

1659785465326.png

OM JD

Poster
This virus would go away if people didn't rush out to get tested. Treat it like hay fever or the common cold like most people had before the hysteria arrived. Many people rush out to get tested after the first sneeze and every sneeze thereafter.
Agreed. This is actually the first time I’ve ever tested, and I only did it because my wife is a nurse and had some tests at home.

I hate going to the doctor. I usually only go once a year for my wellness exam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom