Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Master Thread Dance Your Cares Away/Fraggle/Law Abiding Citizens

Master Threads

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Enjoyment to begin the work week...Most of us know these but some don't.

----

An Opossum is an animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

There are 5,000 species of snakes and 4,998 live in the south.

If it grows it will stick ya...If it crawls it will bite cha.

Onced and Twiced are words.

There is no such thing as lunch...there is only dinner and then supper.

Iced tea is appropriate with all meals. We start drinking it at age 2. We like a little tea with our sugar. It's called the Wine of the South.

The word "jeet" is actually a question. It means, "did you eat?"

Y'all is singular. All y'all is plural.

You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.

There are only 5 spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco and ketchup.

You think the first day of deer season is a national holiday...take that Juneteenth.

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

Why did the Chicken cross the road? To show the stupid Opossum that it can be done.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
I'm Just Messing With IMO Is Likely The Smartest Guy On the Board

You Are the Most Confident Guy on The Board & Have Helped Me Keep the Faith

I Do Travel Outside The Republic of Texas and Visit Different Parts of Our Neighboring United States

Great Memories Out of Indianapolis

When I Was a Kid The Owner of the Company Where My Dad Worked Was Great Friends With AJ Foyt - My Dad Had Been His Guest at Probably a Dozen + Indy 500's

Nonetheless One Year for My Birthday, Traditional Memorial Day/May 30, I Got to Make the Trip With Them

We Sat in The Penthouse Box That Lined Up With the Start Finish Line

You Had to Be 18 to Get Into Gasoline Alley But AJ Sent a Guy From His Pit-Crew to The Entrance and The Guy Told Security, "AJ Said Let This Young Man In" Boom The Dude is Royalty at That Track and I Was In Like Flynn - Got to Hang Out In the Garage, Get Right Next to the Race Cars, It Was Pretty Cool for a Kid

Best Part Was The Night Before the Race There Used to Be Some Apartments Outside of Turn 2 IIRC (Maybe You Indy Guys Remember) AJ Had One of Them And Stayed There for Race Week.

Anyway My Dad Who is an Excellent Cook/Grillmaster Grilled a Bunch of Steaks for Everyone. In Addition to AJ Foyt, Famous Formula One Racer, Jackie Stewart, and ABC's Voice of the Indy 500, Jim McKay Joined Us For Dinner.

So Here's This Kid From Houston Eating Dinner With Likely One of the Most Famous Race Car Driver of All-Time - Foyt is the only driver who has won the Indianapolis 500, the Daytona 500, and the 24 Hours of Le Mans - 4 Indy 500's - Only Person to Win 9 500 Mile Races - 12 Hours at Sebring - Won Both Indy Car and Stock Car Champion in Same Year

Then Joined by 3 Time Formula One Champion Jackie Stewart and One of the Most Famous Sports Broadcasters of All- Time.

It Was Like the Upcoming LAC Bash But for Racing

So Yea Indy Gets a "Thumbs-Up" From @MortgageHorn
You are welcome any time.

Sloppy Mexican

Elite
Founder

The brainwashing is deep. Thread

I have been struggling mightily with this. My 13yo son was invited to travel to Belize with a friend this summer. Awesome opportunity for him. He doesn’t have to be vaccinated to go, but has to have a negative COVID test prior to entering Belize and before reentering the US. This is the route I preferred. If he does pop a positive test before coming home, he has to quarantine in Belize for two weeks, which in my wife’s opinion, is not an option. He’s already had his first dose and its absolutely crushing me.

RKirkD

Legendary
Founder
I have been struggling mightily with this. My 13yo son was invited to travel to Belize with a friend this summer. Awesome opportunity for him. He doesn’t have to be vaccinated to go, but has to have a negative COVID test prior to entering Belize and before reentering the US. This is the route I preferred. If he does pop a positive test before coming home, he has to quarantine in Belize for two weeks, which in my wife’s opinion, is not an option. He’s already had his first dose and its absolutely crushing me.
Prayers for your sons health and safety. I hope he has a wonderful and educational trip while our lord and savior watches over him.

Last edited:

RollyInRaleigh

Legendary
Enjoyment to begin the work week...Most of us know these but some don't.

----

An Opossum is an animal that sleeps in the middle of the road.

There are 5,000 species of snakes and 4,998 live in the south.

If it grows it will stick ya...If it crawls it will bite cha.

Onced and Twiced are words.

There is no such thing as lunch...there is only dinner and then supper.

Iced tea is appropriate with all meals. We start drinking it at age 2. We like a little tea with our sugar. It's called the Wine of the South.

The word "jeet" is actually a question. It means, "did you eat?"

Y'all is singular. All y'all is plural.

You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.

There are only 5 spices: salt, pepper, mustard, Tabasco and ketchup.

You think the first day of deer season is a national holiday...take that Juneteenth.

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

Why did the Chicken cross the road? To show the stupid Opossum that it can be done.
Truth...after someone asks the question, “djeet?” the common answer most of the time is, “djou?” 😉

Last edited:

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Fuck you you fucking Sheep Coward. That boy's death is ON YOUR HANDS. Forcing a teenager to get a shot of untested poison for a virus that is no more dangerous to a healthy kid than the flu!
Noticed on the marquee of a local Walgreen's on Saturday---"It's flu season. Come to us for you vaccination."

So flu will be back this year and masks, 6 foot rules and lock downs are a-coming.

TTUcamper

Elite

No offense but your kid does not have to go to Belize. You have no idea the long term effects of this vaccine plus we know it has killed kids.

Just for a trip to fucking Belize?

Most of us never went to Belize we are all ok now. It's not that big of a deal

Sloppy Mexican

Elite
Founder
No offense but your kid does not have to go to Belize. You have no idea the long term effects of this vaccine plus we know it has killed kids.

Non taken, and I agree. I’m still fighting the good fight.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Niece's hubby was a driller on an offshore oil rig when Wuhan started. He got out of Equatorial Guinea 2 weeks before the flight lock downs. Was supposed to go to Trinidad and drill when the world went crazy. He worked 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off. To go to Trinidad, he would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival at company expense, work 4 weeks, quarantine for 2 more weeks in Miami on return--at his expenses--then go back to Trinidad and repeat. Was never going to get to come home. He quit and is now a roofer. But he is home all the time.

TTUcamper

Elite
Non taken, and I agree. I’m still fighting the good fight.

Just hits close to home for me. Got married this weekend and have a bunch of friends in their 20s who got the vaccine. One got shingles another has had serious issues with her cycle, hopefully she's not sterilized. My best man who is super healthy and never sick has been constantly coughing and under the weather since getting it. This thing is not safe whatsoever and I'm done being quiet about it, people need to stop taking this thing immediately.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Just hits close to home for me. Got married this weekend and have a bunch of friends in their 20s who got the vaccine. One got shingles another has had serious issues with her cycle, hopefully she's not sterilized. My best man who is super healthy and never sick has been constantly coughing and under the weather since getting it. This thing is not safe whatsoever and I'm done being quiet about it, people need to stop taking this thing immediately.

My sister has been having bouts of vertigo since getting the 2nd shot.

I have been saying the whole time I would wait and see before getting the vaccine. I have now 99% decided that I won't be getting the shot. Too much unnecessary risk.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Congrats on the marriage.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Huge fan of this guy. Need more like him

It's easy to not watch the NFL when you're a Lions fan but we have one on our team:

The NFL is trying to incentivize players and team personnel to get vaccinated against COVID-19, but one prominent Detroit Lion said he has no plans to get inoculated.

"I did not get vaccinated and I’m not going to," Lions left tackle Taylor Decker said Tuesday. "I’m just not going to speak to the reasons why. I have my reasons. I don’t know, that’s such a hot button topic, but me personally, I just don’t feel like it’s the best thing for me so I’m not going to do it."

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
It's easy to not watch the NFL when you're a Lions fan but we have one on our team:

The NFL is trying to incentivize players and team personnel to get vaccinated against COVID-19, but one prominent Detroit Lion said he has no plans to get inoculated.

"I did not get vaccinated and I’m not going to," Lions left tackle Taylor Decker said Tuesday. "I’m just not going to speak to the reasons why. I have my reasons. I don’t know, that’s such a hot button topic, but me personally, I just don’t feel like it’s the best thing for me so I’m not going to do it."
Love his explanation too. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation, "just not getting it because its not the best thing for me."

Love it

Jayhox

Legendary
Founder
Congrats on the marriage!

Latest posts

Top Bottom