Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
In Ancient Greece, Socrates had a great reputation of wisdom. One day, someone came to find the great philosopher and said to him:
- Do you know what I just heard about your friend?
- A moment, replied Socrates. Before you tell me, I would like to test you the three sieves.
- The three sieves?
- Yes, continued Socrates. Before telling anything about the others, it's good to take the time to filter what you mean. I call it the test of the three sieves. The first sieve is the TRUTH. Have you checked if what you're going to tell me is true?
- No, I just heard it.
- Very good! So, you don't know if it's true. We continue with the second sieve, that of KINDNESS. What you want to tell me about my friend, is it good?
- Oh, no! On the contrary.
- So, questioned Socrates, you want to tell me bad things about him and you're not even sure they're true? Maybe you can still pass the test of the third sieve, that of UTILITY. Is it useful that I know what you're going to tell me about this friend?
- No, really.
- So, concluded Socrates, what you were going to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor useful. Why, then, did you want to tell me this?

Dawg88

Legendary
Founder

I just found out Trump is on Hannity right now. He just said he knows what he’s going to do in regards to running again or not for the 2024 presidential election. I believe he’s going to run and I believe DeSantis is going to be his VP candidate
If I can find a replay I will post it. He had a Townhall tonight. He absolutely killed it. Basically destroyed the Democrats and challenged the Republicans. He said it’s not that I want to run again it’s that I have to run again for our country basically

He said he feels bad for Joe Biden but he does not think Biden is a bad guy but he’s surrounded and run by a lot of evil people. He destroyed Nancy Pelosi and he is working like hell to help good people in the GOP get elected in 2022 especially in states like Georgia.

Have I mentioned I love Donald Trump?! I’m ready for him to be back in office one day soon

Last edited:

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
That is just remarkable. Thanks for sharing something so personal. I don't know what all you went through overseas or since then, but I hope that your dream gave you courage and comfort in those times, knowing that no matter what you faced, Jesus had you and wouldn't let go.

I don't understand it, but God can use dreams to move people, and not just in old biblical stories.

Last week, our pastor's son came to talk at a Bible study I attended. He is a missionary to South Sudan, home to all sorts of displaced people, war, and refugees. He told us how one of the Sudanese pastors on his team left Islam and became a Christian due to a dream. This man had an illness that caused his head to hurt terribly. One night, he dreamt that some messengers came to him, put their hands on his head, and healed him. They told him, "You are healed. Now, go talk to the Christians tomorrow to learn about this God who sent us to heal you." He awoke healed, found some Christians, and has been following Jesus ever since and is now a pastor.

Another friend who is a missionary to Muslims in Indonesia regularly reports that Muslims in his community meet Jesus in a dream, and a good friend of mine who is a recent Iranian immigrant also saw Jesus in a dream prior to becoming a Christian.

In his dream, he saw a man standing outside a mosque. He didn't know the man's name, but knew somehow that he was the wisest man in the entire world. The man pointed at the mosque and said, "You will not find truth in there." My friend Ali woke up and decided to look elsewhere for faith and truth. He believes now that the man he saw in his dream was Jesus. He has been a Christian only a few years, and has already read the entire Bible three times cover to cover.

Your story is just as incredible. Thank you very much for sharing it.
This is actually quite common and occurring more and more with the Muslim background believes even in the US.

With Hindu background believers, it is very often accompanied with healing.

My theory in this is one of freedom. Most Muslims, even in the US, face tremendous persecution for leaving Islam. They will be disowned and excommunicated from their communities and even risk death in the ME. Compared to most of us who can pick up a Bible and freely read it, there are much more severe worldly consequences for gaining access, let alone following Jesus.

I believe that is why God/Jesus appear in dreams so often to Muslims. He demonstrates it’s real and worth the cost.

MeridianOSU

Legendary
Founder
will monitor late and early next 3 days. I’m taking the Mrs to the mountains and going to fake teach her fly fishing so I can just hold her tight. This women has been my rock for 45 plus years, but thru my transplant she was my 2nd savior after God.

She thinks we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I rented a 13K sq foot house and all our kids and grandkids will be there to surprise her.

sbisteve

Elite
Founder
99.99% this is BS but we share most everything here.

On June 21 the Office of Military Commissions convicted former Attorney General William Barr on charges of treason

So much this. Had this exact conversation at the work lunch table yesterday.

Started with talking about Dr. Strangelove and Slim Pickens ...
I’ve attended a game in the old stadium. If I was there today that Whistler would get a throat punch. Can’t believe espin hasn’t asked him to be removed based off the national complaint.
will monitor late and early next 3 days. I’m taking the Mrs to the mountains and going to fake teach her fly fishing so I can just hold her tight. This women has been my rock for 45 plus years, but thru my transplant she was my 2nd savior after God.

She thinks we are staying at the Holiday Inn Express. I rented a 13K sq foot house and all our kids and grandkids will be there to surprise her.
Man that is awesome brother, hope y’all have an awesome time. Roll Tide!!!

TopHook

Legendary
Founder

huh?

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Not buying she has sung a tune that will get anyone else, like to be wrong, but until it starts happening I'm not buying it
She sang enough to let everybody know who needed to be shielded *coughexohillarygilibrandhumacough* (of course there are many more, but those immediately come to mind) and where the damming evidence is to be destroyed.

She was very helpful to the government, indeed.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Ha he was in the upper deck. Good luck
He's ALWAYS up there. Has been for a few years. Right close to the mic.

So annoying.

I wasn't watching tonight. But my goodness the people that were texting me about the whistler. Uh... yeah. He's a thing. An annoying thing. How have y'all missed this? I'm not even a baseball fan. 🤣

(I'm back in INDY with Max for UA All American tryouts. He probably won't make the team. He's still young going up against the best of the best. His coach signed him up and a few coaches who have been watching him the past few years know he's here and want to see how he plays with and against older and better competition. But the experience (first time. He'll have 2 more shots), coaching, competition, and evaluation is important to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom